ImageImage

OT: TV and Movies

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,333

Re: OT: TV and Movies 

Post#1361 » by Mags FTW » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:37 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:my one issue with Three Body Problem is the Spanish scientist is too hot. Very distracting.

Can't tell if you are playing off this, but she has indeed claimed she lost roles because she was too hot.

Read on Twitter

I am halfway through the Chinese version and find it superior, albeit far slower-paced, than the Netflix series.
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,013

Post#1362 » by Ryan5UW » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:40 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:my one issue with Three Body Problem is the Spanish scientist is too hot. Very distracting.

This is why I’ve watched Baby Driver numerous times lol
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,829

Post#1363 » by HaroldinGMinor » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:43 pm

Mags FTW wrote:

Can't tell if you are playing off this, but she has indeed claimed she lost roles because she was too hot.

Read on Twitter

I am halfway through the Chinese version and find it superior, albeit far slower-paced, than the Netflix series.

Ha! No, I had no idea.
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#1364 » by Mags FTW » Sat Apr 6, 2024 3:02 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:

Read on Twitter

Ha! No, I had no idea.

The irony is she has had plastic surgery to look that way.

Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,880

Post#1365 » by Matches Malone » Sat Apr 6, 2024 3:05 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
HaroldinGMinor wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:Can't tell if you are playing off this, but she has indeed claimed she lost roles because she was too hot.

Read on Twitter

Ha! No, I had no idea.

She looks different in all 3 photos. Surgery can be a hell of an addiction for some celebs.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM

Post#1366 » by HaroldinGMinor » Sat Apr 6, 2024 3:06 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:
HaroldinGMinor wrote:
Ha! No, I had no idea.

She looks different in all 3 photos. Surgery can be a hell of an addiction for some celebs.

There's also airbrushing, lighting, camera lens, makeup, etc. etc.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,824

Post#1367 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 8, 2024 3:43 am

Curb finale

Spoiler:
It was obvious all season they were going to do a Seinfeld style finale. I thought they did a pretty good job of parodying the original. Good to see Larry and Jerry together. Bittersweet seeing Richard Lewis in his final role.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,668

Post#1368 » by machu46 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:49 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:Went to see Late Night with the Devil last night and didn’t like it at all.

I enjoyed it quite a bit. Don't know if it'll be a horror movie that I go back to (not to mention it was barely a horror film for most of it), but I liked whatever it was. End was pretty jarring though.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
machu46
General Manager

Post#1369 » by machu46 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:50 pm

Really liked Three Body Problem as well. Hopefully we get more of it; I know some of the podcasters I listen to have been a little nervous it might get canned after one season.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,684

Post#1370 » by StickeeFingaz » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:09 pm

machu46 wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:Went to see Late Night with the Devil last night and didn’t like it at all.

I enjoyed it quite a bit. Don't know if it'll be a horror movie that I go back to (not to mention it was barely a horror film for most of it), but I liked whatever it was. End was pretty jarring though.

I think that was my problem, I went in expecting it to be a horror movie and it didn’t really feel like one. At the same time, I’m not a big late night show guy so the late night comedy fell flat for me also.
#FreeChuckDiesel
machu46
General Manager

Post#1371 » by machu46 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:10 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:
machu46 wrote:

I think that was my problem, I went in expecting it to be a horror movie and it didn’t really feel like one. At the same time, I’m not a big late night show guy so the late night comedy fell flat for me also.

Yeah I can totally see how that movie wouldn't work for you then.
machu46
General Manager

Post#1372 » by machu46 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:11 pm

One more movie take, I was deprived from movies growing up so I just watched Silence of the Lambs for the first time in my life. I think we might have something with this Anthony Hopkins guy.
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#1373 » by Mags FTW » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:23 pm

machu46 wrote:One more movie take, I was deprived from movies growing up so I just watched Silence of the Lambs for the first time in my life. I think we might have something with this Anthony Hopkins guy.

My guilty pleasure these days is watching those reaction videos where Gen Zs and Millenials watch 80s and 90s classics for the first time. That movie is one of my favorite reactions to watch, especially when their heads explode during the ambulance scene.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,916

Post#1374 » by buckboy » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:34 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Curb finale

Spoiler:
It was obvious all season they were going to do a Seinfeld style finale. I thought they did a pretty good job of parodying the original. Good to see Larry and Jerry together. Bittersweet seeing Richard Lewis in his final role.

Spoiler:
Echo your thoughts. It was meh but that's what I was expecting pretty much. Great show. Sorry it's over.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,184

Post#1375 » by DingleJerry » Mon Apr 8, 2024 6:08 pm

buckboy wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Echo your thoughts. It was meh but that's what I was expecting pretty much. Great show. Sorry it's over.

Spoiler:
Yea could tell they were going down that path all year and was curious how he'd play off it. There was a few things in the finale I didn't think were great, like the fake wife for sympathy, but overall it was fine and had a few good laughs. I did a rewatch of it all the last few months, great show and stayed pretty pretty good until the end. Finale wasn't great, wasn't bad.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1376 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:06 pm

DingleJerry wrote:
buckboy wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Yea could tell they were going down that path all year and was curious how he'd play off it. There was a few things in the finale I didn't think were great, like the fake wife for sympathy, but overall it was fine and had a few good laughs. I did a rewatch of it all the last few months, great show and stayed pretty pretty good until the end. Finale wasn't great, wasn't bad.

Spoiler:
It was so obvious since week 1 what the finale would be I thought maybe he would throw a curveball and do something different. But any ending would have had pros and cons
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM

Post#1377 » by HaroldinGMinor » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:37 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

I was gonna watch this show regardless, but now I'm really curious about this late season bait and switch. Might wait for the show to be over before I begin.

I really liked episode 1. But then again I am a sucker for any show where the protagonist is an emotionally damaged cop or PI.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM

Post#1378 » by HaroldinGMinor » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:38 pm

I guarantee Ripley on Netflix is too slow for many here but I love the look of it.
machu46
General Manager

Post#1379 » by machu46 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:45 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
machu46 wrote:One more movie take, I was deprived from movies growing up so I just watched Silence of the Lambs for the first time in my life. I think we might have something with this Anthony Hopkins guy.

My guilty pleasure these days is watching those reaction videos where Gen Zs and Millenials watch 80s and 90s classics for the first time. That movie is one of my favorite reactions to watch, especially when their heads explode during the ambulance scene.

Seriously, everyone obviously knows, but having finally watched it, damn what a movie that was. Hopkins really is something else. The whole cast is great.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1380 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:49 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:I guarantee Ripley on Netflix is too slow for many here but I love the look of it.

I watched the first episode, not sure if I'll watch the rest. It looks cool. But yeah it's really slow. I read the book and enjoyed it. I saw the movie (Matt Damon one) and enjoyed it. They've changed some stuff for this series and that's fine. But since I know the storyline I'll keep it on the back burner. They're saying this is a limited series. There are 5 books, I guess they have no plans to do the others.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks