Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,080

Re: OT: Video Games/Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos 

Post#1861 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:39 am

TroyD92 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Ayt wrote:
Eh, the game autosaves all the time. Exploration isn't an issue. Wander all you want. The issue is that there is literally one save slot so you can't make multiple characters for yourself and someone else can't play a different character.

You can't even delete a character and start over from within the game.

If that's your issue just make another account. It's a single player game. Use a work email or something.

If Ayt is on PC he would need to buy the game again lol

Just move the save file. If you're on Steam it's right here:

[Steam directory location]\userdata\[steamid]\2054970\remote\win64_save

Another link that took me 30 seconds worth of Googling to find:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DragonsDogma2/comments/1bko7wo/how_to_create_new_save_retain_old_save_too/

It's dumb that the developers did this. Common reason people give is the potential pawn system abuse. Still dumb, but there are pretty easy ways around what you guys are talking about.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1862 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:52 am

Be careful when one of your pawns knows the way to a chest, or anything I guess. Middle of the day, very non-threatening area, one of mine says they know the way to a chest. Follow them for a little bit and before I know it I'm getting absolutely smoked by an entire gang of enemies. I barely made it out.

But I was led to a secret room I wouldn't have found. Had a ton of gold and some very valuable loot in a couple chests.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,335

Post#1863 » by crkone » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:43 pm

Breath of the Ghost of Nioh has been okay.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,424

Post#1864 » by GoldenAntlers » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:25 pm

What game are you guys talking about with the Pawns. I missed something. Thought you were talking about BG3 and got really confused.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#1865 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:00 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:What game are you guys talking about with the Pawns. I missed something. Thought you were talking about BG3 and got really confused.

Dragon's Dogma 2.

I'm absolutely in love so far. I've lamented for years that every good single player RPG these days is a Souls-like. Finally, one that isn't (but still has tough combat). Yet to grab onto a beast, though. Not sure the value in doing so as an archer, which I'm otherwise enjoying. But I do really want to try the mystic spearhand once I can unlock it.

Vermund is fun. I made my cat into my pawn, and she's currently a thief because that made sense :lol: Performance has been solid for me on a 2070S, though I had to turn most settings down. Still looks good.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,745

Post#1866 » by TroyD92 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:40 pm

I ended up refunding. Not sure I'll really like this game. That plus the terrible anti-consumer decisions made. I hope everyone enjoys it.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1867 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:27 am

Enjoying it a lot. I've gone from being annoyed or running away from the biggest beasts to hunting them. Up to Level 20, Vocation Level 8 fighter. There's a move you can learn that lets you stab repeatedly until your stamina is gone. I've taken out entire health bars of the biggest beasts by climbing their backs and stabbing them in the head about 10 times. Easy XP.

No idea what vocation I'm going to switch to next, though.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1868 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:10 am

I think I've played 8 hours today, just wandering and seeing what I find. Most recently found some cave that took me to the top of a mountain, was able to hop onto the city's aqueduct, and run all the way back to the city with all the loot on the way.

Level 12 I think. I'm slow.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1869 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:24 am

I went off the beaten path for a very long walk. Barely survived. Got lucky with campfires. Ended up where I was supposed to go eventually, but I took the back way in. I'm very underleveled. The first thing that happens is I'm challenged to a dual. I shield bash this poor dude off his feet, then do my ground and pound stabby thing for like 30 consecutive hits. Challenge won. I'm free to roam around this massive, gorgeous area. It's my favorite gaming moment since Elden Ring.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1870 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:26 pm

The POE2 footage coming out looks...not fun to me. Respect them trying to do something different, and I'll keep an open mind, but it looks like they wanted to make a Soulslike ARPG. Looks wildly different than POE1. Glad they decided to keep the games separate and keep developing POE1.

Back to DD2. Going to change my main pawn to a mage I think. I'm still loving archer but tempted to see what a melee class feels like, too.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1871 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:06 pm

Cyclopes literally out of nowhere. Fun battle in a tight canyon.

Stumbled into an ogre which was much harder. Fell in love with my explosive arrows. Holy ****, wonderful skill.

Then stumbled into a chimera. And I thought what the hell, let's give it a shot. Died several times before ultimately giving up and using my first ferrystone to return to town. The fight was fun as all HELL and I started to get the mechanics down, but each time I died I was losing more chip health. Don't like that at all. The chip damage I'm personally fine with as a mechanic, but not combined with reloading saves. The save system - by design - is hard enough already. Just meant I had to give up and use an escape item to get out of it eventually. I got better at the fight, but I def can't win it at 40%.

Lesson learned. Rested up, getting new pawns, and going back. I was gone from town for like 6 hours. My pawns are 6-7 levels below me which can't be good this early.

ETA: High-fiving your pawns after you wreck something is **** awesome.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1872 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:26 am

MikeIsGood wrote:Cyclopes literally out of nowhere. Fun battle in a tight canyon.

Stumbled into an ogre which was much harder. Fell in love with my explosive arrows. Holy ****, wonderful skill.

Then stumbled into a chimera. And I thought what the hell, let's give it a shot. Died several times before ultimately giving up and using my first ferrystone to return to town. The fight was fun as all HELL and I started to get the mechanics down, but each time I died I was losing more chip health. Don't like that at all. The chip damage I'm personally fine with as a mechanic, but not combined with reloading saves. The save system - by design - is hard enough already. Just meant I had to give up and use an escape item to get out of it eventually. I got better at the fight, but I def can't win it at 40%.

Lesson learned. Rested up, getting new pawns, and going back. I was gone from town for like 6 hours. My pawns are 6-7 levels below me which can't be good this early.

ETA: High-fiving your pawns after you wreck something is **** awesome.

You're gonna like the melee combat. Hopping on a big ass creature's head and stabbing it repeatedly so great. I won't say it makes bigger fights trivial, but so far it kind of has once you're a decent enough level with a bunch of nice abilities.

Level 26. I maxed out Fighter and my Main Pawn's Archer. I'm gonna switch to Thief once I get some good gear (in a quest where'll be doing that shortly) and get a bunch of those sweet abilities, and I made Shadowheart a mage.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,070

Post#1873 » by humanrefutation » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:20 am

Picked up MLB The Show 24. First time I've picked up one of the games in this series for about a decade, even as I've generally enjoyed it previously. Looking forward to some RTTS.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,055

Post#1874 » by Siefer » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:46 pm

60 hours in on FF7R2. Coming off Gongaga, which is probably my favorite region in the game so far, Cosmo Canyon has felt like a bit of a hiccup. That narrative has felt like it's missing a couple of scenes that get it from A to C, and... I'm not loving the map traversal.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1875 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:33 pm

Siefer wrote:60 hours in on FF7R2. Coming off Gongaga, which is probably my favorite region in the game so far, Cosmo Canyon has felt like a bit of a hiccup. That narrative has felt like it's missing a couple of scenes that get it from A to C, and... I'm not loving the map traversal.

I'm excited to get back to it / pissed I didn't have access to it this past week while I was holed-up with the 'vid :cry: That's exciting to hear about your favorite region, though. I left off just about to head to upper Junon; coming off the Grasslands I was thinking I was going to not 100% each place before moving on, but then I did it naturally in Junon and has a blast doing so.

DD2. FF7R2. New POE league next Friday. Damnit.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1876 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:55 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Then stumbled into a chimera. And I thought what the hell, let's give it a shot. Died several times before ultimately giving up and using my first ferrystone to return to town. The fight was fun as all HELL and I started to get the mechanics down, but each time I died I was losing more chip health. Don't like that at all. The chip damage I'm personally fine with as a mechanic, but not combined with reloading saves. The save system - by design - is hard enough already. Just meant I had to give up and use an escape item to get out of it eventually. I got better at the fight, but I def can't win it at 40%.

Welp, found my way to the chimera too. I was trying to hunt a cyclops but stumbled into the chimera fight instead.

I also loved it, right up until the point where after being wiped four or five times I had to run away. THEN I found the cyclops, and by them my health was so low I couldn't even fight him.

Thankfully there's a campsite close by. I'm gonna try and farm the cyclops for a little and come back to the chimera with a stronger team.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1877 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:56 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:Then stumbled into a chimera. And I thought what the hell, let's give it a shot. Died several times before ultimately giving up and using my first ferrystone to return to town. The fight was fun as all HELL and I started to get the mechanics down, but each time I died I was losing more chip health. Don't like that at all. The chip damage I'm personally fine with as a mechanic, but not combined with reloading saves. The save system - by design - is hard enough already. Just meant I had to give up and use an escape item to get out of it eventually. I got better at the fight, but I def can't win it at 40%.

Welp, found my way to the chimera too. I was trying to hunt a cyclops but stumbled into the chimera fight instead.

I also loved it, right up until the point where after being wiped four or five times I had to run away. THEN I found the cyclops, and by them my health was so low I couldn't even fight him.

Thankfully there's a campsite close by. I'm gonna try and farm the cyclops for a little and come back to the chimera with a stronger team.

I found another one and took the second out out, level 18 I think with 16-18 pawns. Did it this time in one take, though I used I think 15 explosive arrows and - most importantly - saw him before he saw me, and escaped out to a campfire to rest first. Headed back to the second/other one now as I'm off for a nearby quest.

Also fought a Wight, I think they called it. Flying magic guy. Attack were easy to telegraph, but seemed highly resistant to everything I threw at him. I'm guessing I didn't get something figured out - weak spot, weak element, etc.

Took the rest of the night off because I played 24 hours this weekend :lol:
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1878 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:01 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

I found another one and took the second out out, level 18 I think with 16-18 pawns. Did it this time in one take, though I used I think 15 explosive arrows and - most importantly - saw him before he saw me, and escaped out to a campfire to rest first. Headed back to the second/other one now as I'm off for a nearby quest.

I ended up taking him out after my post. Not easily, but definitely easier once I cut off the tail first. That got him to about half his life, then it was just a battle of attrition. I had all my health and more than enough health potions. Very fun fight.

I'm on the complete opposite side of the map now. going after the Magic Archer and Warfarer vocations. Had a very fun battle with an armored badass. Stumbled into finding out how to take his kind down in basically two stabs. Super satisfying.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1879 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:04 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

I ended up taking him out after my post. Not easily, but definitely easier once I cut off the tail first. That got him to about half his life, then it was just a battle of attrition. I had all my health and more than enough health potions. Very fun fight.

I'm on the complete opposite side of the map now. going after the Magic Archer and Warfarer vocations. Had a very fun battle with an armored badass. Stumbled into finding out how to take his kind down in basically two stabs. Super satisfying.

Oh interesting. What happened when his tail was cut off? My strategy had been killing the goat head, but doing so enrages the lion and he goes absolutely ape ****, so this time I spread my damage around and just dodged his spells. I found that hitting the goat head with ice arrows while casting stunned it enough to cancel the cast most times.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1880 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:09 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

Oh interesting. What happened when his tail was cut off? My strategy had been killing the goat head, but doing so enrages the lion and he goes absolutely ape ****, so this time I spread my damage around and just dodged his spells. I found that hitting the goat head with ice arrows while casting stunned it enough to cancel the cast most times.

No more snake spreading poison all over the place or snatching my dude in its jaws to squeeze the hell out of him.

The last life bar was still a bitch. I didn't have a problem with the AOE spells, but the constant bucking and slamming was tough.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks