ImageImage

FISERV Forum Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,677

Re: FISERV Forum Thread 

Post#1041 » by chonestown » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:31 pm

As long as it doesn't go to Chicago (a whore).
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,001

Post#1042 » by Ryan5UW » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:49 pm

The timing couldn't be any more hilarious and ridiculous.
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,031

Post#1043 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:04 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

1. 7,250 hotel rooms and a minimum of three five-star hotels.

2. Convention center of 650,000 square feet of exhibition space.

3. 75 nonstop domestic flights and at least 20 international flights.

So, does Milwaukee meet these requirements?

Minimum # of hotels, Convention center space and flights. I went to the Atlanta one in the past and there is a lot of stuff going on with all the sponsors...and that was 20 years ago.

Hotels you need people to be able stay near the arena. The 5-star hotel is kind of dumb and comes off elitist.

Flights are similar but I would hope that it is airport within 90 minutes. Depending on traffic you might be able to get to Fiserv from ORD quicker than LAX to Staples depending on traffic. It's also relatively central and in....well....central timezone.

Also, are we even sure these are new rules? The tweet said updated but the article said they have changed since Indy applied in 2017?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,509

Post#1044 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:17 pm

The article said these are "updated requirements" but it's unclear to me when they were updated. It would be weird if the Bucks bid on the game and then the next week there are changes made.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,342

Post#1045 » by HKPackFan » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:28 am

MickeyDavis wrote:The article said these are "updated requirements" but it's unclear to me when they were updated. It would be weird if the Bucks bid on the game and then the next week there are changes made.

That would be seriously **** up, and so much for billionaires with a B having clout to not be **** over by Silver.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,683

Post#1046 » by Matches Malone » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:15 am

The year is 2036, Adam Silver successfully pairs down the NBA into 10 big market franchises and folds the rest of the teams up. Why? Because F**k you, that's why!
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,509

Post#1047 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:24 pm

Feigen said the Bucks have applied for an exception, so we'll see how that goes.

When FiServ opened Silver said this.

"It's very likely to happen at some point. I can't put a specific year on it, but we make a point of coming to new arenas. So, obviously, there's other cities that are competing for all-stars. Some of them got in line before Fiserv Forum, but there's no question we will be here with an all-star game."
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MoneyInDaBank07
Junior
And1: 210

Post#1048 » by MoneyInDaBank07 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:30 pm

Sounds like 2027 ASG is going to Phoenix...
"I love Sam Cassell. He's a great guy, but he does look like E.T." - Charles Barkley
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#1049 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:59 pm

soboMP3 wrote:I think once Giannis is done here, that'll be the end of me watching the NBA. Its become a pretty terrible product.

I agree. I find myself watching less and less NBA each year. I got League Pass for free and rately watch it. I’m not as geeked going to games as I once was and giving up season tickets going forward. If I get to a few games a year, I’m good. Actually find myself more into NHL and MLB, which I know have their own issues too. But I just feel very disconnected from the NBA compared to 5-10 years back.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,379

Post#1050 » by M-C-G » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:05 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:
soboMP3 wrote:I think once Giannis is done here, that'll be the end of me watching the NBA. Its become a pretty terrible product.

I agree. I find myself watching less and less NBA each year.

I’m not as geeked going to games as I once was and giving up season tickets going forward.

Gave up the season tickets a few years back and don't really miss it. Finally broke down and got Bally's and still hardly catch many games (plus the app is total crap).

Got some free tickets to the Marquette game, so the wife and I took our two young kids to their first game. 1 beer, 1 seltzer, 2 waters, 1 pretzel, 1 pretzel bites, box of popcorn. $70.

This is insane. It is going to prevent parents from taking their kids, which is going create a void in the next generation of fans. My desire to attend the games live is almost gone at this point. Had I had to pay for the tickets, pay for parking (I think the lot I saw was asking for $60) and had a second round of drinks or food, it would have cost us like $300. Nope, I'm out.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1051 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:12 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:

I agree. I find myself watching less and less NBA each year.

I’m not as geeked going to games as I once was and giving up season tickets going forward.

Gave up the season tickets a few years back and don't really miss it. Finally broke down and got Bally's and still hardly catch many games (plus the app is total crap).

Got some free tickets to the Marquette game, so the wife and I took our two young kids to their first game. 1 beer, 1 seltzer, 2 waters, 1 pretzel, 1 pretzel bites, box of popcorn. $70.

This is insane. It is going to prevent parents from taking their kids, which is going create a void in the next generation of fans. My desire to attend the games live is almost gone at this point. Had I had to pay for the tickets, pay for parking (I think the lot I saw was asking for $60) and had a second round of drinks or food, it would have cost us like $300. Nope, I'm out.

Yeah it is getting pretty rough. The parking lot I park at was $55 for the Bucks/Celtics game. Concessions are getting out of control. We try to eat beforehand but it is tough to be cold turkey the entire 4-5 hours afterwards for kids.

I’m actually glad to be done with tickets too. They could come back to me with half the price and honestly think I’d still decline. Just over it.

Sure I’m part spoiled but feel the luster of regular season is over. It cruise control for a good portion of it, especially at 82 games.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,499

Post#1052 » by old skool » Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:32 am

Indianapolis is better suited to host a major sports event than Milwaukee.

It already hosts more than its share of events, and has the hotels, convention space and hospitality to support large scale national gatherings. The Indiana state capitol, 60,000 seat Lucas Oil Stadium and the NCAA headquarters are all located in the downtown. The Indy 500 is an international event that draws hundreds of thousands of fans every year.

I enjoy Milwaukee, but Indianapolis has a much bigger downtown with more capacity to host an ASG, imo.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,956

Post#1053 » by soxperry » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:28 pm

If anyone has lower bowl seats that are in the 160-220 per seat per game price range, would you please drop me a dm? Im thinking about plowing out some overtime and going for it, but id like to ask some questions about resale.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1054 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:55 pm

Anybody go to the Q&A and Meet Players event last night? I did not go. Q&A felt would be softball questions and no player list was announced. Just felt it had the makeup to be a cluster.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,031

Post#1055 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:36 pm

soxperry wrote:If anyone has lower bowl seats that are in the 160-220 per seat per game price range, would you please drop me a dm? Im thinking about plowing out some overtime and going for it, but id like to ask some questions about resale.

I'm in the $100 range, but some notes:
1. Day of game usually matter more than the opponent (with maybe the exception of Lebron/GSW); holidays are also really huge.
2. Resale is usually better in March when it is nicer but before people hold off for the playoffs.
3. Packers being relevant and possibly playing into January lessens demand
4. I highly recommend trying to find a buddy to take 1/4 or 1/2 at cost and find a fair way to split (draft, tiers, etc). It lessens the number of games you need to sell and really makes it easy to make swaps without losing value as your schedule change. If you are thinking "I dont want to sell half at cost because I want to sell those for profit" IMHO I think that is a bad idea. There are going to be games you lose money, games you go to you wouldn't have because you can't sell, or spend hours each game listing on TM (Takes a big piece), Facebook (Some fraud concerns), etc. Then you have to wonder if you are going to have to record all sales as part of taxes (and those gains cant be offset from the game in January on a Tuesday with list price of $200 so you decide to go because you would only get $40) under proposed rule changes.

If i were you, I would spend the next month checking TM for games in the area you want to get a good idea.
DMBucks22
Veteran
And1: 81

Post#1056 » by DMBucks22 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:59 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:Anybody go to the Q&A and Meet Players event last night? I did not go. Q&A felt would be softball questions and no player list was announced. Just felt it had the makeup to be a cluster.

I went and overall it was decent. At least is was better ran this time than previous events. Doors opened at 4:45. My group of 3 arrived at 5 and walked right in. No waiting this time. Received a lanyard and coupon for a boxed dinner. The boxed dinner options were: salad, hot dog, hamburger, cheeseburger, boxes came with chips and a can of soda/water.

The Q&A started at 6 and was done by Melanie Ricks. 3 speakers: Peter Feigin, Ryan Hoover from scouting and I'm drawing a blank on the 3rd guy but he worked under hammond and now horst.

On the lanyard there was a QR code to scan to find where players would be.

• LOCATION 1: Malik Beasley / Main Concourse / Outside sections 119-120
• LOCATION 2: Andre Jackson Jr. / Main Concourse / Outside sections 111-112
• LOCATION 3: TyTy Washington Jr. & Chris Livingston / Suite Level / Outside West Bend Lofts (above sections 102-103)
• LOCATION 4: AJ Green / Suite Level / Outside Northwestern Club Lounges (above sections 112-114)
• LOCATION 5: Danilo Gallinari / Upper Concourse / Outside sections 219-220
• LOCATION 6: Thanasis Antetokounmpo / Upper Concourse / Outside sections 206-207
• LOCATION 7: Sidney Dobner & Vin Baker / Upper Concourse / Potawatomi Club

We started with THANASTY knowing he would have the longest line. We were 2nd in line and then went straight to Beasley, after Beasley we got in AJJ line, then we buzzed up to Chris livingston ( No TyTy sighting there). After Livingston we went to AJ greens, while we waited in Greens line we took turns and ran up to Gallinari who had ZERO line. Then met Aj Green. at this point it was only 8:13 so we still had time to go get Dobner(BIG YAWN) and Vin Baker but by the time we got up there they were shutting down stations early.

We got 6 of the 7 stations completed and felt VERY GOOD about that. Lines moved pretty quick for how long they were. Longest was Thanasis, then Beasley, then Green, then AJJ, then Livingston and no line at Gallinari. I got pictures with everyone and a few autographs.

They handed out coupons to the first 150 in each line to guarantee interaction with said player incase lines moved slow. It did not seem there was as many people there compared to legends night where all lines were much longer. We only anticipated getting 2 players at first but kept it rolling which was great!

My highlight of the night... someone asked a question about the All Star game and how Milwaukee keeps getting skipped and how the NBA has new guidelines.... "Peters response....... new guidelines are "croc of ****" crowd cheered
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1057 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:33 pm

soxperry wrote:If anyone has lower bowl seats that are in the 160-220 per seat per game price range, would you please drop me a dm? Im thinking about plowing out some overtime and going for it, but id like to ask some questions about resale.

I have uppers but agree with MartyConlon on his notes. There are usually a few cash cow games that you need to debate if you want to attend or sell to make up for games you will lose on. LeBron and Curry are always safe high dollar games but they’re nearing the end too. Boston was a good one this year. But for every good seller you have 3 **** games vs Detroit, Charlotte, Washington’s.

I think there is higher risk in the lower level. I feel like on the secondary market the baseline lowers always have value and always think the season holder has to be losing out.

Early season interest is usually low. The week night late October/November games are a real tough sell. Once the Packers season is done, it does help. April is tough if the team is locked into the playoffs.

Friday/Saturday/Sunday afternoon games usually sell well. They seem to have a fair chunk of Sunday night games recently and those are like a week night game value wise.

I do think the tax thing is in play for 2024. That will suck as don’t believe can subtract losses. It just counts profit. Also the team does apparently monitor sales via Ticketmaster and limited to 1/3 of the entire season. I used TickPick more this year and worked well. Facebook sites were fine but the market there has gotten pretty watered down for the seller imo.

Also have a plan for how benefits are handled. I believe some of the perks were per “account” not tickets in package. So you’re buddies and you may have to figure out who gets what.

I honestly would not recommend season tickets. Outside a few games I think there is much better value on the secondary sites especially with them increasing again. I stuck around for playoffs but the first few rounds are starting to lose their luster with the team success and its kind of a financial risk to hang on year in and year out to hope to save a few hundred/game on Finals tickets. I did okay this year but only because they dropped my rate for this season AND the Lillard trade made people buy. Half the games I sold were the week or 2 after the trade.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,956

Post#1058 » by soxperry » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:38 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:

I have uppers but agree with MartyConlon on his notes. There are usually a few cash cow games that you need to debate if you want to attend or sell to make up for games you will lose on. LeBron and Curry are always safe high dollar games but they’re nearing the end too. Boston was a good one this year. But for every good seller you have 3 **** games vs Detroit, Charlotte, Washington’s.

I think there is higher risk in the lower level. I feel like on the secondary market the baseline lowers always have value and always think the season holder has to be losing out.

Early season interest is usually low. The week night late October/November games are a real tough sell. Once the Packers season is done, it does help. April is tough if the team is locked into the playoffs.

Friday/Saturday/Sunday afternoon games usually sell well. They seem to have a fair chunk of Sunday night games recently and those are like a week night game value wise.

I do think the tax thing is in play for 2024. That will suck as don’t believe can subtract losses. It just counts profit. Also the team does apparently monitor sales via Ticketmaster and limited to 1/3 of the entire season. I used TickPick more this year and worked well. Facebook sites were fine but the market there has gotten pretty watered down for the seller imo.

Also have a plan for how benefits are handled. I believe some of the perks were per “account” not tickets in package. So you’re buddies and you may have to figure out who gets what.

I honestly would not recommend season tickets. Outside a few games I think there is much better value on the secondary sites especially with them increasing again. I stuck around for playoffs but the first few rounds are starting to lose their luster with the team success and its kind of a financial risk to hang on year in and year out to hope to save a few hundred/game on Finals tickets. I did okay this year but only because they dropped my rate for this season AND the Lillard trade made people buy. Half the games I sold were the week or 2 after the trade.

Oh, i should have specified: i have had season tix for three years now. Im just thinking of making the jump to the lower sideline and I'm wondering if people are losing on them as much as i think they might be. Ticketmaster prices are actually pretty much in line with the uppers, relatively speaking, but this is Milwaukee. I just dont know if i believe there are that many people paying 200 bucks per seat on a routine basis.

Still, the thought of being up close for next year's playoffs is exciting.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1059 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:23 pm

soxperry wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:

Oh, i should have specified: i have had season tix for three years now. Im just thinking of making the jump to the lower sideline and I'm wondering if people are losing on them as much as i think they might be. Ticketmaster prices are actually pretty much in line with the uppers, relatively speaking, but this is Milwaukee. I just dont know if i believe there are that many people paying 200 bucks per seat on a routine basis.

Still, the thought of being up close for next year's playoffs is exciting.

I may be wrong but I think you would struggle to get $200/ticket consistently unless the seats are near the bench or maybe dead center court. Weekend and high profile games, you will be fine. But for the games like last night (week night/meh opponent), doubtful. I saw a set of 4 for last night, section 104/row 4 for $70/ticket on FB marketplace. And I just feel there aren’t enough good games to offset the not so popular teams.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1060 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Mar 5, 2024 4:08 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
BUCKnation wrote:Couldn't remember if there were meters but anytime I went it was after hours anyways.

Right. The meters expired at 6 so there was no problem. Extending them to 9 would be a problem. Interesting they passed it but haven't made the change yet.

I parked at a meter last night on Eighth St off Juneau and was still expiring at 6pm which is nice. We got down there about 3 hours from tipoff so was a decent amount of meter spots open. Juneau Ave was pretty full though. But yeah, hopefully they keep the 6pm for a while.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks