FISERV Forum Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ColeWorld23
Sixth Man
And1: 683

Re: FISERV Forum Thread 

Post#981 » by ColeWorld23 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:44 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
ColeWorld23 wrote:Yeah the owners are making bank off owning all the Deer District properties including The Trade hotel. They get a cut from the Marquette games played at the Fiserv as well. Not to mention the sky high food and drink menu which is a **** rip off. Seems like they pay their Bucks employees like **** too. So many excuses from ownership.

What excuses? We have a top 5(?) payroll and committed big money to Midds, Brolo and Dame this summer.

All I was saying was that fans see their ticket prices go up and think that's enough to cover X player. Like that's not how math works.

Literally what ticket reps have been saying to folks. Glad I got off the wave after last season. Half the time they had no idea what they were doing or would switch reps within the season due to turnover.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,502

Post#982 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:12 pm

I'm fine with them doing what they need to do to support a high payroll and associated taxes. Fan costs have gone up so I just go to a few less games and watch the rest on TV, no problem. We all have that choice. It's supply/demand. I'll take this over dirt cheap tickets to watch crappy teams at the crappy BC. Hopefully we can squeeze in another title or two. Down the road this window will close, the team will rebuild/treadmill, tickets and costs will be much more affordable and we'll look back to now as the good old days.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
PhoenixMilwauke
Sophomore
And1: 184

Post#983 » by PhoenixMilwauke » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:11 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I'm fine with them doing what they need to do to support a high payroll and associated taxes. Fan costs have gone up so I just go to a few less games and watch the rest on TV, no problem. We all have that choice. It's supply/demand. I'll take this over dirt cheap tickets to watch crappy teams at the crappy BC. Hopefully we can squeeze in another title or two. Down the road this window will close, the team will rebuild/treadmill, tickets and costs will be much more affordable and we'll look back to now as the good old days.

100%. I'm not renewing my tickets for next season because I don't think it's the best use of my money. I have no issue with ownership increasing prices if they think the demand is there. I would be 10x more happy watching the Bucks win a ring on TV than go to an 'affordable' RS for an 8th seed.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#984 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:06 am

PhoenixMilwauke wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:I'm fine with them doing what they need to do to support a high payroll and associated taxes. Fan costs have gone up so I just go to a few less games and watch the rest on TV, no problem. We all have that choice. It's supply/demand. I'll take this over dirt cheap tickets to watch crappy teams at the crappy BC. Hopefully we can squeeze in another title or two. Down the road this window will close, the team will rebuild/treadmill, tickets and costs will be much more affordable and we'll look back to now as the good old days.

100%. I'm not renewing my tickets for next season because I don't think it's the best use of my money. I have no issue with ownership increasing prices if they think the demand is there. I would be 10x more happy watching the Bucks win a ring on TV than go to an 'affordable' RS for an 8th seed.

I had season tickets during those 8th seed or bust years. Very affordable (lower bowl center court) but brutal. I miss going to so many games but it's a good tradeoff.
bigdog13
Junior
And1: 6

Post#985 » by bigdog13 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:17 am

everyone forgets tv money! They own the building so they basically get all the money from all the events. the owners were given this team for nothing $550 million then team is now worth 3.2 billion but yea. where will they fine the money for the roster
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,073

Post#986 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:23 am

I asked earlier about how much revenue the team makes from the gate compared to their TV deal and league wide revenue sharing. I'd love to know if the owners need to increase ticket sales, or if they're doing it because **** it.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#987 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:56 am

PhoenixMilwauke wrote:

This is a rationale take and where I’m at. I don’t think it is the best use of my money either. It is fine when I’m able to go to games and get my money back (and more) on games I sell, but feel risk is on me. Plus next year may have a kid or 2 in winter sports, parking/food/drink is all more, my job/company is volatile right now, etc so just seems like a good time to bow out. I’m glad we have reached the point of having a 6 year run of being a legit title contender. When I first started I wasn’t sure I would ever see the day.

Did they give you much grief for not renewing?
PhoenixMilwauke
Sophomore

Post#988 » by PhoenixMilwauke » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:52 am

Thunder Muscle wrote:
PhoenixMilwauke wrote:

This is a rationale take and where I’m at. I don’t think it is the best use of my money either. It is fine when I’m able to go to games and get my money back (and more) on games I sell, but feel risk is on me. Plus next year may have a kid or 2 in winter sports, parking/food/drink is all more, my job/company is volatile right now, etc so just seems like a good time to bow out. I’m glad we have reached the point of having a 6 year run of being a legit title contender. When I first started I wasn’t sure I would ever see the day.

Did they give you much grief for not renewing?

Nope. I filled up the form, said thank you in the comments and said I'll probably be back sometime in the future if things work out. It was a good run. Had tickets for the NBA championship. Can't Complain.

Interestingly, I still have the invoice available to sign up with a new deadline date of Feb 29. If I change my mind in the next few weeks, I wonder if they will let me renew and give my old seats back. They didn't charge me for the January Install though.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,031

Post#989 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:41 pm

Yeah, I have no issues with how they choose to price their product. I just get annoyed where they
1. put unnecessary pressure on you (Aka making you sign up and pay for tickets next year with a strict February deadline, but somehow its too complicated to come up with playoff pricing that starts in 3 months?)
2. were so lazy with their promised benefits (waiting until 4 days before to announce a major STH event during the middle of the week as if we don't have jobs).

If they chose to raise prices, fine. I think it has negative repercussions long-term but they may be right. They raise ticket prices 25%, I'm out for my single but my buddy is keeping his 3. They have the same STH but now have an extra ticket to sell. :dontknow:
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#990 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:43 pm

The early deadline sucks. I never had that when I had ST. There was an extra discount for renewing early, I think that deadline was April. And then you had a summer deadline to guarantee your same seats.

Each summer there would be a STH week at the BC. All available seats were marked and you could pick out new seats if you wanted. It ran for I believe 4 days and was divided up by seniority. So the highest seniority could go on Monday and change their seats, etc...

The discounts you guys get from face value are higher now (and so are the prices of course). My first year I had center court, right on the half court line, about 18 rows up. Face value was $91 and I paid $81 for each ticket (I had 2).
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,744

Post#991 » by DanoMac » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:18 pm

I opted out of my season tickets for this season and went with a 10-game pack. Then we traded for Dame and I regretted opting out, so called my rep (like others have said, I've had a different rep literally every season) and asked what my price would be to get my tix back, and it was literally double lol. Glad I didn't jump on that.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#992 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:31 pm

DanoMac wrote:I opted out of my season tickets for this season and went with a 10-game pack. Then we traded for Dame and I regretted opting out, so called my rep (like others have said, I've had a different rep literally every season) and asked what my price would be to get my tix back, and it was literally double lol. Glad I didn't jump on that.

I guess what part did you regret? Or was it just the initial excitement of Dame had you calling? I would assume you could go to whatever game you wanted to at your original price or cheaper waiting until day of.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,744

Post#993 » by DanoMac » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:59 pm

DanoMac wrote:I opted out of my season tickets for this season and went with a 10-game pack. Then we traded for Dame and I regretted opting out, so called my rep (like others have said, I've had a different rep literally every season) and asked what my price would be to get my tix back, and it was literally double lol. Glad I didn't jump on that.

I guess what part did you regret? Or was it just the initial excitement of Dame had you calling? I would assume you could go to whatever game you wanted to at your original price or cheaper waiting until day of.

The initial excitement of Dame, yep. Thought tickets were gonna be insane this year. In hindsight I'm happy and lucky I passed on not only the double priced season tickets but the original priced ones.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#994 » by Thunder Muscle » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:13 pm

DanoMac wrote:

The initial excitement of Dame, yep. Thought tickets were gonna be insane this year. In hindsight I'm happy and lucky I passed on not only the double priced season tickets but the original priced ones.

If not for the Dame trade and the 2 weeks after, I would have lost my ass this year I think. The initial wave of the trade made up for it. But that excitement is gone now. Anything short of a Championship probably equals meh excitement imo.

I requested to opt out. Sad to go, but value isn’t there or will banking on a championship as said to maybe make it worth it. I don’t know. Kind of looking forward to being done with it too.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#995 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:27 am

Has any STH gotten any additional information on the Alumni event on Sunday? I don’t even know what time it is, let alone details on who will be there.

Edit: I stand corrected, it did have 6-9pm listed.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,956

Post#996 » by soxperry » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:30 pm

Finally talked to my rep today.

We have until end of feb to cancel tix for next season.

She said there is no way we would lose playoff strips for this season if we cancel and called that crazy.

Hope that helps
PhoenixMilwauke
Sophomore

Post#997 » by PhoenixMilwauke » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:06 pm

soxperry wrote:Finally talked to my rep today.

We have until end of feb to cancel tix for next season.

She said there is no way we would lose playoff strips for this season if we cancel and called that crazy.

Hope that helps

Interesting. That is why I still had the option to renew till 2/29 after I told them I wasn't renewing.
Thanks for sharing the info.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#998 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:56 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:Has any STH gotten any additional information on the Alumni event on Sunday? I don’t even know what time it is, let alone details on who will be there.

I know there was some alumni at the game last night. Anyone know who was there or hear anything? Wondering if it's worth bothering bringing an item to be signed.
DMBucks22
Veteran
And1: 81

Post#999 » by DMBucks22 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:10 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:Has any STH gotten any additional information on the Alumni event on Sunday? I don’t even know what time it is, let alone details on who will be there.

I know there was some alumni at the game last night. Anyone know who was there or hear anything? Wondering if it's worth bothering bringing an item to be signed.

Sidney Moncrief, Fred Roberts, and Scott Williams were there last night
GBPackers47
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#1000 » by GBPackers47 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:21 pm

I opted out of renewal too. My seats went up 21%, but the overall price still seems fair (lower bowl, Bucks side).

I'm sure I'm going to be a minority in this view, but I told my rep that the games just aren't that fun if you are there to watch the actual basketball. If you are there just for the excitement and energy, it's fun.

The need to throw out a t-shirt EVERY time the Bucks hit a 3-pointer and have fully grown men jump around, spilling beer for a sleeping shirt with a bank sponsorship is too much.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks