OT: TV and Movies

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,760

Re: OT: TV and Movies 

Post#21 » by DanoMac » Wed Jul 5, 2023 6:59 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
stellation wrote:My, albeit modest, kingdom for a decent 30 minute or less series recommendation. Thinking last show before going to bed when I'd normally maybe watch the start of The Late Show.

Trailer Park Boys, thank me later.

Came here to say TPB too.

Now **** off I got work to do
Couch Potato
Rookie
And1: 222

Post#22 » by Couch Potato » Wed Jul 5, 2023 7:05 pm

Animal Control and Intelligence are 30 minute shows.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,304

Post#23 » by RiotPunch » Wed Jul 5, 2023 7:14 pm

DanoMac wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
stellation wrote:My, albeit modest, kingdom for a decent 30 minute or less series recommendation. Thinking last show before going to bed when I'd normally maybe watch the start of The Late Show.

Go and sell your hash coins, Ricky.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,926

Post#24 » by buckboy » Wed Jul 5, 2023 7:37 pm

The Bear

Spoiler:
Ok, so yeah, it got way better after the midpoint.

Episode 6 was incredibly acted and well-written. I can't really believe they got all those people to do it. Jamie Lee was particularly awesome.

As many others have said, episode 7 was my favorite. I am definitely team Richie. Just an awesome episode of television.

Controversial (and possibly stupid) opinion: I thought the ending was pretty lame? That's some Three's Company **** tbh. I thought it was super-weak in what was an otherwise pretty flawless five episodes.

And to be clear, I'm speaking of the whole I-didn't-know-I-was-talking-to-Claire stuff, not the Richie/Carmy and Sydney/her dad stuff.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,952

Post#25 » by jschligs » Wed Jul 5, 2023 8:02 pm

I cannot recommend Trailer Park Boys enough. Only the first 7 seasons. When it went to Netflix it lost everything great about it.
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,884

Post#26 » by engelmartin » Wed Jul 5, 2023 8:03 pm

jschligs wrote:I cannot recommend Trailer Park Boys enough. Only the first 7 seasons. When it went to Netflix it lost everything great about it.

The “Out of the Park” shows are sort of enjoyable. And the latest Prison season was ok.
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#27 » by RiotPunch » Wed Jul 5, 2023 8:06 pm

jschligs wrote:I cannot recommend Trailer Park Boys enough. Only the first 7 seasons. When it went to Netflix it lost everything great about it.

And the movies, the Xmas special!
#FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,211

Post#28 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jul 5, 2023 8:22 pm

buckboy wrote:The Bear

Spoiler:

Episode 6 was incredibly acted and well-written. I can't really believe they got all those people to do it. Jamie Lee was particularly awesome.

As many others have said, episode 7 was my favorite. I am definitely team Richie. Just an awesome episode of television.

Controversial (and possibly stupid) opinion: I thought the ending was pretty lame? That's some Three's Company **** tbh. I thought it was super-weak in what was an otherwise pretty flawless five episodes.

And to be clear, I'm speaking of the whole I-didn't-know-I-was-talking-to-Claire stuff, not the Richie/Carmy and Sydney/her dad stuff.

Read on Twitter

I liked this.
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#29 » by RiotPunch » Wed Jul 5, 2023 8:41 pm

Spoiler:

Team Richie for sure
#FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jul 5, 2023 9:25 pm

Strange New Worlds second season has had a couple excellent episodes after a so-so opener. Last week's was a time traveling episode with an alternate Kirk and another very well known character from Trek's past. I loved it, and it was apparently a remake of an acclaimed TOS episode.
buckboy
RealGM

Post#31 » by buckboy » Wed Jul 5, 2023 9:41 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

I liked this.

I read that today and thought it was great.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
buckboy
RealGM

Post#32 » by buckboy » Wed Jul 5, 2023 9:43 pm

RiotPunch wrote:

Spoiler:

Team Richie for sure

Spoiler:
Best scene of the show so far in my opinion. You're just so damn happy for him.
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#33 » by RiotPunch » Wed Jul 5, 2023 10:21 pm

buckboy wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:

Spoiler:

Team Richie for sure

Spoiler:
Best scene of the show so far in my opinion. You're just so damn happy for him.

Spoiler:
Could not agree more. Wife and I cried happy tears, and we hated him in the first season! Such an incredible arc.

Shoutout though, to Bernthal and Odenkirk for the forks scene. Really just everyone in that sixth episode save for Gillian Jacobs.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Couch Potato
Rookie

Post#34 » by Couch Potato » Thu Jul 6, 2023 3:23 pm

Shrinking is a 30 minute show.
Couch Potato
Rookie

Post#35 » by Couch Potato » Fri Jul 7, 2023 11:20 am

Season 2 of the Lincoln Lawyer is on. It's good. Also if you never watched the TV show Wolf Creek watch it. Its based on the movies. Also John Jarratt is in them.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,049

Post#36 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Jul 7, 2023 12:17 pm

Couch Potato wrote:Season 2 of the Lincoln Lawyer is on. It's good. Also if you never watched the TV show Wolf Creek watch it. Its based on the movies. Also John Jarratt is in them.

Cool. S1 of Lincoln Lawyer was good. Looks like 5 dropped today and the other 5 drop next month
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,771

Post#37 » by jimmybones » Fri Jul 7, 2023 1:37 pm

DanoMac wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:

frick off rick!

One of the funniest moments from a show ever for me is when Lahey shoots down a bird to make a burger for Randy with meat that is "better than store bought, bud." And then you hear Bubbles in the background "he's gonna eat that old blue jay burger" :lol:
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,049

Post#38 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Jul 7, 2023 3:48 pm

I guess I'm the exception but I'm halfway through S2 of Bear and I think it's pretty good but not great. Maybe the last 4 will blow me away. And most of you disagree.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jul 7, 2023 3:57 pm

New season of Lincoln Lawyer is solid through two episodes.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,354

Post#40 » by jute2003 » Fri Jul 7, 2023 4:12 pm

The great British baking show is a favorite of mine for mindless before bed tv.
only a fan, only an opinion

Return to Milwaukee Bucks