Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas -Trade Deadline Thursday 2 pm CT

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,617

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas -Trade Deadline Thursday 2 pm CT 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:08 am

As we move towards the trade deadline the previous thread was about maxed out.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,740

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#2 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:55 am

Caruso, Hart, Donte, Thybule, Dunn, Mitchell, Green... Get that **** guard defender Horts and stop **** around.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#3 » by LuessiT » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:00 am

AussieBuck wrote:Caruso, Hart, Donte, Thybule, Dunn, Mitchell, Green... Get that **** guard defender Horts and stop **** around.

I've heard conflicting information but I think Hart is untradeable until summer because of the timing of his extension.
biggestballer
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#4 » by biggestballer » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:51 am

Hart is not tradable. Delon wright more gettable than Caruso and thybulle and his handle/passing would allow him to take the back up point minutes as well.

While any player is tradable, I cannot fathom people arguing for trading portis and lopez or for keeping connaughton.

Others on the wishlist: avdija (too many sfs on wizards) porter and McDaniels from raptors.

What does the board think about bringing back bledsoe? (Insert preemptive game fixing and domestic violence jokes here) Seriously, having watched some sharks games he definitely did not look washed or any slower.

Thoughts?
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,740

Post#5 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:46 pm

Would take any above average guard defender who can hit an open three.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,614

Post#6 » by Profound23 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:26 pm

The NBA where you play 4 games in 5 nights one week, then two games in 6 days the next.

Also, Cavs, Pistons, Pistons, Cavs, Cavs?

WTF NBA? What are we even doing here?
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#7 » by raferfenix » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:31 pm

So Beasley is both a highlight of the season so far as well as a core part of our problem defensively.

Even if we had a better coach than Grief the combo with Dame flanked by old man Khris was gonna be a turnstile.

But props to Malik. Whether or not AG gets himself fired midseason Horst has to make the Lillard follow up trade where Beasley cooks off the bench:

Milwaukee Bucks head coach Adrian Griffin loves what he’s seen out of Malik Beasley this season: “He’s having a phenomenal year. If you look at what he’s shooting, almost 48% from the three, he’s elite at what he does. I’m happy for a guy like him, it hasn’t been an easy road for him as far as sometimes I have him on the toughest player on the other side and he’s taking the toughest challenge. He’s doing the best he can, he holds it down. Giannis, Dame, and all those guys, they trust Beas on the floor and they look for him. We have to even do a better job of getting him some more looks because he’s shooting the ball at a high clip.”

https://www.talkbasket.net/177420-adrian-griffin-malik-beasley-is-having-a-phenomenal-year
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,761

Post#8 » by Matches Malone » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:51 pm

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,040

Post#9 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:12 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Will be good having close to a month to decide if he still has anything left in the tank. Huge difference on whether or not we can get 20+mpg of Jae at the 4. Makes trades with Pat/Bobby a lot more palatable. If not, we at least know that.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,651

Post#10 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:39 pm

raferfenix wrote:So Beasley is both a highlight of the season so far as well as a core part of our problem defensively.

Even if we had a better coach than Grief the combo with Dame flanked by old man Khris was gonna be a turnstile.

But props to Malik. Whether or not AG gets himself fired midseason Horst has to make the Lillard follow up trade where Beasley cooks off the bench:

Milwaukee Bucks head coach Adrian Griffin loves what he’s seen out of Malik Beasley this season: “He’s having a phenomenal year. If you look at what he’s shooting, almost 48% from the three, he’s elite at what he does. I’m happy for a guy like him, it hasn’t been an easy road for him as far as sometimes I have him on the toughest player on the other side and he’s taking the toughest challenge. He’s doing the best he can, he holds it down. Giannis, Dame, and all those guys, they trust Beas on the floor and they look for him. We have to even do a better job of getting him some more looks because he’s shooting the ball at a high clip.”

https://www.talkbasket.net/177420-adrian-griffin-malik-beasley-is-having-a-phenomenal-year

Bucks pumping up his trade value. They know he can't defend at playoff level, and they know his efficiency would crater if he played without the other stars.

This is why Beasley is getting 89% of the possessions with our big 4. It's the dream role, anyone would look good with them.

Someone overpays for a shooter at the deadline every year, and someone is about to overpay for Beasley.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,972

Post#11 » by soxperry » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:47 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
raferfenix wrote:So Beasley is both a highlight of the season so far as well as a core part of our problem defensively.

Bucks pumping up his trade value. They know he can't defend at playoff level, and they know his efficiency would crater if he played without the other stars.

This is why Beasley is getting 89% of the possessions with our big 4. It's the dream role, anyone would look good with them.

Someone overpays for a shooter at the deadline every year, and someone is about to overpay for Beasley.

Im just not convinced that a playoff contender would trade something for Beasley that is worth more to us than having him come off the bench and light it up. Plus, he doesn't make much for salary match purposes. If we think he would sulk over a bench role, though, then hes probably gotta go. He cant be starting come May.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,715

Post#12 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:03 pm

Lol, yes, we're the contending team that can use Beasley's elite skill and that's why he's been an absolute steal on a minimum contract.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,605

Post#13 » by JayMKE » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:11 pm

I don't think we know that Beasley's shooting would evaporate if he wasn't starting, we just can't have our backcourt being Lillard & Beasley at the same time. I agree that he's probably not worth much to another team being on 1 year min contract. Like I'm sure we could dump him and maybe pick up a future 2nd or something but I'm not seeing Horst being able to bring back a better fitting contributor so doesn't help us now.
FREE GIANNIS
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,287

Post#14 » by Finn » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:13 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:

Please tell me something as it's not clear from your posts - are you a fan of MB, especially his D, or not?
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Post#15 » by pifhluk23 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:13 pm

Definitely do not want to trade Beasley unless someone seriously overpays, just want a defensive guard so we can run different lineups in the playoffs.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,605

Post#16 » by aboveAverage » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:16 pm

It’s going to be really nice to see what our defense looks like with a serviceable SF/small ball PF in Jae.

We still desperately need a defensive guard at the deadline.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,605

Post#17 » by aboveAverage » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:17 pm

JayMKE wrote:I don't think we know that Beasley's shooting would evaporate if he wasn't starting, we just can't have our backcourt being Lillard & Beasley at the same time. I agree that he's probably not worth much to another team being on 1 year min contract. Like I'm sure we could dump him and maybe pick up a future 2nd or something but I'm not seeing Horst being able to bring back a better fitting contributor so doesn't help us now.

We need to try him out in the Brynn Forbes role once we get a defensive guard to take his starting spot.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,867

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Crowder Returns Wednesday 

Post#18 » by tydett » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:22 pm

Just how much do some folks think the Bucks can get in a trade for a guy on a veteran's minimum who will be an UFA next year? Beasley is here to stay, despite some of his warts.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#19 » by raferfenix » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:30 pm

I think Griffin's admiration for Beasley is authentic.

He's hung his hat (and our entire defensive strategy) on Malik becoming a plus defender too which certainly was a bold choice. That said, to AG's credit, Beasley has worked out better than even his biggest proponents would have predicted offensively.

The problem with considering a trade for him though is that since he's on a one year deal the team with his rights doesn't have much of an advantage over the competition. Unless he pulls a Bobby Portis and gives up serious money we don't have much of a chance to keep him, but I don't see another contender more in need of his services as a mercenary for this season than we are.

Rather I think Beasley's offensive punch projects to be so good off the bench that it makes Bobby and Pat's contributions there less important if only in the short run.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,972

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Crowder Returns Wednesday 

Post#20 » by soxperry » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:32 pm

Kind of a hassle to post all the stats, but i dug up the latest defensive numbers on cleaning the glass and bball index. Here's a general summary that compares the three main defensive targets (imo)

Caruso: Elite DLEBRON rating (last year was even more insane), elite block and steal rates but below average in foul rate, elite O reb but subpar def reb rate.

Thybulle: Down in DLEBRON compared to past seasons but still pretty good, elite block and steal, elite foul rate, very poor rebound rates

Konchar: Elite DLebron (higher than Caruso), elite blk, near elite stl, exceptional foul rate, elite rebounding.

Curveball prospect: Jalen Johnson (atl), a 6'9 sf who is shooting 40% from 3 and 60% on 2s (probably a lot of lobs tbh) elite DLebron, very solid in blk/stl rates with above average foul rate, average O reb, elite def reb. He was picked 20th overall so maybe they dont trade him but hes an intriguing player.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks