ImageImage

PG Cavs: Bucks Run out of gas (in the first minute)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,678

Re: PG Cavs: Bucks Run out of gas (in the first minute) 

Post#121 » by BroncoBuck » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:19 pm

Daver wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:
Daver wrote:

How can you say the D wasnt tbe problem vs miami ffs the heat averaged what 110 a game or so during the RS n i think thats high.They averaged over 120 a gsme vs the bucks.In fact it was mentioned during that series that miami had more games of 120 or more in that series along thsn during the RS.That series was lost because of the garbage D they playes( agreed O sucked to as did giannis FT shooting game 5)

Did you not read the post?

I did you said after that highlighted sentence that buds D wasnt bad im saying if buds D didnt suck agsinst boston in 22 or if he made any sort of D adjustment they probably beat boston without midds.
He had 2 players tell him to get his head out of his ass when it came to the D side of the ball.Yes its much better than the sh.. show we are seeing now but i think its way more scheme thsn personal

It wasn’t the defense against Boston, it was the inability to close out Game 6. If they had Dame Game 6 they win and it’s over.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,411

Post#122 » by randy84 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:59 pm

FrieAaron wrote:
Daver wrote:If it was anyother coach not named bud n his pissed away 3 #1 seeds gagged away at least 2 trips to the ECFs won 1 chip with alot of luck along the way only to lose to a 8 seed in tbe 1st round no one would be clamouring for that person back.

Did that same coach have to deal with no Khris for the entire series against Boston, an injured Giannis 11 minutes into game 1 and a championship three seasons ago? I'd still probably not be super excited about firing him.

No kidding. We just saw against the Cavs what Grief can do without Giannis. As for the record being the same as last year, would be curious what the record is without Dame's last second heroics and missing Middleton all year.

At least Celtics are using Jrue in the proper role as the 4th or 5th guy instead of a 2 like Bud had to.
nagawicka
Pro Prospect
And1: 235

Post#123 » by nagawicka » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:42 pm

FrieAaron wrote:
Daver wrote:If it was anyother coach not named bud n his pissed away 3 #1 seeds gagged away at least 2 trips to the ECFs won 1 chip with alot of luck along the way only to lose to a 8 seed in tbe 1st round no one would be clamouring for that person back.

Did that same coach have to deal with no Khris for the entire series against Boston, an injured Giannis 11 minutes into game 1 and a championship three seasons ago? I'd still probably not be super excited about firing him.

Excuses don't make us a championship team that 'woulda' won another title 'if only we had Midds'. Bullocks. We had a roster that rose to the occasion big time w/ Giannis out, Midds out. Bud had PLENTY to work with and chose to go with what hadn't been proven out and wasn't likely to win out. We don't get to say 'Title was really ours, Midds was out, woulda woulda won'. Naaahh, we had what it takes, and misplayed it. Khris was no factor in or out, you have to play with what you have and Bud bears the weight of not using the guys he had at his disposal that had risen to the challenge for him all season.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,173

Post#124 » by FrieAaron » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:50 pm

nagawicka wrote: We don't get to say 'Title was really ours, Midds was out, woulda woulda won'.

Fortunately for me that's not what I said. I've pretty always consistently said that I never thought our roster was "should win multiple titles" level. Take out one of our max players and it certainly wasn't. This year is probably the best roster we've ever had.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,712

Post#125 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:50 pm

To act like we actually underachieved during the Bud era continues to be some of the most insane **** I ever see typed on this forum.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,001

Post#126 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:58 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:To act like we actually underachieved during the Bud era continues to be some of the most insane **** I ever see typed on this forum.

Agree, with the condition that due to injuries in multiple playoff runs they actually did. But that had nothing to do with Budenholzer.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,173

Post#127 » by FrieAaron » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:01 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:To act like we actually underachieved during the Bud era continues to be some of the most insane **** I ever see typed on this forum.

Agree, with the condition that due to injuries in multiple playoff runs they actually did. But that had nothing to do with Budenholzer.

Even taking out injuries, which obviously I agree played a factor, by the same metric what contending team in the NBA has not underachieved over the previous five seasons?
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,166

Post#128 » by JEIS » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:05 pm

Return to Milwaukee Bucks