ImageImage

OT: Video Games/Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,712

Re: OT: Video Games/Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos 

Post#1941 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:55 pm

No Rest for the Wicked looks sick, but sounds like it's not ready for prime time yet. I didn't realize it was releasing in EA. Will wait a while on that one.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,107

Post#1942 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:42 am

Assassin's Creed Black Flag makes you play through a few hours of boring traditional AC crap to start, but man, when they finally put you on a ship and let you go it's so much fun. Done it now a handful of times over the years and it's still a blast.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,926

Post#1943 » by jschligs » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:31 am

Apple finally allowing an emulator on the App Store is huge (Delta). Been playing Pokémon Fire Red on the go and it’s the best. Looks like it supports GBC, GBA, NES, SNES, DS, and some 64 games.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1944 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:25 pm

I exactly 0% need something else to play but hot damn does this look **** cool.

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1945 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:05 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:I exactly 0% need something else to play but hot damn does this look **** cool.

Maybe this is what finally gets me to install Parallels or Crossover on the Mac. I'm running an M2 Pro with 32 GB of RAM. I can't imagine I'd have problem running old Fallout games.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1946 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:16 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:I exactly 0% need something else to play but hot damn does this look **** cool.

Maybe this is what finally gets me to install Parallels or Crossover on the Mac. I'm running an M2 Pro with 32 GB of RAM. I can't imagine I'd have problem running old Fallout games.

You never know, but I can't imagine so either. The games are like $10 total on Steam right now, too. Everything's on sale given the TV show.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,337

Post#1947 » by crkone » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:49 pm

Hades 2 feels like exactly what I was hoping.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,751

Post#1948 » by DanoMac » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:56 pm

Started Ghost of Tsushima about a week and a half ago. What a ride.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,193

Post#1949 » by humanrefutation » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:09 pm

The Show 24 has been pretty fun. RTTS is a blast, though I have to say that I think I got promoted to the majors way too quickly (I went from being drafted to the majors in about 80 games as a dual RF/SP, which is frankly absurd). But the graphics are pretty great on the PS5. The storyline mode is interesting as well.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1950 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:17 pm

machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,668

Post#1951 » by machu46 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:41 pm

DanoMac wrote:Started Ghost of Tsushima about a week and a half ago. What a ride.

All these recent great TV shows with similar vibes have got me jonesing to go back to Tsushima. Never did finish it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#1952 » by Sauce Boss » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:37 pm

crkone wrote:Hades 2 feels like exactly what I was hoping.

You get into the test? It’s going to be a day one buy, but I also am not sure I want to play it until it is complete.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,479

Post#1953 » by GoldenAntlers » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:29 pm

machu46 wrote:
DanoMac wrote:Started Ghost of Tsushima about a week and a half ago. What a ride.

All these recent great TV shows with similar vibes have got me jonesing to go back to Tsushima. Never did finish it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's so good.

Might be a top-5 for me.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,788

Post#1954 » by Ayt » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:18 am

If you haven't played them, Fallout 3 is very good but New Vegas is a damn masterpiece. Highly recommended.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,337

Post#1955 » by crkone » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:01 am

Sauce Boss wrote:
crkone wrote:Hades 2 feels like exactly what I was hoping.

You get into the test? It’s going to be a day one buy, but I also am not sure I want to play it until it is complete.
Yeah just wait for full release. You'll have nothing to worry about. I wanted to make sure this wasn't a Darkest Dungeon 2 situation.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1956 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:01 pm

Ayt wrote:

If you haven't played them, Fallout 3 is very good but New Vegas is a damn masterpiece. Highly recommended.

Yeah, have played them multiple times over the years, but been quite a while since I did. I downloaded them and did this setup to check it out, though not expecting to really get into it right now. Word of warning for anyone, it takes a solid 4-5 hours to download and set everything up unless you have a premium account with Nexus (I don't), but it does indeed seem cool.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,684

Post#1957 » by StickeeFingaz » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:00 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
Ayt wrote:

Yeah, have played them multiple times over the years, but been quite a while since I did. I downloaded them and did this setup to check it out, though not expecting to really get into it right now. Word of warning for anyone, it takes a solid 4-5 hours to download and set everything up unless you have a premium account with Nexus (I don't), but it does indeed seem cool.

I was thinking of doing this, but 4-5 hours?
#FreeChuckDiesel
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1958 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:27 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
Ayt wrote:

Yeah, not an exaggeration. You can speed it up by subscribing to Nexus Premium, which will automate the downloads and uncap your download speed. I think you can for like $8 for a month and then immediate unsubscribe, probably. But you're otherwise downloading almost 500 files at 2mb/s. The app you use automates popping-up what to download, but you still have to click the button to do it.

Then once it's all downloaded there's easily another hour of setup. So either accept all that, or factor in that you need to pay an extra $8 or whatever as part of startup cost.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1959 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:20 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

Yeah, not an exaggeration. You can speed it up by subscribing to Nexus Premium, which will automate the downloads and uncap your download speed. I think you can for like $8 for a month and then immediate unsubscribe, probably. But you're otherwise downloading almost 500 files at 2mb/s. The app you use automates popping-up what to download, but you still have to click the button to do it.

Then once it's all downloaded there's easily another hour of setup. So either accept all that, or factor in that you need to pay an extra $8 or whatever as part of startup cost.

Read on Twitter
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1960 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:59 pm

Speaking of Fallout 4 mods, Bethesda's big update today broke 'em. It really sucks.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks