Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Re: FISERV Forum Thread 

Post#1021 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:23 pm

PhoenixMilwauke wrote:
bigdog13 wrote:Mine went from $4000 to $6122

I called they told me that I have until Feb 15th to renew or my tickets will get put back in the pool for others to buy. They said if i wanted to relocate i should renew and then I would have that option during the relocation event but they would give me any pricing options for other locations

So basically you have to make the decision by Feb 15th.

Every year these price increases it getting out of control this is my 24th year and all i feel is they are try to push me out. I relocated this season after they increase my tickets by 50 %. I was able to stay in lower level for $4000 for the pair and those were cheapest in the lower level. So now what if i move I am sure i would have to go upstairs. Then what i get a decent deal and they jack those up for the following season. Again in 23 years both buildings i have moved 2 times. Now what i will have to move every year if i want to stay? Thats ridiculous and a slap in the face

I had a different experience. My rep sent me an "opt out" form to fill out - They ask for name etc. and the reasons why you are opting out. When my rep talked to me, he didn't try to sell me on staying on.

Had same experience. There was no sell job to stay onboard and asked to fill same survey. I do see I now got an (possibly automated) email asking what can do to renew, find plan that fits budget, etc.

Also saw player event and executive QA is 2/26. Super vague on what it is though.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,073

Post#1022 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:38 pm

Read on Twitter
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,502

Post#1023 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:55 pm

It's been since 1977, we're due.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1024 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:10 pm

ASG should never be anywhere but some place like Vegas.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1025 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:21 pm

Disagree. Players get plenty of chances to party. Home market cities should get the benefit of the ASG.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,957

Post#1026 » by BUCKnation » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:39 pm

Finally, we should have been first in line, especially with a relevant team.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,682

Post#1027 » by Matches Malone » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:14 am

I love how all the comments surrounding this are bashing Milwaukee for even attempting to get the all-star game. No love for small markets in the NBA. If fans and media had their way, you'd have like 10 major cities with teams and that's it. Despise how they cover this league.

/rant
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
soboMP3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,281

Post#1028 » by soboMP3 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:13 am

If the thing can be in Indy this year it can easily be in Milwaukee. Indy is the most generic, soul-less city I’ve been to in my traveling to MLB and NBA cities. Milwaukee has 10x the culture. Milwaukee deserves it while Fiserv is new. Especially after proving it can host the DNC and RNC.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#1029 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:05 pm

soboMP3 wrote:If the thing can be in Indy this year it can easily be in Milwaukee. Indy is the most generic, soul-less city I’ve been to in my traveling to MLB and NBA cities. Milwaukee has 10x the culture. Milwaukee deserves it while Fiserv is new. Especially after proving it can host the DNC and RNC.

On the surface I don’t disagree as I never really think of Indianapolis as a potential fun city, but the few times I was downtown it seemed like a decent city. Admittedly it has been awhile. I think part of it though is its like 1-2 hours of farm fields and boom a major city not on any waterway. But its quite a bit larger than MKE. I also heard they nailed Super Bowl week when they had it 10+ years ago. I haven’t heard much on the ASG and how it went.

And lets be honest, MKE downtown can get pretty quiet at night, arent alot of skywalks in winter months, etc. People coming into town likely aren’t venturing to random unique neighborhoods amongst the city. So as much as some of us love it, to outsiders its just not an appealing visit…especially in February.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,957

Post#1030 » by BUCKnation » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:34 pm

Indy is almost set up specifically for these big events. It's pretty quiet in general, but very well laid out for events like the final 4, the combine, big ten championship, etc. It doesn't have the obvious fluff of Vegas or even a Miami for example, but the convenience is so much higher for anyone coming in.

Milwaukee is definitely nicer to look at with the river and lake, even from a non-biased view.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,031

Post#1031 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:58 pm

Yeah, I don't get the Indy hate or comparison. It has been set-up and has performed well for major sporting events. MKE has a shortage of hotels and is still a little disconnected with its venues, especially in February.

Also, I think the if "x" city can host Milwaukee can host is not looking at the recent locations/realize there are 30+ possible locations. Like even I'm getting bored with midwestern or smaller cities, and I'm from Milwaukee. Indy, SLC, Cleveland, Chicago, and Charlotte in five of the last six years. Not really the hottest markets for players in the winter. I think they need to switch it up a bit. Like sure Milwaukee COULD host, but you are also competing against sites that never had it (Portland, Sac, Memphis and OKC), cities with relatively new stadiums (Sac again, Brooklyn, Detroit), cities with new stadiums coming up in the next decade (LA, DC, OKC, Philly), cities without a team where you either will put an expansion franchise or want to build a market (Seattle, LV, San Diego, Vancouver, Montreal, CDMX, any European cities), and cities in fun/warm locations that would go 15 years without an all star game (Miami, Dallas, Phoenix, Orlando, Houston, San Antonio - god I love my Baker jersey from that year). I think I could make a case for a dozen cities being in line in front of Milwaukee.

Like would Milwaukee put on a quality all-star game? Sure. Do I think they get screwed if they don't get one? Not really. Its a numbers game and they had some bad luck on when the stadium came out. SF and LA having shiny new stadiums trumped them, Indy probably had a better bid this year, and then a bunch of other mid-west cities competing against us.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1032 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:44 pm

Read on Twitter

1. 7,250 hotel rooms and a minimum of three five-star hotels.

2. Convention center of 650,000 square feet of exhibition space.

3. 75 nonstop domestic flights and at least 20 international flights.

So, does Milwaukee meet these requirements?
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 998

Post#1033 » by Ryan5UW » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:50 pm

Might be the airport that doesn't. (Does that mean cities served, or flights/day?)

ETA: that might admittedly be an ignorant question, I haven't flown out of MKE in years.
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1034 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:06 pm

Quick search shows about 80 non stop flights into MKE, including 9-10 daily from ORD. Not sure about international. Probably not many.

The convention center is currently being expanding, doubling in size, but still well short of 650K feet.

There are enough hotel rooms but other than the Pfister I'm not sure what constitutes 5 stars.

**** you Silver
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1035 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:37 pm

Honestly what Silver just did is really pretty hilarious.
soboMP3
Sixth Man

Post#1036 » by soboMP3 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:44 pm

I think once Giannis is done here, that'll be the end of me watching the NBA. Its become a pretty terrible product.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,335

Post#1037 » by crkone » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:45 pm

The ruthlessness of it all.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
soboMP3
Sixth Man

Post#1038 » by soboMP3 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:48 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Quick search shows about 80 non stop flights into MKE, including 9-10 daily from ORD. Not sure about international. Probably not many.

The convention center is currently being expanding, doubling in size, but still well short of 650K feet.

There are enough hotel rooms but other than the Pfister I'm not sure what constitutes 5 stars.

**** you Silver

1.3million sqft...

https://bairdcenter.com/
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1039 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:51 pm

soboMP3 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Quick search shows about 80 non stop flights into MKE, including 9-10 daily from ORD. Not sure about international. Probably not many.

**** you Silver

1.3million sqft...

https://bairdcenter.com/

Thanks. I misread.
soboMP3
Sixth Man

Post#1040 » by soboMP3 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:52 pm

Although that's total size, not convention space size. Looks like convention space size is going from ~120ksqft to ~240ksqft... well short of 650ksqft.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks