ImageImage

PG Nuggets: Former Champs Whip Current Champs

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,961

Re: PG Nuggets: Former Champs Whip Current Champs 

Post#141 » by BUCKnation » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:54 pm

Trying to be unbiased but I think Giannis and SGA should be close at 1 and 2, with Jokic very, very slightly behind. Giannis has now outplayed Jokic twice, the teams basically have the same record and has had to deal with a lot more roster/coaching tumult.
MKE_Hodag22
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#142 » by MKE_Hodag22 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:58 pm

BUCKnation wrote:Trying to be unbiased but I think Giannis and SGA should be close at 1 and 2, with Jokic very, very slightly behind. Giannis has now outplayed Jokic twice, the teams basically have the same record and has had to deal with a lot more roster/coaching tumult.

I'm in the SGA MVP camp at the moment. Considering how he's played and where he currently has his team at. He's been unreal this year. Giannis is penalized for being consistently great, so his #s, while great...are just another year for him. Think people forget just how hard these #s are to put up.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,553

Post#143 » by PG Graveyard » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:57 pm

MKE_Hodag22 wrote:
BUCKnation wrote:Trying to be unbiased but I think Giannis and SGA should be close at 1 and 2, with Jokic very, very slightly behind. Giannis has now outplayed Jokic twice, the teams basically have the same record and has had to deal with a lot more roster/coaching tumult.

I'm in the SGA MVP camp at the moment. Considering how he's played and where he currently has his team at. He's been unreal this year. Giannis is penalized for being consistently great, so his #s, while great...are just another year for him. Think people forget just how hard these #s are to put up.

I think he’s a level up this year. Don’t really care about the narrative right now as Giannis has plenty of big tv games the rest of the way to win it. I do think SGA should be the biggest competition
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,739

Post#144 » by yannisk » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:34 pm

randy84 wrote:Image

Continues.

HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,394

Post#145 » by HKPackFan » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:58 am

MKE_Hodag22 wrote:

Giannis has a bad narrative right now.

#1 he and the team have "underperformed".

Everyone expected dame and Giannis to dominate the league, so now it looks like they are under performing. (No one bothers to look at what really happened.)

#2 doc is failing, he has a losing record. (besides us, no one sees the growth happening as soon as doc took over).

#3 normalized stats bias: "just another 30+/10+/5+ season. It's just a normal year for him, why should he be rewarded."

#4 he's still a 60s%+ FT shooter and has no jumpshot. (he's not improved his game).

What would need to happen to get giannis back in the conversation, instead of a distant 3rd.

#1 bucks go on a 20 win streak tear or something like that, and pass the Celtics.

#2 giannis shows up crazy big on all the big matchups especially the national TV games. Giannis is dropping 50 burgers with Ws in theses big games.

Giannis as crazy as it sounds has to level up again, put on a show almost every big match up, drop some crazy stats AND get his team to first place.

Tall order, it's in the realm of possibility, but it's a tall task.

I'm resigned to think he won't win it although I'll take a championship 100/100 times if I had to choose one. And seeing the improvements happening, has me excited about them looking like contenders again.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,955

Post#146 » by Jez2983 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:05 am

I think it will be exceptionally hard for any player to win 3 MVPs with the way the NBA promotes rivalries these days. There's no Jordan>all narrative (which in fairness helped the NBA spread), now the NBA likes to celebrate the talent diversity. Jokic and Giannis will always be there abouts, but the league likes a new shiny thing. Luka still has to win one at some stage, I guess in some sort of finally! narrative.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,446

Post#147 » by GoldenAntlers » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:21 am

If it's gotta be a newcomer I hope it's Shai.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu

Return to Milwaukee Bucks