OT: General Off Topic Thread [NO Politics, Race, Religion, etc.]

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,034

Re: OT: General Off Topic Thread [NO Politics, Race, Religion, etc.] 

Post#221 » by midranger » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:37 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:Just survived a re-org where about half my department got laid off, including my team lead. Running through the gamut of emotions about the whole thing.

Had this a couple months ago; needed to push through the survivor's guilt. Someone here said something to the effect of 'you're still there for a reason,' and I'm not sure that's true, but it helped to try and remind myself of that.

AI man. AI.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,376

Post#222 » by MoreTrife » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:37 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
KidA24 wrote:
MoreTrife wrote:I'm getting tired of my podcasts - feel like all I listen to are celebrities (actors, comedians, sports people) talking to other celebrities.

Any interesting podcasts to recommend? I'd prefer non-fiction (though I have enjoyed the Magnus Archives that someone on here recommended).
I love Hardcore History but have listened to them and not always in the mood for something that heavy.
I really loved Lost Debate podcast (and it's still decent) but the format changed a bit.
THANKS!

Have you listened to the Dollop? Yes, it's comedy, but it is also real events from American history.
The Dollop about the 1904 Olympic Marathon is absolutely hilarious.

It's really specific but if you listen to hardcore history this might be in your wheelhouse: The Ancient World https://ancientworldpodcast.com/

The host is good and it's really interesting if you like an ancient history.

I also really like The Great Courses lecture series. You can likely find them for free on Libby if you belong to a library with a decent audio archive. I think some are also available for free on Audible if you're a member.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app

Loving the Dollop, thanks!! The soulcycle one is also good.

I see Gareth Edwards is in West bend of all places on April 5th. Think it's worth it??
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,315

Post#223 » by KidA24 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:50 am

MoreTrife wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
KidA24 wrote:
Have you listened to the Dollop? Yes, it's comedy, but it is also real events from American history.
The Dollop about the 1904 Olympic Marathon is absolutely hilarious.

It's really specific but if you listen to hardcore history this might be in your wheelhouse: The Ancient World https://ancientworldpodcast.com/

The host is good and it's really interesting if you like an ancient history.

I also really like The Great Courses lecture series. You can likely find them for free on Libby if you belong to a library with a decent audio archive. I think some are also available for free on Audible if you're a member.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app

Loving the Dollop, thanks!! The soulcycle one is also good.

I see Gareth Edwards is in West bend of all places on April 5th. Think it's worth it??

Gareth Reynolds*

He's actually from Wisconsin.

https://youtu.be/9ZVgbljHtxM?si=bvbKCtWYjdAQx4rE
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,073

Post#224 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Mar 1, 2024 4:29 am

Read on Twitter

Absolute legends.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Post#225 » by Mags FTW » Sun Mar 3, 2024 2:01 am

This is hilarious.

Read on Twitter
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#226 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Mar 3, 2024 10:17 pm

Read on Twitter

Serious question: how does something like this happen? Blizzards don't just pop up out of nowhere. This wasn't predicted?
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,335

Post#227 » by crkone » Sun Mar 3, 2024 11:55 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Serious question: how does something like this happen? Blizzards don't just pop up out of nowhere. This wasn't predicted?
I'm guessing CHP closed the road while they were on it, chains and everything. There's no detour either, other than 50.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Post#228 » by trwi7 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:36 pm

Dear parents, you know sometimes it’s okay to tell your kids that they suck.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=UJhNXg72VKs0i018URopUg
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,679

Post#229 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:41 pm

trwi7 wrote:Dear parents, you know sometimes it’s okay to tell your kids that they suck.

Read on Twitter

It honestly kinda feels like some form of child abuse tbh. Like they're in on the joke/meme and just keep it going because it's getting attention and maybe some (or hopes for some) cash. Because this is a thing, not her first performance.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#230 » by buckboy » Tue Mar 5, 2024 2:42 pm

trwi7 wrote:Dear parents, you know sometimes it’s okay to tell your kids that they suck.

Read on Twitter

I made it to "stars".
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,592

Post#231 » by JayMKE » Wed Mar 6, 2024 1:04 am

Stomach flu has been fun bleh
FREE GIANNIS
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#232 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Mar 7, 2024 1:56 am

Target is launching a Prime competitor. Kinda.

Target is launching Target Circle 360, a $99 annual subscription that will offer free, unlimited delivery and rush shipping on online orders. First announced during Target’s earnings call on Tuesday, the new plan will rival similar offerings by Walmart and Amazon that axe shipping costs for an annual fee. Target Circle 360 members will receive free two-day shipping and free same-day delivery on orders $35 and up. The plan will debut on April 7, and will be priced at $49 until May 18 as a launch promotion.

This isn’t Target’s first entry into paid subscriptions. In fact, Target Circle 360 doesn’t appear to be a new plan as much as a rebranding and upgrade of its current delivery offerings. Shipt, which is owned by Target, already offers free same-day delivery (with local delivery drivers) from nearby Target stores for $99 a year. Target.com also currently offers free two-day shipping for online orders of $35 and more, no subscription needed. The new Target Circle 360 plan appears to combine the Shipt membership and free two-day shipping — but no order minimums. So for Target lovers who already subscribe to Shipt, the new $99 plan won’t be too different. Target Circle 360 will also include access to the Shipt Marketplace, which means free delivery from other stores too.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,679

Post#233 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Mar 7, 2024 2:05 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Target is launching a Prime competitor. Kinda.

Target is launching Target Circle 360, a $99 annual subscription that will offer free, unlimited delivery and rush shipping on online orders. First announced during Target’s earnings call on Tuesday, the new plan will rival similar offerings by Walmart and Amazon that axe shipping costs for an annual fee. Target Circle 360 members will receive free two-day shipping and free same-day delivery on orders $35 and up. The plan will debut on April 7, and will be priced at $49 until May 18 as a launch promotion.

This isn’t Target’s first entry into paid subscriptions. In fact, Target Circle 360 doesn’t appear to be a new plan as much as a rebranding and upgrade of its current delivery offerings. Shipt, which is owned by Target, already offers free same-day delivery (with local delivery drivers) from nearby Target stores for $99 a year. Target.com also currently offers free two-day shipping for online orders of $35 and more, no subscription needed. The new Target Circle 360 plan appears to combine the Shipt membership and free two-day shipping — but no order minimums. So for Target lovers who already subscribe to Shipt, the new $99 plan won’t be too different. Target Circle 360 will also include access to the Shipt Marketplace, which means free delivery from other stores too.

I just hope it doesn't lead to them selling a bunch of trash-quality and fake crap, which is so rampant on Amazon it can literally be hard to find anything else. I don't shop on Amazon, and I shop at Target quite a bit; I don't want to have to move on from Target.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,498

Post#234 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Mar 7, 2024 2:50 am

I hate Walmart and never spend a dime with them. Amazon sucks too, as Mike said, so much crap fake stuff, I avoid it.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#235 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Mar 7, 2024 2:56 am

For kitchen stuff I need literally right now I use Target. It's somehow still fairly regularly. Big electronic purchases I go to Best Buy since I have their card and the bonuses have been surprisingly solid, and again, when I want something I usually want it right now. Both those places I get the stuff within minutes.

But I use Amazon weekly, all the time. I'll probably never not have Prime. I feel bad for the mailman.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,498

Post#236 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Mar 7, 2024 3:10 am

Virtually all of my Prime deliveries have been by Amazon, rarely by USPS. It's cool I can often get same day but I still only use them if necessary.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#237 » by Licensed to Il » Thu Mar 7, 2024 4:03 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

I lived in the Rockies for four years. A couple reasons this happens:

- there are no alternative routes, just like, one way north or to the neighboring state
- it’s always snowing, 8 months a year
- if you alter your plans due to weather, you won’t be able to function like a normal employee or person
- snow chains and heavy duty 4x4s work 90% of the time
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#238 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Mar 7, 2024 4:04 am

Licensed to Il wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

I lived in the Rockies for four years. A couple reasons this happens:

- there are no alternative routes, just like, one way north or to the neighboring state
- it’s always snowing, 8 months a year
- if you alter your plans due to weather, you won’t be able to function like a normal employee or person
- snow chains and heavy duty 4x4s work 90% of the time

Thanks. I honestly really had no idea.
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 996

Post#239 » by Ryan5UW » Thu Mar 7, 2024 6:08 am

ReasonablySober wrote:For kitchen stuff I need literally right now I use Target. It's somehow still fairly regularly. Big electronic purchases I go to Best Buy since I have their card and the bonuses have been surprisingly solid, and again, when I want something I usually want it right now. Both those places I get the stuff within minutes.

But I use Amazon weekly, all the time. I'll probably never not have Prime. I feel bad for the mailman.

I’m exactly the same. I’ve been taking advantage of the digital rewards they give you for picking later delivery dates. I got like 2 dozen books and this years copy of Turbo Tax all for free :lol:
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,329

Post#240 » by jute2003 » Thu Mar 7, 2024 2:12 pm

Amazon and Walmart are gross. Hopefully the race to the bottom doesn't pull target down there with them.
only a fan, only an opinion

Return to Milwaukee Bucks