Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,503

OT: Video Games/Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Tue May 16, 2023 2:52 pm

Last thread maxed.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Couch Potato
Rookie
And1: 222

Re: OT: Video Games/Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos 

Post#2 » by Couch Potato » Tue May 16, 2023 4:26 pm

I bought a 2TB SSD for my PS5. It was easy to install.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,936

Post#3 » by Turk Nowitzki » Tue May 16, 2023 11:18 pm

These videos of what people are creating in TotK are making me feel very dumb and unimaginative. I have enough trouble navigating the game mechanics in the most basic ways.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,741

Post#4 » by TroyD92 » Tue May 16, 2023 11:22 pm

Blizzard cancels OW2 PVE entirely. Absolutely on brand for the worst game company there is. Activision/Blizzard are truly the worst in so many ways. I didn’t really care about PVE but lots of people sure did.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,141

Post#5 » by FrieAaron » Tue May 16, 2023 11:34 pm

TroyD92 wrote:Blizzard cancels OW2 PVE entirely. Absolutely on brand for the worst game company there is. Activision/Blizzard are truly the worst in so many ways. I didn’t really care about PVE but lots of people sure did.

Heartbroken, although they didn't really cancel it entirely. Just the talent tree and hero mission portion. There will still be the story driven coop missions coming with Season 6. But we have no idea how many or long those story mission drops will be. I'm hoping for something roughly as long as a Left 4 Dead act, but we'll see. Super disappointing for a roadmap reveal.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,318

Post#6 » by KidA24 » Wed May 17, 2023 6:03 am

Blizzard has been an abject failure for 15 years.

They haven't innovated anything since wrath of the lich king
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,904

Post#7 » by jschligs » Wed May 17, 2023 2:22 pm

I'm about done with Blizzard. They took one of my favorite games and made it suck. Overwatch was so good as is IMO, then they launch OW2 and take away the first. Huge downgrade, then they eliminate PVE plans? Get ****ed Blizz.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,844

Post#8 » by tydett » Wed May 17, 2023 2:35 pm

Everything about canceling PvE while still scuttling OW makes sense when you realize that Activision/Blizz's goal was to get people to pay for new characters, not about actually investing in the PvE mechanic.

It's too bad because Dragonflight has actually been a pretty good bounce way back expac for WoW, but should give real pause to people about Diablo 4 - which they're charging for the base game before they'll also charge for seasonal BPs - at least with PoE, you get the base game free.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,074

Post#9 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 17, 2023 2:49 pm

tydett wrote:Everything about canceling PvE while still scuttling OW makes sense when you realize that Activision/Blizz's goal was to get people to pay for new characters, not about actually investing in the PvE mechanic.

It's too bad because Dragonflight has actually been a pretty good bounce way back expac for WoW, but should give real pause to people about Diablo 4 - which they're charging for the base game before they'll also charge for seasonal BPs - at least with PoE, you get the base game free.

At least the seasonal BPs only affect cosmetics (from what I've read). I've never given a **** about that stuff.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#10 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed May 17, 2023 4:44 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:These videos of what people are creating in TotK are making me feel very dumb and unimaginative. I have enough trouble navigating the game mechanics in the most basic ways.
Right? I I successfully do like three mechanics in a row without hitting the wrong button I'm proud of myself.

Hell if I remember I have half the powers it's a win. Was building some silly flying device to get on a ledge and my 4 yr old comments, 'just use the port up power' and I feel like an idiot.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,671

Post#11 » by StickeeFingaz » Wed May 17, 2023 5:38 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:These videos of what people are creating in TotK are making me feel very dumb and unimaginative. I have enough trouble navigating the game mechanics in the most basic ways.
Right? I I successfully do like three mechanics in a row without hitting the wrong button I'm proud of myself.

Hell if I remember I have half the powers it's a win. Was building some silly flying device to get on a ledge and my 4 yr old comments, 'just use the port up power' and I feel like an idiot.

I’m consistently pressing the wrong buttons, my brain is not programmed for Nintendo controllers.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,000

Post#12 » by Ryan5UW » Wed May 17, 2023 5:40 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:

It's stuff like this that makes me happy that me and my simple mind are sticking to PGA Tour :lol:
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#13 » by TroyD92 » Wed May 17, 2023 6:49 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
tydett wrote:Everything about canceling PvE while still scuttling OW makes sense when you realize that Activision/Blizz's goal was to get people to pay for new characters, not about actually investing in the PvE mechanic.

At least the seasonal BPs only affect cosmetics (from what I've read). I've never given a **** about that stuff.

Pretty sure all the new “hero missions” or whatever are locked behind the battle pass now too. It’s just classic blizzard in every sense. Overwatch is such a great feeling game, but of course blizzard needs to take a **** on it. They stole the soul of WoW players now it’s overwatch players turn
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,074

Post#14 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 17, 2023 6:51 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Pretty sure all the new “hero missions” or whatever are locked behind the battle pass now too. It’s just classic blizzard in every sense. Overwatch is such a great feeling game, but of course blizzard needs to take a **** on it. They stole the soul of WoW players now it’s overwatch players turn

Oh my bad I was referring to Diablo. I don't play Overwatch, though I would have had they actually gone and implemented some PvE.
FrieAaron
General Manager

Post#15 » by FrieAaron » Wed May 17, 2023 6:53 pm

TroyD92 wrote:Pretty sure all the new “hero missions” or whatever are locked behind the battle pass now too. It’s just classic blizzard in every sense. Overwatch is such a great feeling game, but of course blizzard needs to take a **** on it. They stole the soul of WoW players now it’s overwatch players turn

It's hero missions that were cancelled. Coop story/campaign missions are what we're getting starting in like August but they haven't gone into any details about how large those drops will be or if they will be monetized. I was working on the assumption that the story missions would be sold in bundles or something, but that was before the announcement that they got rid of the hero progression stuff.
TroyD92
RealGM

Re: OT: Video Games/Computers/Gadgets/Gizm 

Post#16 » by TroyD92 » Wed May 17, 2023 6:55 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Oh my bad I was referring to Diablo. I don't play Overwatch, though I would have had they actually gone and implemented some PvE.

Ahh that’s fair. I have real questions about Blizzards plans to monetize Diablo as well. It seems fine right now, but that’s usually how it starts with Bobbies Blizzard.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

FrieAaron
General Manager

Post#17 » by FrieAaron » Wed May 17, 2023 6:55 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

They went into some detail on the battlepass in the Diablo livestream. Basically, the free track of the battlepass will have some sort of currency you can get to give yourself certain boosts to help reach max level faster when you reroll in future seasons, but those are also level locked so someone can't just pay to complete the whole battlepass and get an xp boost that no one else gets. Everything on the paid track will be cosmetic stuff.
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#18 » by TroyD92 » Wed May 17, 2023 6:56 pm

FrieAaron wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:Pretty sure all the new “hero missions” or whatever are locked behind the battle pass now too. It’s just classic blizzard in every sense. Overwatch is such a great feeling game, but of course blizzard needs to take a **** on it. They stole the soul of WoW players now it’s overwatch players turn

It's hero missions that were cancelled. Coop story/campaign missions are what we're getting starting in like August but they haven't gone into any details about how large those drops will be or if they will be monetized. I was working on the assumption that the story missions would be sold in bundles or something, but that was before the announcement that they got rid of the hero progression stuff.

Ahh I see I just glanced at the road map and heard whatever was planned for s6 was locked behind the battle pass
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

TroyD92
RealGM

Post#19 » by TroyD92 » Wed May 17, 2023 6:57 pm

FrieAaron wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:

They went into some detail on the battlepass in the Diablo livestream. Basically, the free track of the battlepass will have some sort of currency you can get to give yourself certain boosts to help reach max level faster when you reroll in future seasons, but those are also level locked so someone can't just pay to complete the whole battlepass and get an xp boost that no one else gets. Everything on the paid track will be cosmetic stuff.

Appreciate the info. I’m just a jaded wow player at this point so I just assume it’s going to be heavily monetized.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#20 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed May 17, 2023 7:05 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:

I’m consistently pressing the wrong buttons, my brain is not programmed for Nintendo controllers.
I'm in my 40s, most of my gaming came on controlers with less buttons. At my age there's some **** I don't think I have the hand/eye coordination speed to do anymore. Luckily there's usually a work around.

But still having a great time with the game. I'm taking it slow and just learning a little at a time and then messing around and exploring. Game night take me a year to get through and that's fine.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks