ImageImage

OT: Video Games/Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,773

Re: OT: Video Games/Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos 

Post#1921 » by ReginaldDwight » Sat Apr 6, 2024 8:20 pm

Anyone play Diablo 4 on here, its on gamepass and I just started a rogue character, seems pretty standard diablo stuff to me. Worth playing more?
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,446

Post#1922 » by GoldenAntlers » Sat Apr 6, 2024 11:56 pm

ReginaldDwight wrote:Anyone play Diablo 4 on here, its on gamepass and I just started a rogue character, seems pretty standard diablo stuff to me. Worth playing more?
I got less than 2 hours in before I put it down.

I was playing other games at the time, but I haven't had any real interest in starting it back up.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,778

Post#1923 » by TroyD92 » Sun Apr 7, 2024 12:20 am

ReginaldDwight wrote:Anyone play Diablo 4 on here, its on gamepass and I just started a rogue character, seems pretty standard diablo stuff to me. Worth playing more?

It gets worse the more you play imo. If you're looking to scratch that Diablo itch Last Epoch might be a good one to look into.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,089

Post#1924 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Apr 7, 2024 4:37 am

I loved Diablo 3, didn't care for D4.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,173

Post#1925 » by FrieAaron » Sun Apr 7, 2024 5:18 am

The story is definitely worth doing. I haven't played much since season one but they have a pretty big update coming up with season four that revamps a lot of the endgame stuff.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1926 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Apr 9, 2024 12:18 am

Read on Twitter

If you live near a Staples and you're looking to expand your Switch library.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#1927 » by Sauce Boss » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:52 pm

Slay the Spire 2 got announced out of nowhere yesterday as part of the triple-i event. Early access next year.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1928 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:04 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Coming up to the end of SM2. It's a really great game.

I've been watching Souls videos at work lately I'm probably gonna dive back into one next, if for no other reason they're a time suck. I never got too far into Sekiro but I feel like I'm better prepared for the parrying gameplay. I also might do Elden Ring again too.

Time to give Sekiro another shot. I'm not bothered by parrying anymore so hopefully this time it sticks.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,929

Post#1929 » by stellation » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:54 am

Does anyone have any recommendations for additional iPad storage whilst travelling? I'm trying to help sort out a solution for someone is going to be away for about a month and a half, and would like to have an iPad in that time to watch shows in downtime, read books to lighten the load and possibly do some downloading of images to save on camera storage space. They'll be on a cruise for a chunk of the time, and Internet access will be slow/limited so I'm guessing that a cloud sync based solution isn't going to work.

I'd like to be able to set them up with something that's just a simple, as small as possible bunch of extra storage but have zero idea with expanding iPads.
#FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1930 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:24 am

Against my better judgement, I'm starting a new Fallout 4 save.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,058

Post#1931 » by Siefer » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:19 pm

Finished FF7: Rebirth at 110 hours. I really enjoyed it overall, though I think the ending sequence is pretty uneven. They were trying to do a lot, all at once - some of it was really excellent, and some of it (the hour long chain of boss fights) not so much.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,692

Post#1932 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:48 pm

Siefer wrote:Finished FF7: Rebirth at 110 hours. I really enjoyed it overall, though I think the ending sequence is pretty uneven. They were trying to do a lot, all at once - some of it was really excellent, and some of it (the hour long chain of boss fights) not so much.

Really the only thing I didn't like about the first game tbh. But not surprised it's the same thing here, and looking forward to diving back in. I travel again soon and planned to revisit once I got back and could spend a lot of time with it.

Just about done with POE this league. Bunch of cool improvements this go round, but also many endgame changes I didn't end up liking in practice. Good time to sit out for a bit and revisit my backlog-in-progress.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1933 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:10 pm

Playing Fallout IV lasted a day. Once they ask you to start doing settlement stuff I check out.

I installed a bunch of stuff. Madden, Monter Hunter Rise, Fight Night Champion, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Dark Souls Remastered. Nothing's really stuck. I never played the second two games in the Tomb Raider trilogy but I loved the first one. Found out my Dark Souls save is fairly close to the end, and I never did the DLC. I think that's what I'll attempt first.

So glad baseball season is here.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,337

Post#1934 » by KidA24 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:28 pm

stellation wrote:Does anyone have any recommendations for additional iPad storage whilst travelling? I'm trying to help sort out a solution for someone is going to be away for about a month and a half, and would like to have an iPad in that time to watch shows in downtime, read books to lighten the load and possibly do some downloading of images to save on camera storage space. They'll be on a cruise for a chunk of the time, and Internet access will be slow/limited so I'm guessing that a cloud sync based solution isn't going to work.

I'd like to be able to set them up with something that's just a simple, as small as possible bunch of extra storage but have zero idea with expanding iPads.

Is there a reason they can't daisy chain a USB flash drive to the iPad and use that?

Or, as I google: https://www.amazon.com/lightning-usb-flash-drive/s?k=lightning+to+usb+flash+drive
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,917

Post#1935 » by jschligs » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:31 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Playing Fallout IV lasted a day. Once they ask you to start doing settlement stuff I check out.

I installed a bunch of stuff. Madden, Monter Hunter Rise, Fight Night Champion, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Dark Souls Remastered. Nothing's really stuck. I never played the second two games in the Tomb Raider trilogy but I loved the first one. Found out my Dark Souls save is fairly close to the end, and I never did the DLC. I think that's what I'll attempt first.

I got a solid week or two out of Madden during my vasectomy recovery. I enjoy taking a terrible franchise and using the draft classes to get better. But didn’t last after that. Otherwise I’m in a massive rut for gaming and the only thing I’ve been playing consistently is Civ6. And unlike you, I HATE baseball lol.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,058

Post#1936 » by Siefer » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:02 pm

This is an excellent write up on Rebirth's ending, and its broader storytelling issues.

Spoiler:
https://www.pastemagazine.com/games/final-fantasy-vii-rebirth/final-fantasy-vii-rebirths-ending-poorly-answers-a-question-it-never-needed-to-ask

I still really liked this game, and I don't think the muddled ending is as ruinous as some do, but I get why it's caused frustration, and I think this piece articulates the issues well.

Rebirth ends up trying to shoot a gap between doing something new, and following the original, and in doing so ends up in a frustrating place where the new stuff doesn't seem to amount to much, and the ending in particular feels overcomplicated and emotionally stilted. They needed to commit to a lane, and resist the urge to end in in the mystery box.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#1937 » by machu46 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:17 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Playing Fallout IV lasted a day. Once they ask you to start doing settlement stuff I check out.

I'm in sort of a rut as well. Still playing Rainbow Six Siege a decent amount for my shooter fix. My friends are bummed I've fallen off The Division 2 again; we're in the end game now which honestly has a crazy amount of content compared to the first time I played it, but I've just kind of fallen off the wagon.

Been playing Tennis Elbow 4 lately to scratch my itch for a tennis game as Top Spin 2K25 seems like it'll be a disappointment for me.

You mention how glad you are that baseball is here...have you ever tried the Super Mega Baseball series? I liken it to the old Backyard Baseball games but the gameplay is much quicker than those were (those games were super slow back in the day) and the team/player customization options really allow you to use your imagination. I'm not really the type to generally create my own teams in sports games and stuff, but it was so fun and easy in SMB that I created an entire fictional league of teams and then did a fantasy draft to mix all the players up. I grabbed SMB on PS5 but it's available on PC and I'm guessing there are probably some mods out there to add in real MLB teams or fun fictional ones if you're interested.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1938 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:44 pm

machu46 wrote:Been playing Tennis Elbow 4 lately to scratch my itch for a tennis game as Top Spin 2K25 seems like it'll be a disappointment for me.

It legitimately looks worse than Top Spin 4. So disappointing.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#1939 » by machu46 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:17 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
machu46 wrote:Been playing Tennis Elbow 4 lately to scratch my itch for a tennis game as Top Spin 2K25 seems like it'll be a disappointment for me.

It legitimately looks worse than Top Spin 4. So disappointing.

I'd be fine with everything they've revealed if we at least had the ability to add custom players to the career mode so that I can have more than like 5 real pros that I'm facing. I know they're promising to add more players post-release but I'm not touching the game unless the roster expands a ton. I'll keep an eye on the PC version to see if people start modding players into the game but we'll see.

The gameplay in Tennis Elbow 4 is honestly really good; some janky animations here and there but a nice variety in the gameplay from rally to rally and it's sweet that I can add in like 200+ real players on both the men's and women's side.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1940 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:21 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Fun example here since it just came out today...

Cities: Skylines 2 - which I was enormously hyped for and ultimately disappointed by - released its first DLC today. DLC, not MTX. $10 for...20 new houses - 10 per theme (US & EU), each with 3 levels for them to grow to. They're beach themed, in a game without the ability to have beaches.

They want you to pay $10, 1/6 of the cost of the game itself, to add 20 new houses to the game. It's a game starved for assets to be sure, and without full mod support right now, some are going to feel like it's needed to make the game feel less monotonous. And all of that makes the DLC feel even worse.

It's typical Paradox bull. But personally, that's the kind of DLC that irritates me.

Funny update here. This DLC went on to be literally the worst rated item in Steam's history, and the blowback was so fierce that everyone who bought it is being refunded and it's now just going to baked into the base game. Colossal Order (developer) is going to be focusing the rest of the year on free updates and they're delaying the first major DLC/expansion to 2025.

I hope they can really improve CS2, and not like five years from now. I tried going back to CS and it's hard now. Even for as full-featured it is in comparison, enough little things were improved on in CS2 that it's left me feeling like neither are complete/playable.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks