ImageImage

2024 NBA Draft Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,830

Re: 2024 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#81 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:49 pm

If they end up keeping #22, then Kevin McCullar is probably the best bet for grabbing an immediate impact rookie in the 20-30 range. You just have to hope as a 5th year senior, he's a legitimate late-bloomer as opposed to a mirage year guy, ala Chris Duarte.

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,831

Post#82 » by emunney » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:19 pm

This dude reminds me of Midds.

Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,112

Post#83 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:44 pm

Read on Twitter
emunney
RealGM

Post#84 » by emunney » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:22 pm

Stupid loser Pelicans
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,979

Post#85 » by Badgerlander » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:04 am

emunney wrote:BTW, didn't like Ron Holland as a prospective #1 overall pick, but if his stock has taken a Michael Porter-like hit and we could go up and get him, that'd be very good.

Or Cody Williams?
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,738

Post#86 » by msiris » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:55 pm

I hope we do not trade the picks away. Time to get younger and get rid some of the crappy vets.
Ride the tank
emunney
RealGM

Post#87 » by emunney » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:59 pm

Going to co-sign Ron on Kyshawn George. Give me that highly skilled late blooming 6-8 guard.
Mtsportsfan
Rookie
And1: 367

Post#88 » by Mtsportsfan » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:42 pm

After being hammered on the boards last night , give me a big that can play d and rebound! Don't follow college much anymore , anybody have a idea who would be available at that spot for us!
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,711

Post#89 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:05 pm

emunney wrote:Going to co-sign Ron on Kyshawn George. Give me that highly skilled late blooming 6-8 guard.

We'd have to move up to get him, but he's the guy. He's the late lottery steal, like SGA, Jalen Williams. He'll play earlier than expected too, because he can hit 3s.
Milwaukee'sBEST
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#90 » by Milwaukee'sBEST » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:05 am

Mtsportsfan wrote:After being hammered on the boards last night , give me a big that can play d and rebound! Don't follow college much anymore , anybody have a idea who would be available at that spot for us!

Daron Holmes II from Dayton would be ideal. 6'10 athletic big who provides rim protection, rebounding and can step out and score.

https://youtu.be/YrES_3MDdNo?si=fXw3iusSSvXqXA1Z
Turk Nowitzki wrote:I hope Dallas takes Elliot, he won't get them anywhere.

Keeping this in here to remind Turk how silly he is.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,711

Post#91 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:17 am

Milwaukee'sBEST wrote:
Mtsportsfan wrote:After being hammered on the boards last night , give me a big that can play d and rebound! Don't follow college much anymore , anybody have a idea who would be available at that spot for us!

Daron Holmes II from Dayton would be ideal. 6'10 athletic big who provides rim protection, rebounding and can step out and score.

I like his game, but I think that when he gets measured, it going to show that he's not a center. Still like him as a player though.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,979

Post#92 » by Badgerlander » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:01 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Milwaukee'sBEST wrote:

I like his game, but I think that when he gets measured, it going to show that he's not a center. Still like him as a player though.

Idk, athleticism didn’t stand out in the tourney game that I watched. Looked like length was all that he had, and not a good defender.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#93 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:08 pm

Hard pass on Holmes. The traditional, offense-first PF archetype will never be a good fit alongside Giannis. If he was a better defender and had actual Center length (7'0.5 wingspan) I'd be more interested, but the last thing this team needs is a Bobby clone.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,632

Post#94 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:14 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:If they end up keeping #22, then Kevin McCullar is probably the best bet for grabbing an immediate impact rookie in the 20-30 range. You just have to hope as a 5th year senior, he's a legitimate late-bloomer as opposed to a mirage year guy, ala Chris Duarte.

He seems like a really good decision maker with the ball.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#95 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:21 pm

Right now a couple mocks I've seen has Devin Carter falling to us at 23, then Jaylon Tyson/Dillon Jones both available at 33. That's the dream draft right there that fills both our biggest needs (big defensive-minded PG, and two versatile big wings that can handle the ball).
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,632

Post#96 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:27 pm

Wish I hadn't looked at the Kyshawn George tape. Now I'm just gonna be mad that we don't get him.

Who else should I look at to get mad about?
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,580

Post#97 » by RogerMurdock » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:04 pm

Karsenmitsche wrote:Way too early for draft talk but Ryan Dunn might be the wing answer. Extreme athleticism and probably the best defender in the draft. Projected to go mid 20s.

Pulling this over from the closed News thread.

Dunn is interesting and very well might be there when the Bucks pick in the first round. Outside shot that he'd be available for the second round, but probably not.

He certainly fits everyone's desire to get younger and more athletic. HOO BOY is he athletic and long. Ridiculous defender. Good kid and teammate, too.

The massive problem - and the reason he isn't a lottery pick - is that he has ZERO offensive game. None. Can't shoot, like really can't shoot. Magnitudes worse than Giannis. And for a guy who is as quick and athletic as he is, he has no handles, so he never puts the ball on the floor and drives to the basket. All of his points were on dunks, oops, putbacks, and layups. Even in situations where he got the ball a few feet from the basket, but was guarded, he had no ability to just put up a little shot off the glass or something. Runs the floor tremendously, but again, it's all to get dunks. If he got fouled on a transition attempt, he was making one free throw, max.

It was clearly a mental thing with him. His freshman year, he didn't get a ton of playing time, but did show some ability to hit threes and do more on offense. He supposedly had a good jumper in high school.

The good thing is, from reading some things he said after the season, he is well aware of his shortcomings and did admit it was a mental thing. Sounds like he's going to work really hard to improve his offensive game.

I honestly don't know what I would do if I were the Bucks and he's there at #23. He would be a wonderful addition with his elite athleticism, length, energy, and defensive skills. The kind of guy we need. But his complete absence of an offensive game would be tough to deal with. If he figures it out and becomes an adequate offensive player, he would be a steal in the late first round. Will be interesting to see how her performs at pre-draft camps, tryouts, etc.
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#98 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:19 pm

I love his versatility but I think Dunn is a legitimately unplayable guy on offense in the pros. Like, Jared Vanderbilt/Andre Roberson level. If he were younger I'd feel a bit different, but turns 22 during his rookie year and he's still that raw offensively? Yikes. You can't have both him and Andre in your rotation with Giannis still on the team.
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,580

Post#99 » by RogerMurdock » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:27 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I love his versatility but I think Dunn is a legitimately unplayable guy on offense in the pros. Like, Jared Vanderbilt/Andre Roberson level. If he were younger I'd feel a bit different, but turns 22 during his rookie year and he's still that raw offensively? Yikes. You can't have both him and Andre in your rotation with Giannis still on the team.

Agreed. He really is that bad on offense. Like I said, though, he knows that and believes it's a mental thing, so I'll be interested to see if he can shake some of that crud out of his system and regain that supposed "smooth stroke" he had in high school.
emunney
RealGM

Post#100 » by emunney » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:34 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:
Karsenmitsche wrote:Way too early for draft talk but Ryan Dunn might be the wing answer. Extreme athleticism and probably the best defender in the draft. Projected to go mid 20s.

Pulling this over from the closed News thread.

Dunn is interesting and very well might be there when the Bucks pick in the first round. Outside shot that he'd be available for the second round, but probably not.

He certainly fits everyone's desire to get younger and more athletic. HOO BOY is he athletic and long. Ridiculous defender. Good kid and teammate, too.

The massive problem - and the reason he isn't a lottery pick - is that he has ZERO offensive game. None. Can't shoot, like really can't shoot. Magnitudes worse than Giannis. And for a guy who is as quick and athletic as he is, he has no handles, so he never puts the ball on the floor and drives to the basket. All of his points were on dunks, oops, putbacks, and layups. Even in situations where he got the ball a few feet from the basket, but was guarded, he had no ability to just put up a little shot off the glass or something. Runs the floor tremendously, but again, it's all to get dunks. If he got fouled on a transition attempt, he was making one free throw, max.

It was clearly a mental thing with him. His freshman year, he didn't get a ton of playing time, but did show some ability to hit threes and do more on offense. He supposedly had a good jumper in high school.

The good thing is, from reading some things he said after the season, he is well aware of his shortcomings and did admit it was a mental thing. Sounds like he's going to work really hard to improve his offensive game.

I honestly don't know what I would do if I were the Bucks and he's there at #23. He would be a wonderful addition with his elite athleticism, length, energy, and defensive skills. The kind of guy we need. But his complete absence of an offensive game would be tough to deal with. If he figures it out and becomes an adequate offensive player, he would be a steal in the late first round. Will be interesting to see how her performs at pre-draft camps, tryouts, etc.

I think he fairs ok in comparison to a guy like Vanderbilt. I love the edge he plays with and of course the physical traits. Vanderbilt is more skilled, but it's not like he gets touches, so that difference probably doesn't matter much.

I also think we have to keep in mind that with guys like him, they don't need much skill to be effective. He can be an ehh ball handler and still kill guys off the dribble in a straight line because he's so long and explosive and aggressive at the rim.

I totally understand the concerns with him, but they wouldn't keep me from taking him in the lottery in this draft. He's a wow athlete and competitor. That can get you a long way.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks