ImageImage

FISERV Forum Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,119

Re: FISERV Forum Thread 

Post#1001 » by LittleRooster » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:49 pm

GBPackers47 wrote:I opted out of renewal too. My seats went up 21%, but the overall price still seems fair (lower bowl, Bucks side).

I'm sure I'm going to be a minority in this view, but I told my rep that the games just aren't that fun if you are there to watch the actual basketball. If you are there just for the excitement and energy, it's fun.

The need to throw out a t-shirt EVERY time the Bucks hit a 3-pointer and have fully grown men jump around, spilling beer for a sleeping shirt with a bank sponsorship is too much.

I agree. I went to the new years game and, I’m going to sound so old, but I found all the “entertainment” way too over the top. I just wanted to watch basketball.

I cannot believe they do that stupid t shirt toss after every 3-pointer in the middle of the game (I realize this has been going on for a few years), but it’s beyond annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,115

Post#1002 » by MissKhriddleton » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:57 pm

Whoever gives the ok on the tshirt thing should be fired immediately. I haven’t seen a close game this season, but can’t imagine what it’s like seeing Dame hit a 3 to take the lead with a minute left and some asshat running around trying to get the crowds attention for an XXL shirt DURING GAME ACTION.

Would love it if they dimmed the lights in the crowd and highlighted the court.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,031

Post#1003 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:30 pm

Would be pretty easy to implement but have an actual decibel reader under the opponents basketball. Have the a display showing noise level when one defense. Have some kind key position alert and if we hit a certain noise level and get a stop, drop the shirts at the next break. Idk anything but what they are doing now
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,501

Post#1004 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:52 am

This sounds awesome

PANDEMONEUM wrote:Some season ticket holder event at Fiserve tonight.
Had a mini Q&A with
Moncrief, Fred Robert's, Jennings, Desmond, Novak, Paschke, Scott Williams, Mcglocklin

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
PANDEMONEUM
Analyst
And1: 403

Post#1005 » by PANDEMONEUM » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:55 am

MickeyDavis wrote:This sounds awesome

PANDEMONEUM wrote:Some season ticket holder event at Fiserve tonight.
Had a mini Q&A with
Moncrief, Fred Robert's, Jennings, Desmond, Novak, Paschke, Scott Williams, Mcglocklin

Was parts good and parts cringe

Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#1006 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:41 am

DMBucks22 wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:Has any STH gotten any additional information on the Alumni event on Sunday? I don’t even know what time it is, let alone details on who will be there.

Edit: I stand corrected, it did have 6-9pm listed.

I know there was some alumni at the game last night. Anyone know who was there or hear anything? Wondering if it's worth bothering bringing an item to be signed.

Sidney Moncrief, Fred Roberts, and Scott Williams were there last night

I ended up skipping it. I just feared I was going to drive almost 2 hours to stand in long ass lines. The list I saw leaked seemed like the usual suspects going to be there where some I have met before. The free throw was appealing for my som but figured that be long line…. Anybody go?
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,499

Post#1007 » by old skool » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:11 am

MissKhriddleton wrote:Whoever gives the ok on the tshirt thing should be fired immediately. I haven’t seen a close game this season, but can’t imagine what it’s like seeing Dame hit a 3 to take the lead with a minute left and some asshat running around trying to get the crowds attention for an XXL shirt DURING GAME ACTION.

Would love it if they dimmed the lights in the crowd and highlighted the court.

The t-short promo is worse than that.

The Bucks score a 3, and while the opponent is bringing the ball up on offense, the crowd is going crazy for t-shirts. "Who wants a t-shirt from Gruber Law?".

Much of the crowd is watching the video screen, not the action on the court.
DMBucks22
Veteran
And1: 81

Post#1008 » by DMBucks22 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:42 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:
DMBucks22 wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:I know there was some alumni at the game last night. Anyone know who was there or hear anything? Wondering if it's worth bothering bringing an item to be signed.

I ended up skipping it. I just feared I was going to drive almost 2 hours to stand in long ass lines. The list I saw leaked seemed like the usual suspects going to be there where some I have met before. The free throw was appealing for my som but figured that be long line…. Anybody go?

I went. Parts were good and parts were bad.

First the bad... Bucks had "printing issues" so the line to get in went extremely slow as they were handing out ticket vouchers as you walked in and couldn't keep up. Multiple times we just had to wait outside security before they would let people start coming through again.( you think they would have printed vouchers before the night of but thats the bucks for you"

since that delayed everyone getting in the lines for food were quite long as well but moved okay for how long they were. Since everyone getting in was delayed they started the Q and A late. which in turn made them start the meet and greets late.

Bucks totally fumbled the ball on the Brandon jennings line. We were 8th in line and went to the section they told us to line up in and then the staff just let everyone cut in that was already in the seating bowl. People were pissed. It should have taken us 10 minutes to meet BJ but ended up taking 45. And of course right before we got to him they said no more autographs pictures only. Also during that time they took the balls away that were being used to shoot on the court. So there was no free throw shooting or anything. In fact if you even stepped on the court out of line they tried to get you back in line. After we got a picture with BJ on the court we decided to go to Des Mason to try and get one more player before the event ended. We hopped in his line and were lucky to get him with a few minutes to go before 9. The picture with mason is cool, they had a green screen and the Bucks printed it out on a type of sports card looking thing. Nice touch there. They also stopped autographs for him as well. Sucks we got skipped in the BJ line otherwise prob could have met 3 players.

I give the event a D +/C-. They didn't fail it completely but botched it people bad The $10 voucher was light as a buger costs $17 so you could still pay out of pocket (luckily we got extra vouchers )

I wish I could have met Scott williams. Dude is seems very humble, nice and easy to talk to.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#1009 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:09 pm

DMBucks22 wrote:I give the event a D +/C-. They didn't fail it completely but botched it people bad The $10 voucher was light as a buger costs $17 so you could still pay out of pocket (luckily we got extra vouchers )

I wish I could have met Scott williams. Dude is seems very humble, nice and easy to talk to.

I didn't end up going since I was traveling all week and lack of clarity on who was going to be there didn't motivate me (was expecting Novak, Moncrief edwards, and other random guys who were at the game the night before). Felt really guilty visualizing no one showed up. Glad for the players sake, it appeared to be the opposite.

It's weird to me they even bother with concessions (like just give free fountain soda and popcorn) but maybe they figure they can break even/turn a profit on these. (Was shocked how many people at the Christmas stadium event were sitting at the bar paying stadium prices for beer/cocktails).
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1010 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:12 pm

DMBucks22 wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:
DMBucks22 wrote:

I went. Parts were good and parts were bad.

First the bad... Bucks had "printing issues" so the line to get in went extremely slow as they were handing out ticket vouchers as you walked in and couldn't keep up. Multiple times we just had to wait outside security before they would let people start coming through again.( you think they would have printed vouchers before the night of but thats the bucks for you"

since that delayed everyone getting in the lines for food were quite long as well but moved okay for how long they were. Since everyone getting in was delayed they started the Q and A late. which in turn made them start the meet and greets late.

Bucks totally fumbled the ball on the Brandon jennings line. We were 8th in line and went to the section they told us to line up in and then the staff just let everyone cut in that was already in the seating bowl. People were pissed. It should have taken us 10 minutes to meet BJ but ended up taking 45. And of course right before we got to him they said no more autographs pictures only. Also during that time they took the balls away that were being used to shoot on the court. So there was no free throw shooting or anything. In fact if you even stepped on the court out of line they tried to get you back in line. After we got a picture with BJ on the court we decided to go to Des Mason to try and get one more player before the event ended. We hopped in his line and were lucky to get him with a few minutes to go before 9. The picture with mason is cool, they had a green screen and the Bucks printed it out on a type of sports card looking thing. Nice touch there. They also stopped autographs for him as well. Sucks we got skipped in the BJ line otherwise prob could have met 3 players.

I give the event a D +/C-. They didn't fail it completely but botched it people bad The $10 voucher was light as a buger costs $17 so you could still pay out of pocket (luckily we got extra vouchers )

Honestly kind of validated my reasoning for not going. Glitches, long lines, and not getting to do what was advertised. The no free throw would have been upsetting since was going to bring my son to get that experience.

I saw the list kinda leaked plus the guys at the game too. I’ve met McGlocklin a few times, BJ3 I saw 2 years ago. Desmond Mason and Scott Williams would have been fun for me personally. The card thing seemed cool. But I would’ve been more inclined too if like my guy Big Dog was there and maybe more Big 3 era. I think I saw Moncrief, Fred Roberts, and then Paschke/Novak also there.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1011 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:17 pm

GBPackers47 wrote:I opted out of renewal too. My seats went up 21%, but the overall price still seems fair (lower bowl, Bucks side).

I'm sure I'm going to be a minority in this view, but I told my rep that the games just aren't that fun if you are there to watch the actual basketball. If you are there just for the excitement and energy, it's fun.

The need to throw out a t-shirt EVERY time the Bucks hit a 3-pointer and have fully grown men jump around, spilling beer for a sleeping shirt with a bank sponsorship is too much.

Submitted opt out too. I haven’t heard back in the last week on it though.

Some of the enjoyment has been sucked out. Sick of the hustle selling, I can find cheaper tickets on the 3rd market most games, STH events are short notice/have issues and pain for me to get to. There is no value imo outside of Conference Finals and Finals tickets. And even that, who knows. It’s likely not going to have the exact same fever as 2021 and people are still dealing with inflation so the disposable income isn’t everywhere for game tickets.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#1012 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:35 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:

Some of the enjoyment has been sucked out. Sick of the hustle selling, I can find cheaper tickets on the 3rd market most games, STH events are short notice/have issues and pain for me to get to. There is no value imo outside of Conference Finals and Finals tickets. And even that, who knows. It’s likely not going to have the exact same fever as 2021 and people are still dealing with inflation so the disposable income isn’t everywhere for game tickets.

I feel the delta between the STH price and 3rd market is going to shrink a ton if we ever get back. ECF people won't care as much until Games 5-7. Finals game 1 was like $400 get in the door if I remember. I can't imagine it would be any higher this time around. I'm ok risking dropping and extra $500-1k on finals tickets if we get there instead of paying upfront by going to extra regular season games I don't need/want to go to.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1013 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:03 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:

I feel the delta between the STH price and 3rd market is going to shrink a ton if we ever get back. ECF people won't care as much until Games 5-7. Finals game 1 was like $400 get in the door if I remember. I can't imagine it would be any higher this time around. I'm ok risking dropping and extra $500-1k on finals tickets if we get there instead of paying upfront by going to extra regular season games I don't need/want to go to.

Exactly. Last year my potential playoff invoice was over $4,000. First Round is no guarantee to get money back nor are Game 1-4 of any conference series if not able to go.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1014 » by Thunder Muscle » Sat Feb 3, 2024 1:34 am

Did you have to call your rep? I’ve sent a couple opt out emails in last 2 weeks and cannot get a response. Probably will call next week if don’t hear anything.
vital_signs
Analyst
And1: 2,239

Post#1015 » by vital_signs » Sat Feb 3, 2024 1:47 am

LittleRooster wrote:

I agree. I went to the new years game and, I’m going to sound so old, but I found all the “entertainment” way too over the top. I just wanted to watch basketball.

I cannot believe they do that stupid t shirt toss after every 3-pointer in the middle of the game (I realize this has been going on for a few years), but it’s beyond annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the Bucks game at Ball Arena this Monday there was this obnoxious, way too old to being doing this, guy holding up a sign to get fans hyped up while game was in play and blocking the view. As GBP said, some people want to watch the game. I don't pay money to get hyped up, the money I'm paying says I'm hyped up.
Inadequate perception I reckon it's from the Valium
GBPackers47
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#1016 » by GBPackers47 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:17 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:

Did you have to call your rep? I’ve sent a couple opt out emails in last 2 weeks and cannot get a response. Probably will call next week if don’t hear anything.

Check if you got an email from someone other than your rep. I was passed off when I sent the initial email so the first response from them never came in the thread I started.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1017 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Feb 6, 2024 4:16 am

GBPackers47 wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:

Check if you got an email from someone other than your rep. I was passed off when I sent the initial email so the first response from them never came in the thread I started.

Did finally get a response. There was zero attempt to retain. I thought maybe get a voice mail or email asking to reconsider. Just got a friendly its being processed and to fill out an opt out survey.

I’m honestly kicking around opting out of the playoffs too once that invoice comes out. The team is sputtering, the market is going to be weak for First Round for sure, do I want to commit thousands of dollars, or just use what I planned to spend next year on a playoff game or 2 that fits my schedule. Im just not sure with the mark-up if will get that back on games can’t attend. Playoff invoice was 4K last year (all 16 games) and assume will be higher this year.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1018 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Feb 7, 2024 5:53 pm

soxperry wrote:Finally talked to my rep today.

We have until end of feb to cancel tix for next season.

She said there is no way we would lose playoff strips for this season if we cancel and called that crazy.

Hope that helps

Thanks for the info! Definitely helpful. Thought not getting playoffs was odd. Although as mentioned above I may skip playoffs especially if keep playing like **** haha.

There is also supposed to be a Players Event yet for being a season holder, right? I think thats the only thing left on my benefit list that didn’t get or happen already. I know a few years back they had an event with players at Whirlyball (i think) and heard it was kinda cool.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1019 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Feb 9, 2024 2:34 am

Wonder how the renewal rate has been with this stellar Bucks play lately…
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1020 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:35 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:
I wonder what Ticketmaster thinks about that being that they probably pay big money and teams are limiting what they can sell through them.

i dont see how they could pull your 23-24 tickets that you already paid for and other people bought. I can certainly see pulling the tickets for NEXT year and anything paid towards NEXT year becomes a credit. Otherwise I think it could be really messy for the team too.

So they would pull out tickets and give us a credit to buy more tickets? Like I guess the penalty is STH pricing but half the time they crazy reduce weekday games below STH and cash last minute on marquee games may be better since you don't know who is playing/not playing.

Yeah, it doesn’t make sense to me either. Plus if someone sells 20 games, how can they just pull the tickets back from those buyers? I don’t know, seems like something that they maybe will regret if enforce. I don’t sell a ton on Ticketmaster so I’m personally fine, but it just another annoyance as Im not making money on **** Bucks tickets, lol. Plus we’re all being taxed on this **** going forward I believe. If they crack down on transferring to friends, family, and occasional random buyers…then we’ll see.

And lets be honest, there is a small chance this thing flops and Bucks say **** it, lets recoup assets while we can. Then good luck with STH renewals.

Well maybe its wasn’t such a small chance. If this thing continues to trend like it is, is a blowup out of the question? Probably not with Giannis resigning but going to have to do something drastic possibly.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks