Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,502

Re: OT: General Off Topic Thread [NO Politics, Race, Religion, etc.] 

Post#241 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Mar 7, 2024 6:11 pm

Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson in July, broadcast live on Netflix :lol:
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,056

Post#242 » by humanrefutation » Sat Mar 9, 2024 12:41 am

Wow, Joshua put Ngannou to sleep. Just destroyed him.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#243 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Mar 9, 2024 1:01 am

humanrefutation wrote:Wow, Joshua put Ngannou to sleep. Just destroyed him.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,018

Post#244 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:19 am

I don't know if it's possible, but I'd love to see the state hs bball tournament fixed.

Wisconsin Lutheran is the best team in the state and is division 2.

DePere and Arrowhead played a section final today and are probably the best D1 teams in the state, and now DePere is knocked out.

Pewaukee is very good and should compete for the overall state title, despite being division 2.

Thomas Moore is very good and division 3.

It would be awesome to have the best teams despite size compete in the state tournament.
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,904

Post#245 » by jschligs » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:45 pm

I lost my best friend yesterday. My heart is heavy. I'm broken. I was talking to him no less than 12 hours before I heard the news. He was only 33. We talked every day. We gamed every night. We golfed all summer and went to Bucks games together all winter. I'm an absolute wreck. I honestly don't know why I'm posting it here I just needed to speak about it. I can't stop crying.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#246 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:54 pm

jschligs wrote:I lost my best friend yesterday. My heart is heavy. I'm broken. I was talking to him no less than 12 hours before I heard the news. He was only 33. We talked every day. We gamed every night. We golfed all summer and went to Bucks games together all winter. I'm an absolute wreck. I honestly don't know why I'm posting it here I just needed to speak about it. I can't stop crying.

Holy cow, that's brutal. Hang in there. :(
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,752

Post#247 » by emunney » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:28 pm

jschligs wrote:I lost my best friend yesterday. My heart is heavy. I'm broken. I was talking to him no less than 12 hours before I heard the news. He was only 33. We talked every day. We gamed every night. We golfed all summer and went to Bucks games together all winter. I'm an absolute wreck. I honestly don't know why I'm posting it here I just needed to speak about it. I can't stop crying.

God, I'm so sorry, man. Be gracious with yourself. I'm really glad you shared this, this is an awful awful thing, and far worse if you try to go it alone. Lean on everybody you can lean on.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,172

Post#248 » by DingleJerry » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:36 pm

0BobLobLaw0 wrote:I don't know if it's possible, but I'd love to see the state hs bball tournament fixed.

Wisconsin Lutheran is the best team in the state and is division 2.

DePere and Arrowhead played a section final today and are probably the best D1 teams in the state, and now DePere is knocked out.

Pewaukee is very good and should compete for the overall state title, despite being division 2.

Thomas Moore is very good and division 3.

It would be awesome to have the best teams despite size compete in the state tournament.

Well there isn't much that can be done about the regional aspect if best teams happen to be in the same area. They're just not gonna have it work to have massive traveling in the first rounds. At least they've added the seeding now, if you remember years and years ago it was just randomized in each region so the two best teams might play 1st rd. When I was in HS this happened to us and we lost(both teams were like 22-2), the team that beat us I think got state runner up. In the current system we'd have at least had 2-3 games before playing them, but regardless eventually we would've had to beat them and they won so result is the same.

Also, they did add a rule in the last few years that will affect this but imo it was kind of dumb how they did it. Essentially the idea is once a team starts winning a lot in one division they'll get moved up after 2-3 years of being good. Problem is due to HS kids graduating once they're good for 2-3 years that batch of kids is usually gone so now the next group will get punished being up a division. This rule should've been targeted at the private schools specifically to make them move up a level. If a normal public school town just does well it doesn't make sense to punish them, thats the way its supposed to be.

Also, I'm assuming you're looking at it from more of a fan/observer perspective. I would assume Div 2 team that won would have preferred to stay in D2 rather than pushed up to 1 making it much harder and unlikely to win. For example, Waunakee football (who dominates D2 (i think, maybe D3) was forced to go up to the next level just due to how attendance numbers fell one year. They were not happy about it and they lost. I don't think that town has been clamoring for the last 20 years to move up to D1 which would essentially kill or massively reduce their chances of winning state. I noticed in girls hoops this year the team that won D5 last year was forced to go up to D4 (not sure if it was the new rule or attendance) and they lost in the final four. I bet to start the year they were ticked they had to go up and are just as mad now that they didn't win when chances are they would've won in D5. But, they were private so they kind of deserve it.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#249 » by buckboy » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:55 pm

So sorry man. I lost a brother when I was young. Time and talking are the only things that helped me. I still think about him every day 40 years later.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,928

Post#250 » by stellation » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:02 pm

I feel for you, brother.
#FreeChuckDiesel
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,729

Post#251 » by AussieBuck » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:47 pm

Look after yourself brother. I suspect I never mentioned it here but I had a horrible family death at the end of 2020. I did use this place as therapy though in my own way. Good sorts on here and we care for you even if we haven't met in person and might be half a planet away.

Keep talking is my advice, probably even when you don't feel like it.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,073

Post#252 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:37 pm

Extremely sorry for your loss, friend. Hang in there and take care of yourself.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#253 » by Jez2983 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:55 pm

So sorry mate. We are all here for you. Hopefully you can use the banal stuff we discuss here as a bit of a distraction.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,946

Post#254 » by stillgotgame » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:34 am

So sorry for your loss man. Hang in there. I lost my brother near that age. Pain was beyond belief. Let it out. Keep fighting.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,317

Post#255 » by KidA24 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:56 am

I can't say anything that will help, but please remember, you have friends. You have realgm. Your loss is awful, but you need to take care of yourself, you need to survive.

If either of those things ever waver in the next few months, post here, pm me, whatever.

Your support system is way larger than you'd ever imagine, now is the time to utilize it
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,035

Post#256 » by RiotPunch » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:31 am

So incredibly sorry, man. Truly. I have lost several good buddies over the past decade, which is not a thing you expect to have to deal with in your thirties. For me, it felt like that last bit of innocence lost. Just replaying old memories in my head and wishing for one last hang. It is brutal and unfair, but he lives on with you talking about him and your stories of him. Value your dreams as well, he will visit. I am not a spiritual guy, but my fallen buddies visit me often, and it is always beautiful when it happens, although painful as well.

Above all else, just remember that as unfair as life can be, you are still here, and you have a network of people that care about you more than you could ever know. Tell his story, make him proud, keep **** fighting. All love, brother.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,738

Post#257 » by TroyD92 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:33 pm

Devastating. I've lost two friends in accidents over the last 10 years and it never really heals, but do what you need to take care of yourself. Feel free to reach out to any of us i'm sure.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,073

Post#258 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:13 am

I've got a rack of dumbells, a bench, and I'm looking for a full body workout program. I'm hopping on a stationary bike a few times a week, but I'd like to put the weights and bench to use. Fat loss would be the goal.

Any one of you greek gods and fitness wonders wanna set me on a good path?
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,530

Post#259 » by RogerMurdock » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:09 pm

I'm sorry.

I lost my best friend five years ago this summer at 42. It wasn't sudden - he had cancer - but it was still obviously terrible. And his actual death came as a surprise to me. I hadn't talked to him in a little while - the last thing he told me was that he had been in the hospital because things had taken a bad turn (there were a couple stretches where he was doing "ok," even though he knew it was a terminal diagnosis). I was about to plan a visit, but decided to give him some space and just told him to call/text me any time if he wanted to talk.

Three weeks later, he was gone. I came home from picking my kid up from practice and my wife was crying. She had just gotten off the phone with his wife. Apparently, he had decided to stop treatment and didn't tell me because he knew I'd rush home and he didn't want me to see him like that.

I still think about him every day. Sometimes he appears in my dreams and we talk. Obviously I know it's just a dream, but it's nice. It's cliche, but even though you'll never get over it completely, time does heal. My dog also died two weeks before my friend, so that was a bad month.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,054

Post#260 » by Siefer » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:48 pm

I'm so sorry, man. Keep moving, keep talking, and lean on anyone that will offer a shoulder.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks