ImageImage

Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks & Sports Media) - Sparky postgame show back starting tomorrow

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,683

Re: Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks and Sports Media) - Duncan/Madden pod, pg 35 

Post#781 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:33 pm

Reddeye wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
el_chupacabra wrote:
I do. Three unlimited data lines, plus an Apple Watch line is running me about $70. You get a free 2nd line for the first year. It’s technically the Verizon network, so service has been good.

Holy smokes, you're sick of $55/mo DB? I pay $110. Are you on a legacy legacy legacy plan?

You pay $110 for one line? ATT does have a unlimited data $50 a month plus whatever taxes and fees are. Which is still plenty high. I would try out Spectrum, but Verizon signal is poor where I live.

$65 is their base unlimited plan, with throttled data and no hotspot. I do not get that plan. But either way, then you add your phone and all of the taxes and surcharges.

I read DB's message as $55/mo total.
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Re: Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks & Sports Media) - 10 Bucks Games to be on Local OTA Station 

Post#782 » by WiscoKing13 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:48 pm

BUCKnation wrote:A lot of prime games too, good stuff
Like games on Amazon prime or good games?

Sent from my SM-G991U using RealGM mobile app
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
Reddeye
Bench Warmer
And1: 270

Re: Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks and Sports Media) - Duncan/Madden pod, pg 35 

Post#783 » by Reddeye » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:06 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
Reddeye wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
Holy smokes, you're sick of $55/mo DB? I pay $110. Are you on a legacy legacy legacy plan?

You pay $110 for one line? ATT does have a unlimited data $50 a month plus whatever taxes and fees are. Which is still plenty high. I would try out Spectrum, but Verizon signal is poor where I live.

$65 is their base unlimited plan, with throttled data and no hotspot. I do not get that plan. But either way, then you add your phone and all of the taxes and surcharges.

Click on more plans in this link. I see it is actually $50.99 a month plus fees. You have to have a phone. This plan doesn't include you being able to upgrade you phone at a discount every few years like the other unlimited plans.

https://www.att.com/plans/wireless/
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,683

Post#784 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:21 am

Reddeye wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
Reddeye wrote:

Click on more plans in this link. I see it is actually $50.99 a month plus fees. You have to have a phone. This plan doesn't include you being able to upgrade you phone at a discount every few years like the other unlimited plans.

https://www.att.com/plans/wireless/

Doesn't meet my usage needs but appreciate the call-out.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Re: Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks and Sports Media) - Bucks (and Brewers) May Soon be Available on Amazon 

Post#785 » by trwi7 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:24 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Last year the Suns took over broadcast from Bally's and all of their games are OTA on a local channel as well as available to stream via the Suns app. Looks like the Bucks are dipping their toe into the same pool.

Read on Twitter

Hopefully it's in HD because WMLW is ****. Their HD looks exactly the same as standard definition.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,506

Re: Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks and Sports Media) - Bucks (and Brewers) May Soon be Available on Amazon 

Post#786 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:26 am

trwi7 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Last year the Suns took over broadcast from Bally's and all of their games are OTA on a local channel as well as available to stream via the Suns app. Looks like the Bucks are dipping their toe into the same pool.

Read on Twitter

Hopefully it's in HD because WMLW is ****. Their HD looks exactly the same as standard definition.

Their Brewers broadcasts were sooooooo bad.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Post#787 » by trwi7 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:28 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Their Brewers broadcasts were sooooooo bad.

Like it's not quite that bad now but that's just because technology in the last 15 years has gotten better. Just turn it on now in HD and SD. They look exactly the same.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
PANDEMONEUM
Analyst
And1: 403

Re: Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks & Sports Media) - 10 Bucks Games to be on Local OTA Station 

Post#788 » by PANDEMONEUM » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:40 am

I moved this to the FiServ thread.D
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,074

Post#789 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Feb 9, 2024 9:41 pm

Holy crap. The Bucks are going OTA outside of Milwaukee, including up here in EC.

EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WEAU) - The Milwaukee Bucks return to free, broadcast television, giving fans a chance to tune into WEAU to watch premier Bucks games.

This innovative “Fan-tastic TV” affiliates deal includes a network of television stations that will air the games across Wisconsin and regions of Iowa and Illinois.

MILWAUKEE BUCKS “FAN-TASTIC TV” SCHEDULE
All times listed in CT. Pre-game show starts 30 minutes before game.

Friday, Feb. 23 at 9 p.m. at Minnesota Timberwolves on WEAU 13.1
Friday, March 1 at 9 p.m. at Chicago Bulls on CW 14.1
Monday March 4 at 7 p.m. vs. Los Angeles Clippers on CW 14.1
Friday March 8 at 9 p.m. at Los Angeles Lakers on WEAU 13.1
Wednesday, March 20 at 6:30 p.m. at Boston Celtics on CW 14.1
Thursday, March 28 at 7 p.m. at New Orleans Pelicans on CW 14.1
Wednesday, April 3 at 6:30 p.m. vs. Memphis Grizzlies on CW 14.1
Friday, April 5 at 7 p.m. vs. Toronto Raptors on WEAU 13.1
Wednesday, April 10 at 7 p.m. vs. Orlando Magic on CW 14.1
Friday, April 12 at 7 p.m. vs. Oklahoma City Thunder on WEAU 13.1

The Bucks TV broadcast team of Lisa Byington, Marques Johnson and Steve Novak will be on the call for the 10 games, with Melanie Ricks reporting from the sidelines. Games include a 30-minute pre-game and post-game show when network schedules allow.

“We’re thrilled to reach Bucks fans on broadcast television stations,” said Peter Feigin, President of the Bucks and Fiserv Forum. “Over-the-air is an easy and affordable way for Bucks fans to watch our games and we’re excited to work with a fan-first team of broadcasters, led by Weigel along with Gray, Morgan Murphy and TEGNA to make them widely available.”

The games were initially part of a distribution agreement between the NBA and Bally Sports Wisconsin’s parent company, Diamond Sports Group.

“We are thrilled to offer the Bucks fans in Green Bay, Eau Claire, La Crosse, Wausau, and nearby areas the chance to watch these ten games for free. This is a fantastic opportunity for Gray stations WBAY/WBAY 365 in Green Bay, WYOW/WSAW in Wausau and WEAU/WECX in Eau Claire-La Crosse to provide complete access to these Bucks games, regardless of how you watch TV,” said Matt Moran, Senior Managing Vice-President for Gray Television.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,671

Post#790 » by StickeeFingaz » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:24 pm

Listened to Marques’s first episode of his Bucks podcast “The Hear District” and it was very good, definitely the best Bucks pod out there.
#FreeChuckDiesel
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 888

Post#791 » by pifhluk23 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:47 pm

Cancelled Bally's since they don't even have half the remaining games. If you include the games where they didn't have service I think they probably only had 50-55 games this year.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#792 » by mlloyd10 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:34 pm

Last Friday's game for me was on CBS
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,079

Post#793 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:08 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:Cancelled Bally's since they don't even have half the remaining games. If you include the games where they didn't have service I think they probably only had 50-55 games this year.

Is Bally's not also showing the games on OTA?
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,682

Post#794 » by Matches Malone » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:40 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:Listened to Marques’s first episode of his Bucks podcast “The Hear District” and it was very good, definitely the best Bucks pod out there.

Glad we're getting some good Bucks content back. With LOB falling off a cliff and gyro step just kinda there... we needed some new juice.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#795 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:44 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:Last Friday's game for me was on CBS

CBS in Milwaukee (channel 58) owns WMLW (channel 41) so they also broadcast that game. It was a one time thing. Only WMLW will be showing the remaining OTA games.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#796 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:45 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:Listened to Marques’s first episode of his Bucks podcast “The Hear District” and it was very good, definitely the best Bucks pod out there.

Glad we're getting some good Bucks content back. With LOB falling off a cliff and gyro step just kinda there... we needed some new juice.

How often is Marques doing the podcast?
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 888

Post#797 » by pifhluk23 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:02 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
pifhluk23 wrote:Cancelled Bally's since they don't even have half the remaining games. If you include the games where they didn't have service I think they probably only had 50-55 games this year.

They didn't show the last one and they aren't listed as showing any of the remaining OTA games.
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,000

Post#798 » by Ryan5UW » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:08 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

They didn't show the last one and they aren't listed as showing any of the remaining OTA games.

Oh but don't you worry... Lisa is still calling those games
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,671

Post#799 » by StickeeFingaz » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:10 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

How often is Marques doing the podcast?

Weekly, I think.
#FreeChuckDiesel
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,079

Post#800 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 5:52 am

Sparky is back with his postgame show after every game. Starts tomorrow night after the Clippers game.

He started this show back in fall of 2006 I believe. Was a great show, but then at some point 4-5 years ago, his schedule wouldn’t allow him to do it, so it went down the drain with other hosts. He brought it back during the 2021 Finals.

Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=9rpMwNqOSwMJrvAAN06wgA
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25

Return to Milwaukee Bucks