ImageImage

OT: General Off Topic Thread [NO Politics, Race, Religion, etc.]

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Re: OT: General Off Topic Thread [NO Politics, Race, Religion, etc.] 

Post#301 » by buckboy » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:29 am

Sitting here in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee wondering why in the hell people like it here other than the obvious (the views, the hiking).

Cramming 300,000 people in an area where 30% of that belong seems dumb.

Capitalism run amok.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,034

Post#302 » by midranger » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:14 am

buckboy wrote:Sitting here in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee wondering why in the hell people like it here other than the obvious (the views, the hiking).

Capitalism run amok.

It’s the Dells on steroids. Kid/adult playground. Not my thing personally, but I had fun zip lining and hiking with the kids. However, Anakeesta was one of the coolest spots I’ve been. That’s a great park for both kids and adults. The night walk with the light show was wild. We’ll worth it.

I hope you’re staying in one of those huge private rentals with a theater room and a pool in the basement on the mountain side. I could see how staying in downtown pigeon forge would be overstimulating
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
buckboy
RealGM

Post#303 » by buckboy » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:29 pm

midranger wrote:
buckboy wrote:Sitting here in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee wondering why in the hell people like it here other than the obvious (the views, the hiking).

Capitalism run amok.

It’s the Dells on steroids. Kid/adult playground. Not my thing personally, but I had fun zip lining and hiking with the kids. However, Anakeesta was one of the coolest spots I’ve been. That’s a great park for both kids and adults. The night walk with the light show was wild. We’ll worth it.

I hope you’re staying in one of those huge private rentals with a theater room and a pool in the basement on the mountain side. I could see how staying in downtown pigeon forge would be overstimulating

Not quite what you described but a nice house with a nice view

I didn't want to leave the house other than to go to the parks after one day.

I won't be back.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Post#304 » by trwi7 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:31 am

Capitalism run amok.

North Carolina side of the Smokies >>> Tennessee side. If I ever go that way from Nashville again, I'm stopping in Knoxville and not going any further East.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#305 » by ReginaldDwight » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:35 am

trwi7 wrote:

Capitalism run amok.

North Carolina side of the Smokies >>> Tennessee side. If I ever go that way from Nashville again, I'm stopping in Knoxville and not going any further East.

Id like to do NC smokies, but feels like driving would be the way instead of flying.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Post#306 » by trwi7 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:40 am

ReginaldDwight wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

Capitalism run amok.

Id like to do NC smokies, but feels like driving would be the way instead of flying.

I've never driven in from the NC side but flying into Charlotte and driving to the Smokies is faster than flying into Nashville and driving in. Don't know what the traffic is like on the NC side but the traffic on the Tennessee side into the Smokies is horribad.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#307 » by ReginaldDwight » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:41 am

trwi7 wrote:
ReginaldDwight wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

I've never driven in from the NC side but flying into Charlotte and driving to the Smokies is faster than flying into Nashville and driving in. Don't know what the traffic is like on the NC side but the traffic on the Tennessee side into the Smokies is horribad.

Id probably haul the mountain bike with from wisconsin, seems like there would be some good rides around there. Ive done Denver to Milwaukee in one day so my penchant for long drives is pretty solid.
buckboy
RealGM

Post#308 » by buckboy » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:48 am

We drove in from Cincinnati and I highly don't recommend it.

Horse farms on the way.

Edit: Which is why we drove in from Cincinnati instead of Nashville
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,957

Post#309 » by BUCKnation » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:14 am

Asheville area is pretty awesome
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,329

Post#310 » by jute2003 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:17 pm

I've driven down through that area many times. Illinois and Indiana are awful but basically as soon as you cross into Kentucky, it's a decent drive. I like the horse farms and old tobacco sheds.
only a fan, only an opinion
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,680

Post#311 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:57 pm

I did Madison <> Athens (GA) a dozen times when I lived down there, all but one trip in a day. Different drive than from Cinicinnati of course, but probably the way you'd get to PF (agree - avoid) from Madison. Nashville area definitely is the worst for traffic; Illinois (you basically drive it North-to-South) is by far the most boring.

Driving in TN is otherwise pretty fun. First time driving down a mountain was white-knuckle. Really pretty, though. There's basically only one good way to get from Nashville to Chattanooga, though, and it's a 4-lane road which was always a pain in the ass.

Agree Asheville area rocks. Worth the trek over there, and driving through the Blue Ridge Mountains is A+.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,074

Post#312 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 am

Read on Twitter

Yea, I'm 100% in favor of outlawing prop bets.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,592

Post#313 » by JayMKE » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 am

cold kicking my ass :cry:
FREE GIANNIS
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,752

Post#314 » by emunney » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 pm

midranger wrote:

Capitalism run amok.

I was out this way last summer to visit my inlaws, who are RV people. It's an insane place, but lots to do for the kids, mountains for me. Wouldn't be my first choice but I'd take it over Disney in a heartbeat.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,054

Post#315 » by Siefer » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 pm

For my birthday we're road tripping to my friend's place near Cincinnati for the eclipse. Very cool birthday gift.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#316 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 pm

Vietnamese coffee: how did none of you tell me about this before!?! It's the best cup I've ever had.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,317

Post#317 » by KidA24 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Vietnamese coffee: how did none of you tell me about this before!?! It's the best cup I've ever had.

Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,140

Post#318 » by FrieAaron » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Vietnamese coffee: how did none of you tell me about this before!?! It's the best cup I've ever had.

A quick google search looks like it's just the beans and then condensed milk? Where did you get it? Sounds interesting.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#319 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:55 pm

FrieAaron wrote:

A quick google search looks like it's just the beans and then condensed milk? Where did you get it? Sounds interesting.

I ordered this coffee, which was the recommended brand (honestly really good without the condensed milk, it'll be my new go-to), and these filters. I got the big 15 ounce versions but smaller 6-8 oz is traditional.
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,286

Post#320 » by Finn » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:10 pm

Start of the Frozen Four has been great. And hockey is easily the best spectator sport.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks