Wisconsin Herd Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Re: Wisconsin Herd Roster - Woelfel -Broghammer might be coach 

Post#21 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:07 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:If they need to play the local angle, why not sign Milwaukeeans Dwight Buycks & Jamil Wilson? Both have a much better shot at ever sniffing a meaningful NBA minute. Or are they not the right kind of local?

Is Wilson a FA or part of the Clippers?
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,371

Post#22 » by M-C-G » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:09 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:If they need to play the local angle, why not sign Milwaukeeans Dwight Buycks & Jamil Wilson? Both have a much better shot at ever sniffing a meaningful NBA minute. Or are they not the right kind of local?

I don't think local Milwaukee guys will make any difference up there. Badgers maybe but no one else.

Agreed, UW is kind of the representative sports program for all the other UW schools..."I went to UW Whitewater, but I am huge Badger fan"....Spending some time in the Oshkosh area, everyone was a Badger fan, so if you think local players will get people to the games, they got the right guy in Koening.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,190

Post#23 » by skones » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:10 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
feldm093 wrote:
Any worries about players not gelling under the direction of a 26 year-old?

I suppose if Lawrence Frank can go from team student manager of the Marquette team to coaching the Nets anything is possible. Although Frank's results with the Nets and Pistons weren't very good.

Dudes legitimately the EVP of Basketball Ops for LAC right now.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#24 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:24 pm

skones wrote:

Great, but how good is he at his job? He sort of lucked into that Nets job in 2004 as a bizarre confluence of events and has leveraged that into all sorts of things the last 13 years. If Broghammer is a savant like David Stearns, that's awesome. We just don't know and our front office doesn't have a track record yet on hiring any savants other than Suki Hobson.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Beorn
Sixth Man
And1: 807

Post#25 » by Beorn » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:37 pm

I have much more faith in someone rising steadily from video coordinator a la Spoelstra/Budenholzer/Vogel than in someone landing a coaching spot due to his recognizable name or playing career.

Have literally no opinion on the guy, from Wery's article it sounds to me like Kidd was too uninterested to coahc a bunch of SL games and Broghammer was the first person that walked past him in the specific moment and time :P
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,524

Post#26 » by RogerMurdock » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:49 pm

I wore Oshkosh B'Gosh overalls when I was a boy. I figure that, combined with my And1-to-post ratio and my MBA, should at least get me past the phone interview for a coaching spot.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,889

Post#27 » by Fotis St » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:17 pm

No offense for Josh Broghamer, but this is simply another demonstration of Kidd's power.

He picked him.

“I didn’t know I’d be doing this until coach (Jason Kidd) let me know just before we came out there,’’Broghamer said Monday.

While the Herd head coaching position has drawn dozens of applications, sources say Kidd, who clearly the most clout in the organization outside of the majority owners, is strongly pushing Broghamer for the job. A Bucks official recently went so far as to say Broghamer is “clearly the leading candidate.’’

Kidd doesn't want to have any competition for his job.

As for Josh's head coach skills ... c'mon he is 26 which means that if he remembers watching basketball from 9 years old, that means he is watching from year 2000 till now.

This is another pathetic Kidd's move ... Just overpay a 40-50 year old capable College Head Coach.

Prepare him as an NBA assistant. just sign Kidd's backup ... Never mind, Kidd's puppets everywhere
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,852

Post#28 » by coolhandluke121 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:53 pm

Ever been to Oshkosh?
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,190

Post#29 » by skones » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:54 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
skones wrote:

Great, but how good is he at his job? He sort of lucked into that Nets job in 2004 as a bizarre confluence of events and has leveraged that into all sorts of things the last 13 years. If Broghammer is a savant like David Stearns, that's awesome. We just don't know and our front office doesn't have a track record yet on hiring any savants other than Suki Hobson.

It was more in a "what has he done to warrant it?" context.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,662

Re: Wisconsin Herd Roster 

Post#30 » by BroncoBuck » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:09 pm

emunney wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:Most of the guys listed will go play overseas instead of going to the GLeague. The pay is substantially better.

There are a very limited amount of high paying slots for American players, and the G League has call up potential that Europe does not. A single 10 day is going to be ~ $48k this year.

The call up potential of a 10 day is going to be far lower than years past due to the new 2-way contracts and there are far more international opportunities than ever before. Even Australia has increased the pay of import players to over $100,000. The max salary in the DLeague has been $25,000.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,790

Post#31 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:25 pm

BroncoBuck wrote:The call up potential of a 10 day is going to be far lower than years past due to the new 2-way contracts

I think it's actually higher.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#32 » by Badgerlander » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:26 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

Is Wilson a FA or part of the Clippers?

Wilson is a FA and so is Caruso, although I'd imagine that they'd have some initial loyalty to their current clubs for giving them an opportunity.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,740

Post#33 » by emunney » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:13 pm

BroncoBuck wrote:
emunney wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:Most of the guys listed will go play overseas instead of going to the GLeague. The pay is substantially better.

There are a very limited amount of high paying slots for American players, and the G League has call up potential that Europe does not. A single 10 day is going to be ~ $48k this year.

The call up potential of a 10 day is going to be far lower than years past due to the new 2-way contracts and there are far more international opportunities than ever before. Even Australia has increased the pay of import players to over $100,000. The max salary in the DLeague has been $25,000.

Each team can also have 4 affiliate players on top of their 2 ways. These players can get 50k for training camp with the big club on top of their G League salaries.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#34 » by Badgerlander » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:24 pm

Read on Twitter
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#35 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:26 pm

M-C-G wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:

I don't think local Milwaukee guys will make any difference up there. Badgers maybe but no one else.

Agreed, UW is kind of the representative sports program for all the other UW schools..."I went to UW Whitewater, but I am huge Badger fan"....Spending some time in the Oshkosh area, everyone was a Badger fan, so if you think local players will get people to the games, they got the right guy in Koening.

Yeah, that's a really dumb way to use those roster spots.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,371

Post#36 » by M-C-G » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:33 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:

Yeah, that's a really dumb way to use those roster spots.

It isn't how I would use them if it was up to me.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,790

Post#37 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:37 pm

I don't think Koenig would've turned down a training camp spot and D-League assignment. Same with Moore. Who knows I guess though. Wish we had those 2-ways left.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
econniption
Rookie
And1: 1,123

Post#38 » by econniption » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:28 am

I have a feeling the Bucks are going to prioritize the Herd like they're prioritizing the SL team, which means they are going to be really, really bad and not fun to watch this year.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#39 » by DrWood » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:07 am

I want Latrell Sprewell to be the local-interest coach. Though he won't get paid enough to feed his children.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,889

Post#40 » by Fotis St » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:33 am

After Draft Day I watched some videos to find out what DJ Wilson is all about... and Michigan's coach looked and heard like a true basketball mind with experience who understands player's weaknesses and corrects them.

Can we bring him as Kidd's assistant coach or Herd's coach?

Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis

Return to Milwaukee Bucks