ImageImage

PG Utah: Bucks run out of gas

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,946

Re: PG Utah: Bucks run out of gas 

Post#121 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Feb 5, 2024 5:45 pm

Still mad at the ridiculous scheduling. I guess credit to them not doing it but the Bucks were absolutely being incentivized to punt that game last night and because they didnt they're probably going to pay for it against the Suns tomorrow. The NBA does not care about their players for a second.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,032

Post#122 » by German Athens » Mon Feb 5, 2024 6:18 pm

Bobby also isn’t very good in the dunker spot either. He’s 6’10” but he struggles to get the ball over the rim off one step.

Get an athletic big who can defend, and they’ll also probably be better in that spot offensively, too.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,446

Post#123 » by GoldenAntlers » Mon Feb 5, 2024 6:25 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

:confused:
Uhm

Uhm......

UHM!!!!!!!!!

Really, Doc? For Christ's sake.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,879

Post#124 » by Dick Tate » Mon Feb 5, 2024 6:38 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Uhm

Uhm......

UHM!!!!!!!!!

That's the reality if Bobby gets moved.
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,287

Post#125 » by Finn » Mon Feb 5, 2024 8:43 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Nate and Danny did a recap of the game.

-noted Olynyk coming in to run the offense was what changed the game around. Was spacing the floor, allowing them to drive.

-said Dunn did a great job blanketing Dame

-were glad Beasley only got a tech for body checking Sexton. Said Sexton did a complete acting job, pretending he was knocked over.

No ****. He was bumped in one direction & flopped in the opposite direction. Should have gotten a penalty. What an ass.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,729

Post#126 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Feb 5, 2024 9:00 pm

The fact that Sexton wasn't given a technical for either A) taunting a dude he just elbowed in the face, or B) flopping on the Beasley "hit" pretty much sums up the officiating last night. Truly embarrassing display.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,583

Post#127 » by Frank Nova » Mon Feb 5, 2024 9:27 pm

The refs were absolute garbage but losing the 4th quarter 40-13 is just a monumental collapse. Blowing a double digit lead to lose by double digits in just 12mins is just ridiculous.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 868

Post#128 » by Epicurus » Mon Feb 5, 2024 10:33 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Uhm

Uhm......

UHM!!!!!!!!!

Well, beyond rotation fill, R. Lopez was once an effective blocker (screens and pics) for Lillard, both when Dame had thee ball and didn't have it. Later Nurkic also was a bone crushing blocker for Dame and more than decent on the roll. Hell, even Meyers Leonard was an useful blocker and occasionally good on thee pic an pop (but mostly held the damn ball too long). My point here is that I have not seen much effectively blocking for Lillard, with and without the ball. I see some wishy brush,slip blocks, but little to give him extra steps from a defender, like he got with the Blazers.

I also see too many times when Dame is virtually ignored once he passes off, often despite his near begging for a return pass. With Portland the defender(s) on Lillard could not relax or move to front court defense. In my opinion, Dame is not being used that well. I think good offensive thinking can allow him the assistance for his incredible offensive skills he displayed consistently in Portland , while not subtracting from the proven talents of the others.

Lillard's offense is optimized by his having freedom and confidence in his use of that freedom. It works and did with not as good of supporting cast on the floor with him.
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,506

Post#129 » by Milbucks96 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 10:43 pm

I refuse to give Dame the excuse of on court stuff like his role, scheme, lineups etc… he just hasn’t been consistent no matter what we do.

I do understand that his family situation is rightfully causing him a lot of problems and understand that it’s probably 90% of the reason we haven’t seen the Dame we thought we were going to see. Hearing how he’s talked about it, I doubt we will get that version of him anytime soon either.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,912

Post#130 » by Fotis St » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:23 pm

Magic Giannison wrote:

Trade Bobby, as good he is on offense he undoes it easily on defense, guy doesnt ever box out or rebound.

Portis rebounds pretty good. He is a walking double double machine that can get his own shot up on offense. He is probably underpaid compared to the Disney actor we start at C
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis

Return to Milwaukee Bucks