Retired Mod
And1: 41,812

Re: Per Woelfel, McKinney to be let go 

Post#81 » by Prez » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:40 am

ElPeregrino wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
Prez wrote:I really can't wait for when Woj rips this FO apart

I really hope he does.

Until all of a sudden we start seeing Bucks Woj bombs and then Woj starts singing the praises of LED and Kidd.

Except that Woj has already thrown jabs at the Bucks FO. He just hasn't buried them yet.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#82 » by trwi7 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:42 am

xTitan wrote:Aren't they kicking the tires on a regional TV channel? Seems like they are just picking areas they are choosing to spend.

I read that, we'll at least the paragraph that wasn't behind a pay wall and I hope estly don't even know how that would work. It's Bucks games, maybe Herd games and then what?

Just doesn't seem at all feasible.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,738

Re: RE: Re: Per Woelfel, McKinney to be let go 

Post#83 » by emunney » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:54 am

trwi7 wrote:
xTitan wrote:Aren't they kicking the tires on a regional TV channel? Seems like they are just picking areas they are choosing to spend.

I read that, we'll at least the paragraph that wasn't behind a pay wall and I hope estly don't even know how that would work. It's Bucks games, maybe Herd games and then what?

Just doesn't seem at all feasible.

Listen, as long as you're here, have you ever thought about a vacation home, but didn't feel it was financially within your reach?

Follow up question, are you familiar with the concept of time shares?

Let's have a seat, I have some opportunities you're going to want to see.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,961

Post#84 » by sidney lanier » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:58 am

MadBlueEdwards wrote:Gery has been so right about so many things lately. This must be fact.

When you work for a media behemoth like the Racine Journal Times, and then you lose access to the free coconut shrimp buffet, naturally you're going to be a little vindictive.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,260

Post#85 » by FlagsFlyForever » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:14 am

Prez wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:I really hope he does.

Until all of a sudden we start seeing Bucks Woj bombs and then Woj starts singing the praises of LED and Kidd.

Except that Woj has already thrown jabs at the Bucks FO. He just hasn't buried them yet.

Veiled threats. It's his M.O. Woj doesn't have opinions, he has an agenda. If you start to feed him info, he will reward you by writing puff pieces.
Read on Twitter
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,888

Post#86 » by Fotis St » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:37 am

Kidd doesn't want people with brain around him.

Especially when those people disagree with him.

He believes he has the best basketball mind ever.

He believes he can be the Head Coach, the GM , the POBO at the same time.

Conclusion ... Bucks go where Kidd goes... Let's just hope he has a plan and doesn't decide things on the fly.

It seems like Kidd loves Giannis and I hope he wants to make him a Champion.

I expect Jason Terry to be hired in our FO.

Honestly I loved Kidd as a player and Terry, but I have seen it many times in international basketball... and sports in general
Good-Great players fail to be good head coaches.

I mean a coach like Itoudis, born in 1970 studied Sports Science basketball at Croatia Zagreb, he has been a coach since he was 1990.
So a coach like Itoudis has at the age of 47, 27 years experience at coaching and was 12 years OBradovic assistant, who is the greatest coach of all times in Europe. Kidd or any player who retires at 40 will never surpass Itoudis skills.
My point is that Kidd should never be the head coach of any NBA team cause he is not qualified for the job. He got the job cashing on his fame and his connections. It looks like his ego doesn't let him to choose to be surrounded by experienced people to help him.
Kidd is learning how to coach by himself. I give him credit for loving the process to improve players. Yes, he has helped players to improve sharing his on court greatness. But that is a different job.

Having said all that, the odds to fail have increased lately.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#87 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:48 am

To make up for being in Milwaukee the front office situation has to be damn near pristine. You can't be a bottom five destination and have bottom five ownership. Really a shame.
imithanos
Starter
And1: 657

Post#88 » by imithanos » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:03 am

Regarding the basketball department itself, the ownership's decisions are getting worse/better (depending if you want to cry or laugh) by the day. I predict the best scene hasn't been played yet. It will be legendary, when the time comes for them to decide Kidd's successor (M.Jackson? Sweeney? A relatively unknown so they can influence the lineup? :lol: ).

In other news, Fotis is blabbering and been concentrating only on Itoudis this summer after Bartzokas' failed season in Barcelona. :lol:
No hay banda.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Post#89 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:06 am

Turk Nowitzki wrote:It seems particularly stupid to do this on a night where Brogdon won ROY and Giannis was Most Improved Player.

Bucks gonna Bucks

Pretty standard PR move especially popular with government types. This is totally buried by the good news outside of here I'm guessing.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,524

Post#90 » by drone3 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:31 am

Changing of the guards. Horst has been given the orders to trim the vets and build up with young guns. It's risky business, it could work, who knows.
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#91 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:42 am

Since it's gery, I'm expecting they will be announcing McKinney as our new POBO
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,840

Post#92 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:08 am

drone3 wrote:Changing of the guards. Horst has been given the orders to trim the vets and build up with young guns. It's risky business, it could work, who knows.

If that's the case, Thorn should go.
brettski
Analyst
And1: 1,733

Post#93 » by brettski » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:24 am

Surprised buckpack hasn't weighed in on this
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Mark my words....Gooden will be this year's teams MVP. Watch and see.....

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1139340&start=15&p=29252753&view=show#p29252753
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,046

Post#94 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:52 am

I don't mind the McKinney thing at all but if it's true about pay cuts that's extremely messed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#95 » by 4xBuck » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:25 am

Oh my, what a dumpster fire of a thread.
BradMKE
Senior
And1: 553

Post#96 » by BradMKE » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:44 am

JayMKE wrote:If LED were to flip the franchise for a profit in a few years are there any potential local buyers that could be interested that could afford it? Imagine it would be a lot of the same names and paying double the price it was the first time it was for sale might be a tough pill to swallow. The arena at least guarantees this team's future in Milwaukee, right?

Arena guarantees nothing. The owners could announce they are moving the team to Seattle today, pay whatever penalty is in their contract and they'd still make money when they sold the team because it'd be worth way more somewhere else, sadly.

If Milwaukee doesn't consistently fill the new arena after the initial honeymoon period, I could see them considering moving the team somewhere else to maximize their investment. But at least we'd get a virtually free arena out of it...
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Post#97 » by midranger » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:03 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I don't mind the McKinney thing at all but if it's true about pay cuts that's extremely messed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's the weirdest part. You expect some turnover when a new regime comes in, but if you think someone is not earning their salary, why wouldn't you just toss them out too. Billionaires with a B demanding Paycuts with a P?
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#98 » by JustinCredible » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:05 pm

BradMKE wrote:
JayMKE wrote:If LED were to flip the franchise for a profit in a few years are there any potential local buyers that could be interested that could afford it? Imagine it would be a lot of the same names and paying double the price it was the first time it was for sale might be a tough pill to swallow. The arena at least guarantees this team's future in Milwaukee, right?

Arena guarantees nothing. The owners could announce they are moving the team to Seattle today, pay whatever penalty is in their contract and they'd still make money when they sold the team because it'd be worth way more somewhere else, sadly.

If Milwaukee doesn't consistently fill the new arena after the initial honeymoon period, I could see them considering moving the team somewhere else to maximize their investment. But at least we'd get a virtually free arena out of it...

Stop. There is zero chance the NBA will let a team move that just built a new arena. Zero. The Bucks are safe in Milwaukee for at least the next 20 years.
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,630

Post#99 » by Gianstoppable » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:14 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:Lasry vs. Edens. Two big swinging dicks. Battling it out. WHO'S GOT THE BIGGEST ONE?!?!?

Judging by how they act it seems like they both have small peckers
#FreeChuckDiesel
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,630

Post#100 » by Gianstoppable » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:15 pm

JustinCredible wrote:
BradMKE wrote:

Stop. There is zero chance the NBA will let a team move that just built a new arena. Zero. The Bucks are safe in Milwaukee for at least the next 20 years.

If they don't I will throw Adam Silver THROUGH THAT **** WALL
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks