ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

yb90
Senior
And1: 247

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#1941 » by yb90 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:03 am

Plossum wrote:I’m not convinced thybulle can shoot. It’s nice he’s been making some strides but we need a guy we can rely on in a Playoff series to knock down some open corner threes. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Not against getting Thybulle but not giving up a lot for him. Certainly not Bobby or Pat.

Bobby would be a no for me but Pat can go back to Portland.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,624

Post#1942 » by raferfenix » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:18 am

Keeping both Pat and Bobby was much less of a question when they both (and the entire team) played better defensively.

As it stands Connaughton has looked more like a “good vet to have around developing players and fan favorite active in the community” than the guy we relied on for a whole lot of critical minutes on both sides of the court who knocked down clutch shots deep in the playoffs.

From that vantage point Portland might also uniquely value Pat, and if we have to deal him, he might prefer to head back there too vs other situations.

Alternatively if the Bucks think Connaughton will be ready when it counts then Horst might see selling on Bobby as the move especially if it means getting the better player in Caruso vs Thybulle.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#1943 » by pifhluk23 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:19 am

Caruso is the safer choice, he doesn't make mistakes and he's got a ring already. I'd be glad to have either but if the price is the same I'd take Caruso easily.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,976

Post#1944 » by Plossum » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:27 am

I don’t get all the Pat naysayers. He does the same thing every year where he’s streaky af, we all get mad at him but come playoffs he’s rock solid and a guy we can rely to hit some open threes.

If the right deal is there for him I’m not against trading him, but he’s not a throwaway either. For Thurbulle? Meh I’d rather keep Pat. From what I’ve seen on Thybulle at Philly he’s near unplayable in the post season due to his offence. His defence is great but I’m not sure it’s worth the trade off of teams overloading on Giannis and Dame.
#LockUpChuck
crowhead76
Rookie
And1: 877

Post#1945 » by crowhead76 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:31 am

Plossum wrote:I’m not convinced thybulle can shoot. It’s nice he’s been making some strides but we need a guy we can rely on in a Playoff series to knock down some open corner threes. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Not against getting Thybulle but not giving up a lot for him. Certainly not Bobby or Pat.

Thybulle was unleashed a bit when he got to Portland, averaging about 4 attempts from 3 a game and shot 39% last year and is shooting 37% this year. He is a much better corner three shooter than Pat and an elite defender.
Dealing with people who exhibit the "smartest person in the room" syndrome can be a challenge. One approach is to listen their opinion while also encouraging open-mindedness. It's important to create an environment where all voices are valued.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,057

Post#1946 » by German Athens » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:39 am

Mke: Thybulle, Otto porter jr, Jaylin Williams
Okc: Bobby, Pat
Tor: Bertans, ‘24 Portland 2nd
Por: marjon, ‘24 lac 1st, Thad young
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,403

Post#1947 » by KidA24 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:33 am

crowhead76 wrote:

Thybulle was unleashed a bit when he got to Portland, averaging about 4 attempts from 3 a game and shot 39% last year and is shooting 37% this year. He is a much better corner three shooter than Pat and an elite defender.

Pat is at 40% from the corners this year. Thybull is at 44%.

The difference between them is two shots on the season.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,221

Post#1948 » by DingleJerry » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:02 am

I've been on the sacrifice some D to fix the playoff O side for years here. But we might've just accidentally overcorrected on that due to the unknown timing having them get Beasley and Dame. At this point, our O is so loaded I really don't think having a so-so O guy out there like Thybulle can stop it from being good. Dame/Giannis/Khris are just too good at offense. I still wouldn't want a complete blackhole out there like a big who can't shoot, but Thybulle seems passable on the 3s which will be wide open here, and of course the youth/athleticism will work on open court stuff and some slashing. Start him, Beas off the bench seems to make some sense to balance things a bit.

The other discussed options, Pat/Caruso, really aren't much more on O than Thybulle. Other than the Pat X factor of having been known reliable shooter in the playoffs, which I guess Caruso was 4 years ago too but in a bubble with no fans. Same cost sure I guess I'd take the vet in Caruso. But I'm guessing Thybulle goes for less, and doesn't demand a 1st which we don't really have. Then add in that he's fixed cost for the next two years
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
PANDEMONEUM
Analyst
And1: 404

Post#1949 » by PANDEMONEUM » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:50 am

moving Bobby creates a whole new issue. no backup big.
during the regular season, its a bigger issue than in the playoffs.
if G or Brolo miss any time for injury, we will really struggle not having any bigs.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,743

Post#1950 » by msiris » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:03 am

PANDEMONEUM wrote:moving Bobby creates a whole new issue. no backup big.
during the regular season, its a bigger issue than in the playoffs.
if G or Brolo miss any time for injury, we will really struggle not having any bigs.
Bobby has not been that good in the playoffs the last couple of years so it really doesn't matter someone gets hurt.
Ride the tank

Return to Milwaukee Bucks