And1: 1,874

Re: GIANNIS SIGNS 3 YEAR, $186 MILLION EXTENSION 

Post#301 » by Dick Tate » Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:57 am

CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,728

Post#302 » by CharityStripe34 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:57 am

A group of around 10-13 of us are driving nearly 4 hours to CLE on 12/29 to see the Bucks and Gianni. Just secured good tickets near the visitors bench and tunnel. Pumped. Neither team is on a B2B on either night too. Fingers crossed.

I've seen our boy play once in Toronto during the first Bud year. Game came down to the wire. Seeing Kawhi Leonard live he looked imposing. Gianni looked like an Ancient Greek marble statue next to him.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#303 » by drew881 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:41 pm

Dick Tate wrote:

6:22 Beasley congratulating Brook on the block instead of getting up court since they know Giannis is just going to do his thing.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,752

Post#304 » by emunney » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:10 pm

It's just amazing how many more options he has when he picks his dribble up below the FT line and not at full speed.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#305 » by greekbuck34 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:09 pm

emunney wrote:It's just amazing how many more options he has when he picks his dribble up below the FT line and not at full speed.

Switch Dame and Beasley with Jrue and whoever and Giannis is getting a triple team everytime he gets the ball at that spot.
The difference in spacing this season is enormous and its not only because of the level of shooting of those two players but also that they are able to fake, dribble and pullup too instead of the classic catch and shoot from their favourite spots so defenses, no matter how elite they are, can't gamble or drill and take everything out.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,704

Post#306 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:16 pm

Should make everyone realize how crazy it was that we had multiple Top-5 offenses with a Bledsoe/Brogdon, Jrue/Donte, and Jrue/Grayson backcourt. But that's also a testament to the offensive scheme that everyone mocked for years with "blue squares" and "play random".
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 886

Post#307 » by pifhluk23 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:18 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Should make everyone realize how crazy it was that we had multiple Top-5 offenses with a Bledsoe/Brogdon, Jrue/Donte, and Jrue/Grayson backcourt. But that's also a testament to the offensive scheme that everyone mocked for years with "blue squares" and "play random".

Top 5 offenses until the playoffs when teams actually tried.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,704

Post#308 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:27 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Should make everyone realize how crazy it was that we had multiple Top-5 offenses with a Bledsoe/Brogdon, Jrue/Donte, and Jrue/Grayson backcourt. But that's also a testament to the offensive scheme that everyone mocked for years with "blue squares" and "play random".

Top 5 offenses until the playoffs when Jrue/Bledsoe forgot how to put a basketball through the hoop.

Fixed
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,020

Post#309 » by German Athens » Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:51 pm

Also, should probably put in perspective how we pushed Boston to 7 with their current 5th option as our 2nd option in that series.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,340

Post#310 » by HKPackFan » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:36 pm

My buddy saw giannis today at target.

Took a quick selfie with him.

I mean he might be making $80 million per year between salary and endorsements but with 3 kids in diapers target probably still a good deal and Giannis doesn't miss out on good deals. :lol:
#FreeChuckDiesel
tntrost
Freshman
And1: 53

Post#311 » by tntrost » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:52 pm

HKPackFan wrote:My buddy saw giannis today at target.

I mean he might be making $80 million per year between salary and endorsements but with 3 kids in diapers target probably still a good deal and Giannis doesn't miss out on good deals. :lol:

The Bayshore one or the one on 124th & Capitol? We saw Holiday at the one on 124th last year.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,340

Post#312 » by HKPackFan » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:55 pm

tntrost wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:My buddy saw giannis today at target.

The Bayshore one or the one on 124th & Capitol? We saw Holiday at the one on 124th last year.

Bayshore town center
#FreeChuckDiesel
Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,215

Post#313 » by Chad34 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:52 pm

This Man is having an MVP season, watching this highlight compilation reminds me how much he is taken for granted.
He is the best and most dominant player on the planet. If Horst can fill a couple defensive gaps we should be easy favorites to win it all. Enjoy!
nagawicka
Pro Prospect
And1: 235

Post#314 » by nagawicka » Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:42 pm

rilamann wrote:I said it in the post game thread and I will say it again here, this incident is really exposing the people who simply just hated Giannis long before last night.

Agreed. It also confirmed the thoughts/critiques of Giannis fans who've been wanting to see him play smarter and within the teamscheme. Giannis played fantastic because he played within the flow of the offense, feeding his teammates, and not doing it all singlehandedly because his teammates were feeding him -- some of those spectacular sequences involved AJJ and the youngsters and I get the feeling we'll be seeing more of that
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,614

Post#315 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:53 pm

nagawicka wrote:
rilamann wrote:I said it in the post game thread and I will say it again here, this incident is really exposing the people who simply just hated Giannis long before last night.

Agreed. It also confirmed the thoughts/critiques of Giannis fans who've been wanting to see him play smarter and within the teamscheme. Giannis played fantastic because he played within the flow of the offense, feeding his teammates, and not doing it all singlehandedly because his teammates were feeding him -- some of those spectacular sequences involved AJJ and the youngsters and I get the feeling we'll be seeing more of that

New coaching has helped. People complained about Giannis playing PG, but we've added a simple action of Brook or Bobby simply screening there own man, and Giannis runs his defender in to the screened player, creating another screen, and ending with a dunk or layup. Giannis at PG remains phenomenal, yet no mention of this from the, "Giannis should never bring the ball up" crowd.

The fact that a 7' dude is the most productive pick and roll ballhandler in the league is mind blowing.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,957

Post#316 » by BUCKnation » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:49 pm

Anyone have stats on charges? Feel like he’s gotten way less this season, especially in the recent run.
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#317 » by greekbuck34 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:48 pm

BUCKnation wrote:Anyone have stats on charges? Feel like he’s gotten way less this season, especially in the recent run.

Yeah I want to check that too!
For the moment I found this one which is hilarious. :lol:

Read on Twitter
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
nagawicka
Pro Prospect
And1: 235

Post#318 » by nagawicka » Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:23 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
nagawicka wrote:

New coaching has helped. People complained about Giannis playing PG, but we've added a simple action of Brook or Bobby simply screening there own man, and Giannis runs his defender in to the screened player, creating another screen, and ending with a dunk or layup. Giannis at PG remains phenomenal, yet no mention of this from the, "Giannis should never bring the ball up" crowd.

The fact that a 7' dude is the most productive pick and roll ballhandler in the league is mind blowing.

Had me in the first half, ngl. That it's never a good idea for Giannis to 'play' point guard or bring the ball up is self-evident, as amply shown by this game (& the predictable results when he tries). It doesn't need to be said out loud. In-transition play in this game was not that. Running plays as you describe is not that. Giannis produced 64 because balanced ball movement and actual roles for others put him in a position to elevate at all the good things. Can't do that and 'play' point guard too. Outcomes for the past several years literally document G playing whatever does not work. To his great credit, Giannis attempted only 3 3-pointers in that game. Shot 0%, but his critics should be cool with that, given Giannis played in the flow w his guys.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,614

Post#319 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:33 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:
BUCKnation wrote:Anyone have stats on charges? Feel like he’s gotten way less this season, especially in the recent run.

Read on Twitter

Not gonna lie, I almost couldn't find Giannis hiding in the corner by himself.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,587

Post#320 » by Profound23 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:35 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Not gonna lie, I almost couldn't find Giannis hiding in the corner by himself.

Pretty good for an unskilled big man who is on the decline.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks