OT: Video Games/Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,080

Re: OT: Video Games/Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos 

Post#1841 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:22 am

The Pawn system and sharing them with other players is cool. Like a whole lot of others I made Shadowheart my Main Pawn and she's already been used a handful of times.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,745

Post#1842 » by TroyD92 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:42 am

Combat feels janky. Idk how I'm feeling about this game early on. No lock on was certainly a bad choice.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1843 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:02 am

I'm having a blast shield bashing little goblin dudes all over the dang place. Could do it all day.
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#1844 » by TroyD92 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:04 am

ReasonablySober wrote:The Pawn system and sharing them with other players is cool. Like a whole lot of others I made Shadowheart my Main Pawn and she's already been used a handful of times.

Is this available when you summon a pawn?
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1845 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:09 am

TroyD92 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:The Pawn system and sharing them with other players is cool. Like a whole lot of others I made Shadowheart my Main Pawn and she's already been used a handful of times.

Is this available when you summon a pawn?

So how it seems to work is when you're at one of those summoning stones (or whatever they're called), you're able to summon and choose other user created Pawns. Meanwhile, your created Main Pawn is out there, able to be chosen and used by other users. After you rest, your Pawn "returns" with from their time with other users. You can request rewards for their use, or offer rewards if they use them.

That's my limited impression of what's going on.
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#1846 » by TroyD92 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:10 am

I really hate the fact you can only make one character if what i am reading is true. Just totally braindead decision
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1847 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:28 am

TroyD92 wrote:I really hate the fact you can only make one character if what i am reading is true. Just totally braindead decision

Yea, you make your own, and then you make your main pawn. I actually don't mind it. Seems like that way you only have to really worry about two characters, and the rest you hire and fire as you like.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#1848 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:29 am

TroyD92 wrote:I really hate the fact you can only make one character if what i am reading is true. Just totally braindead decision

You can freely change between vocations so I'm not seeing the issue (maybe because I'm not there in the game yet). What am I missing?
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 947

Post#1849 » by Lippo » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:32 am

Bards Tale baby….
Baldurs Gate
Torment
Diablo
Doom
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#1850 » by TroyD92 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:35 am

MikeIsGood wrote:

You can freely change between vocations so I'm not seeing the issue (maybe because I'm not there in the game yet). What am I missing?

I cant even delete this character. I must be the only guy who likes to play alts
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#1851 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:38 am

TroyD92 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

I cant even delete this character. I must be the only guy who likes to play alts

Not being able to delete sucks - had no idea! I'm an altoholic in some games too, but I just haven't found the need here yet. There's no penalty for switching between anything that I've seen. Just going to an Inn.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1852 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:55 am

Was on a quest that brought me into a deep cave and completely lost track of time. Exited just after the sun had gone down and I decided to go back to the town in the dark. Extremely hilarious and terrifying sounds came from all around as I ran my ass back to safety.
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#1853 » by TroyD92 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:26 am

Mage combat is worse than thief for me so far. Hoping it gets better once i unlock more spells
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,780

Post#1854 » by Ayt » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:05 am

Yes, it is extremely idiotic that you can have only one save slot and you can't even delete it in game.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1855 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:14 am

Ayt wrote:

Yes, it is extremely idiotic that you can have only one save slot and you can't even delete it in game.

I get what the developers are doing in forcing players to make consequential decisions. Where it sucks is it discourages exploration. I know I'm essentially playing with one life so I'm more inclined to bee-line it to objectives instead of wandering off the beaten path and seeing what's around. I'm super not trying to take on bigger enemies if I don't have to.

If it's a game made to be played many times, fine, but that's still not respecting anyone's time.
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#1856 » by TroyD92 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:31 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
Ayt wrote:

I get what the developers are doing in forcing players to make consequential decisions. Where it sucks is it discourages exploration. I know I'm essentially playing with one life so I'm more inclined to bee-line it to objectives instead of wandering off the beaten path and seeing what's around. I'm super not trying to take on bigger enemies if I don't have to.

If it's a game made to be played many times, fine, but that's still not respecting anyone's time.

Consequences are fine, but for the history of video games (single player) each save state is a fresh experience. Don't understand the decision at all. Also PC performance is abdominal again. Just a weird decision to me. I got 3-4 hours tonight so i'm not hating it, but not sure if this game is for me.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,780

Post#1857 » by Ayt » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:54 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
Ayt wrote:

Eh, the game autosaves all the time. Exploration isn't an issue. Wander all you want. The issue is that there is literally one save slot so you can't make multiple characters for yourself and someone else can't play a different character.

You can't even delete a character and start over from within the game.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1858 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:57 am

TroyD92 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Ayt wrote:

Consequences are fine, but for the history of video games (single player) each save state is a fresh experience. Don't understand the decision at all. Also PC performance is abdominal again. Just a weird decision to me. I got 3-4 hours tonight so i'm not hating it, but not sure if this game is for me.

TBH the only mechanic I really don't like in this one is the progressive loss of the health bar total. It was awful in Dark Souls 2 and they abandoned it after one game. With one save and dying making it worse it's especially terrible in this game.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1859 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:03 am

Ayt wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Ayt wrote:

Eh, the game autosaves all the time. Exploration isn't an issue. Wander all you want. The issue is that there is literally one save slot so you can't make multiple characters for yourself and someone else can't play a different character.

If that's your issue just make another account. It's a single player game. Use a work email or something.
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#1860 » by TroyD92 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:38 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
Ayt wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

If that's your issue just make another account. It's a single player game. Use a work email or something.

If Ayt is on PC he would need to buy the game again lol. You might be able to delete it from the files, but I haven't bothered to look.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks