OT: Video Games/Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,677

Re: OT: Video Games/Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos 

Post#61 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue May 23, 2023 6:52 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:BoTW update:

Yeah, it's really fun. Predictably hating the weapon durability element though. Did they at least nerf it (as in, make it less penalizing) in Tears of the Kingdom?
You can now fuse monster parts or other **** to weapons and they seem more durable but I don't know for sure on that.

I felt like the durability got in my head early in BoTW and I would save my good weapons to the point I never ended up really using some. But weapons are pretty abundant so just use your best ones. You can also mark out some spots to grab or farm new ones every blood moon.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,268

Post#62 » by humanrefutation » Tue May 23, 2023 7:54 pm

You guys got me into TOTK. Picked it up yesterday.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,702

Post#63 » by StickeeFingaz » Tue May 23, 2023 9:24 pm

Thinking about updating my PC. Has anyone here sold used PC parts? What’s the best way to do it?
#FreeChuckDiesel
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,748

Post#64 » by MikeIsGood » Wed May 24, 2023 3:38 am

Super dumb Zelda reference. Can't help myself. Insanely minor spoiler, I guess?

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,179

Post#65 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 24, 2023 3:48 am

This is definitely a game where I don't mind using some guides, because there's stuff here that I wouldn't have found or figured out in a million years. I hate puzzle solving.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,413

Post#66 » by KidA24 » Wed May 24, 2023 3:58 am

ReasonablySober wrote:This is definitely a game where I don't mind using some guides, because there's stuff here that I wouldn't have found or figured out in a million years. I hate puzzle solving.

I definitely Red Green a lot of solutions.

When in doubt? Duct tape.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#67 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed May 24, 2023 6:28 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:This is definitely a game where I don't mind using some guides, because there's stuff here that I wouldn't have found or figured out in a million years. I hate puzzle solving.
Yeah I've YouTube'd some shrines. I'll give them a go at first but I had a couple where I couldn't even tell what I was trying to figure out.

I haven't even done any of the main storyline yet. Have just been working on getting all the towers unlocked and stopping to do shrines I run across and randomly fighting to get those mechanics down. I have like 3 towers left then I'll actually go and do one of the regional challenges.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#68 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 24, 2023 8:34 pm

Whoa.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#69 » by MikeIsGood » Wed May 24, 2023 9:17 pm

Didn't catch the full show, but Spiderman 2's gameplay segment was dope. I'm not a big Spiderman guy historically, though, and thus I'm a bit confused. Isn't Venom one of Spiderman's biggest villains? I got the impression Spiderman WAS Venom in this gameplay. Was this a huge twist that was just lost on me?
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,207

Post#70 » by FrieAaron » Wed May 24, 2023 9:31 pm

Shout out to the Nuggets for taking care of business so I can get some more time tonight with ToTK. I also haven't really started the main quest yet, but probably soon. Have now unlocked a few pieces of gear, all the abilities and done about 30 shrines or so.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#71 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 24, 2023 9:41 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Didn't catch the full show, but Spiderman 2's gameplay segment was dope. I'm not a big Spiderman guy historically, though, and thus I'm a bit confused. Isn't Venom one of Spiderman's biggest villains? I got the impression Spiderman WAS Venom in this gameplay. Was this a huge twist that was just lost on me?

It's a thing from his comic book history.

The Symbiote Suit.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#72 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 24, 2023 9:42 pm

It was a pretty great showcase. Started slow, but there ended up being a really good number of games. I can't wait to play Dragon's Dogma 2.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#73 » by MikeIsGood » Wed May 24, 2023 9:50 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:Didn't catch the full show, but Spiderman 2's gameplay segment was dope. I'm not a big Spiderman guy historically, though, and thus I'm a bit confused. Isn't Venom one of Spiderman's biggest villains? I got the impression Spiderman WAS Venom in this gameplay. Was this a huge twist that was just lost on me?

The Symbiote Suit.

Thanks. Yeah I just jumped down the wiki rabbit hole and learned more about the history with it - the long explanation of which might actually be a spoiler for the game (no idea), so I'll spare it here.
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,684

Post#74 » by machu46 » Wed May 24, 2023 9:56 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

The Symbiote Suit.

Thanks. Yeah I just jumped down the wiki rabbit hole and learned more about the history with it - the long explanation of which might actually be a spoiler for the game (no idea), so I'll spare it here.

Yeah, Spider-Man is one of the few superheroes I feel like I actually know a decent amount about. A little nervous they’re gonna do the most obvious story there but hoping not. Either way I can’t wait. The story and gameplay in the first two games were both outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
BucksStatsGuy
Sophomore
And1: 655

Post#75 » by BucksStatsGuy » Wed May 24, 2023 11:24 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:BoTW update:

Yeah, it's really fun. Predictably hating the weapon durability element though. Did they at least nerf it (as in, make it less penalizing) in Tears of the Kingdom?
You can now fuse monster parts or other **** to weapons and they seem more durable but I don't know for sure on that.

I felt like the durability got in my head early in BoTW and I would save my good weapons to the point I never ended up really using some. But weapons are pretty abundant so just use your best ones. You can also mark out some spots to grab or farm new ones every blood moon.

Was listening to Vidjya Game Apocalypse podcast, and they had a really good discussion about the weapon durability and how it's really tough to sometimes even think about the absolute myriad of ways to perform combat in this game. We are so trained to go guns blazing, just melee everything, but this game literally allows you to build death machines that just demolish enemies in an instant. Fuze things you didn't even think of to a sword to just dominate enemies.

In BOTW, I agree that it was kind of nerfed because even the bomb power and abilities didn't do a lot of damage to enemies. But in this one, most importantly, it is constantly telling you "we are providing you with all the weapons you'll ever need, don't get attached to any of them. If you want weapons to be durable, fuse them before they break or use them against the "right" type of enemies. Examine your environment and you will see that we are giving you literally dozens of weapons".

There is a shrine that almost is screaming this at you and I completely missed it. It's one of the "stripping you of your weapons, got to defeat all the enemies" ones. They give you little Zonai drones to use, but around the shrine are spikes, cannons, lasers, etc. It literally never occurred to me to fuse these things to the drones. Instead, I tried to just hammer my way through like 10 times. I eventually did it, but when I heard the podcast talk about it, I kind of was dumbfounded.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,207

Post#76 » by FrieAaron » Thu May 25, 2023 12:49 am

Speaking of nontraditional ways to beat enemies, don't sleep on muddlebuds. I've cleared an entire camp with one arrow and a muddlebud on a black moblin. They all start fighting each other and one of them hits a bomb barrel.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#77 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu May 25, 2023 1:19 am

FrieAaron wrote:Speaking of nontraditional ways to beat enemies, don't sleep on muddlebuds. I've cleared an entire camp with one arrow and a muddlebud on a black moblin. They all start fighting each other and one of them hits a bomb barrel.
Absolutely, used that last night on a camp and the whole thing cleared while I was climbing up to shoot the stragglers.

Another one is to use the recall to throw rocks and bomb barrels back at your enemy. Was having a tough time with one of those big one eyed bastards and had the 'oh yeah I can just do this moment'. So many abilities in this game it's easy to forget you have some.

BucksStatsGuy
Sophomore
And1: 655

Post#78 » by BucksStatsGuy » Thu May 25, 2023 1:19 am

FrieAaron wrote:Speaking of nontraditional ways to beat enemies, don't sleep on muddlebuds. I've cleared an entire camp with one arrow and a muddlebud on a black moblin. They all start fighting each other and one of them hits a bomb barrel.

Yeah, the mushroom fuse's are pretty nuts. That podcast I referred to above talked about it, but Zelda has always been really really good at making you feel like a genius when you figure something out, and there really is no better Zelda for that than this one
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#79 » by MikeIsGood » Thu May 25, 2023 1:29 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Another one is to use the recall to throw rocks and bomb barrels back at your enemy. Was having a tough time with one of those big one eyed bastards and had the 'oh yeah I can just do this moment'. So many abilities in this game it's easy to forget you have some.

Also doesn't help that they feel hard to use (for me) because Nintendo's controls are **** backwards.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#80 » by mattg » Thu May 25, 2023 3:48 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Another one is to use the recall to throw rocks and bomb barrels back at your enemy. Was having a tough time with one of those big one eyed bastards and had the 'oh yeah I can just do this moment'. So many abilities in this game it's easy to forget you have some.

Also doesn't help that they feel hard to use (for me) because Nintendo's controls are **** backwards.

Yeah, when I play Zelda I feel like such a scrub, it reminds me of when you had to watch a friend play a game growing up who wasn't allowed to play video games and you sit there and cringe that they can't even press buttons. I'm used to PS/XBOX A-button and the Switch inversion is never not weird.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks