ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Gallo deciding between Bucks and Clippers

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Gallo deciding between Bucks and Clippers 

Post#1921 » by pifhluk23 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:56 pm

LuessiT wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Also makes it kind of a bummer that we couldn't flip Bobby at the deadline for a legit 3&D wing type if we indeed end up with Gallo on the roster. He's the perfect, cheap Bobby replacement, all without those annoying post-up possessions that kill the flow of the offense.

I feel like some deal with Dallas where we get draft compensation and Grant was out there.

It was for sure there in a straight up deal, which I posted about 10 times that we needed to do it even if no picks came back. Will go down as a big blunder in a few years.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,618

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Gallo deciding between Bucks and Clippers 

Post#1922 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:00 pm

Shaffty wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Now's the time if we're bringing someone in. Get the paperwork and physical done and be ready when practice resumes next week.

every day you wait saves like 80k in luxury tax lol

Couch cushion change
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,583

Post#1923 » by Frank Nova » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:13 pm

Feels like if Gallo chooses LAC it’ll lead to a Pj Tucker buy out. Doesn’t seem like they’ll roster both. Hopefully we can land 1 of the 2. Maybe I’m wrong tho…. Gallo would be nice, we could use a nice bench shooter to pair with AJ Green.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,047

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Goodbye RoLo 

Post#1924 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:34 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
JayMKE wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:You guys are never gonna convince rational Bucks fans to have any sort of buyer's remorse over the Dame trade. Just let it go.

Either we win a championship this year or literally everybody will regret it, especially if Boston makes some noise. I’m not sure its rational to expect a switch to be flipped and for the team to play like he never has before during the playoffs. Regardless I don’t see why anybody would retain him going forward considering his advanced age & being a 1 way player, if the truth is he doesn’t actually want to be here then we need to send him on his way. Right now I think there are legit arguments that the team is better not trading Jrue and I was a fan of acquiring Murray when he was available, those guys in Miami they were offering look pretty good now, its not like Dame was the only choice possible.

We see great shooters turn to **** all the time in Milwaukee, JJ Redick was terrible here and hearing his comments on Milwaukee its not hard to figure out why. Nikola Mirotic left the NBA and country altogether after playing here. So we’re speculating he’s Seasonal Affective Dame now oof

This team isn’t going anywhere with Jrue and Khris as the 2nd and 3rd best player at this point

portland dealt holiday for brogdon, time lord, and 2 picks
we dealt allen, a pick and two swaps

the idea we had in essence the ability to offer....

grayson allen
robert williams
malcolm brogdon
3 1sts
2 swaps

and we dealt it for a 33 yo going thru a divorce, who hadnt picked up a ball in months......demanding miami.....who specifically said he didnt want to be here up until the last week or two before he finally rolled his eyes and agreed?

yikes honestly.

so yeah if we dont perform well its gonna be on my mind for the next couple years what we could have done with that package. its very possible we blew our powder on the wrong guy. of course thats in the equation
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,996

Post#1925 » by Daver » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:39 pm

If gallo wants playing time all he has to do is look at how bad our bench is he would have a great chance to suceed here plus we still play the Cs 2 more xs so he said he circled it on the calender well DG come join the deer
Daver
Lead Assistant

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Goodbye RoLo 

Post#1926 » by Daver » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:44 pm

soxperry wrote:Gallinari is a no brainer. Still a good shooter. 6'10." Not a guy you are signing for defense. Basically he's an offensive injection for when either Khris or Dame is out. Great, hope they do it.

Agree would improve the bucks bench big time has great TS%
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,866

Post#1927 » by Prez » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:46 pm

Think Gallo’s cooked or at least won’t be viable in the playoffs, so I don’t really care if we do or don’t get him tbh.

I’m kinda out on PJ now that it seems clear he actually wants to play and will whine if he doesn’t. He could provide real value as a pure locker room/player-coach kinda guy but if he’s gonna bitch about lack of minutes I’m out.
Daver
Lead Assistant

Post#1928 » by Daver » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:48 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Don't know why the Clippers would be an option for him unless he's fine collecting DNP's like PJ. Fantastic news and I think Gallo ends up here.

1st thing i thought of when i read DGs quote a couple days ago when ge said he csnt wait rill he plays the Cs and had it circled on his calender i thought hes coming here absolutely
Daver
Lead Assistant

Post#1929 » by Daver » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:53 pm

Frank Nova wrote:Feels like if Gallo chooses LAC it’ll lead to a Pj Tucker buy out. Doesn’t seem like they’ll roster both. Hopefully we can land 1 of the 2. Maybe I’m wrong tho…. Gallo would be nice, we could use a nice bench shooter to pair with AJ Green.

Guys tucker is not coming here bury it already hes already said hes heat bound if bought out n heat like him to.Whats the love affair with this guy hes so so washed
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,739

Post#1930 » by yannisk » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:02 pm

I like Danilo, sure he is old, slow, injury prone who cannot play defense :D but he is at least efficient and he is not worse defensively than our existing players.
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,879

Post#1931 » by Dick Tate » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:06 pm

What's with these continuing PJ Tucker buy-out fantasies? Dude has a player option. AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,725

Post#1932 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:11 pm

Gallo isn't any worse defending at the rim than Bobby and honestly, even with the multiple ACL injuries, probably still better at defending in space. But that's obviously not why you bring him on board. He's only had like, 1-2 seasons in his career with negative on/off splits. He's a smart dude who always finds ways to be useful on the court. Like, I would bet serious money that Giannis/Gallo frontcourt lineups would be better defensively than Giannis/Bobby ones given a decent enough sample size. Still don't think people really understand how awful Bobby has been defensively the last two seasons...
benultimate
Bench Warmer
And1: 856

Post#1933 » by benultimate » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:52 pm

Would prefer Bazley over Gallo
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,244

Post#1934 » by LUKE23 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:54 pm

Dick Tate wrote:What's with these continuing PJ Tucker buy-out fantasies? Dude has a player option. AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN.

He's absolute junk anyway. No idea why anyone wants him.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,002

Post#1935 » by theFireBlanket » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:17 pm

Prez wrote:Think Gallo’s cooked or at least won’t be viable in the playoffs, so I don’t really care if we do or don’t get him tbh.

I’m kinda out on PJ now that it seems clear he actually wants to play and will whine if he doesn’t. He could provide real value as a pure locker room/player-coach kinda guy but if he’s gonna bitch about lack of minutes I’m out.

Doc Rivers started him in the playoffs & rode him last year. They took Boston to 7 doing that. He'd probably be in the rotation.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,685

Post#1936 » by chonestown » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:30 pm

Horts probably arranging a hefty NIL deal with Calderon Club to secure Donatello.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB

Return to Milwaukee Bucks