Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,562

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor 

Post#1661 » by -Jragon- » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:42 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:Does anyone have the final regular season Dame/GA PnR stats and where they ranked league wide for frequency/efficiency?

Don't know where to find specific Dame/Giannis sets, but:

- Dame P&R ball-handler: 0.99 PPP (82nd percentile) on the 5th most possessions of all qualified players
- Giannis roll-man: 1.23 PPP (62nd percentile) on only 7.2% frequency (1.9 possessions per)

Despite the gripes about Dame looking uncomfortable, we ran a **** ton of pick and roll with him (he was 4th in total possessions last season). But the Giannis as a roll-man stuff continues to not be this world destroying weapon that everyone wants it to be, even if you can argue we should be running it more.

Being fair, people wanted them to run it more so it improves -- looking at the regular season as a post season prep. Now that we're here. Who knows what we'll see. I'm guessing we run it enough because at least Dame can always get his open shot from it.

Hopefully they can work on it this offseason and make GA more of a weapon.. Giannis has to get off the screen, keep his eyes and connection to Dame and find a lane between them to move in.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,319

Post#1662 » by rilamann » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:51 pm

I love Giannis and I think he's one of the best players in the league.

But the Bucks acquired Dame and just failed to win 50 games.

And if the Bucks don't beat the Pacers in these playoffs, the Bucks will have won 1 single playoff series since beating the Suns in the NBA Finals back in 2021.

3 seasons, 1 playoff series win and that came against a bad Bulls team in 2022.

I am not going to participate in any Giannis slander. But if you take the homer goggles off for a minute, you can understand where people are coming from.

If the Nuggets only win 1 playoff series between now and 2026 after winning it all in 2023, Joker would be catching some slander too.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,874

Post#1663 » by fansinceforever » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:59 pm

Our team was a flat out disappointment, Giannis is the best player and they're business is eyes and clicks. Why are we shocked that these are headlines?

Go Bucks of course but this is exactly what I expected and if we go down early, I expect a whole lot more.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,803

Post#1664 » by emunney » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:10 pm

rilamann wrote:I love Giannis and I think he's one of the best players in the league.

And if the Bucks don't beat the Pacers in these playoffs, the Bucks will have won 1 single playoff series since beating the Suns in the NBA Finals back in 2021.

I am not going to participate in any Giannis slander. But if you take the homer goggles off for a minute, you can understand where people are coming from.

If the Nuggets only win 1 playoff series between now and 2026 after winning it all in 2023, Joker would be catching some slander too.

I guess the Knicks have accomplished a lot more than the Bucks in that time period.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,188

Post#1665 » by FrieAaron » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:19 pm

rilamann wrote:I love Giannis and I think he's one of the best players in the league.

If he didn't have Jamal Murray it would be very possible
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,713

Post#1666 » by blazza18 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:31 pm

Have been thinking for the last week or so that Giannis was going to cop some flak for how the seasons gone. Individually his numbers are as good as anyone but the team didn't live up to expectations and the narrative around the Bucks isn't a positive one.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,348

Post#1667 » by KidA24 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:55 pm

blazza18 wrote:Have been thinking for the last week or so that Giannis was going to cop some flak for how the seasons gone. Individually his numbers are as good as anyone but the team didn't live up to expectations and the narrative around the Bucks isn't a positive one.

This is like 14 things piling up to come back and bite Giannis.

National Narratives:
-He picked the wrong coach
-He then picked Doc too, again wrong
-He can't play with Dame friggin Lillard
-Defense has fallen off a cliff
-Freethrow routine still sucks
-Can't shoot
-Bad record
-Missed 6 of the last 15 games, and 3 of the last 5.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,188

Post#1668 » by FrieAaron » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:14 am

I do think the FT routine stuff hurts his perception quite a bit
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,874

Post#1669 » by fansinceforever » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:37 am

emunney wrote:

I guess the Knicks have accomplished a lot more than the Bucks in that time period.

I get your point but that's ignoring the expectations that were attached to each team. The Knicks are obviously fools gold though.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,621

Post#1670 » by Profound23 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:03 am

Dame for Zion, Murphy, Alvarado. Who says no?
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,319

Post#1671 » by rilamann » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:47 am

emunney wrote:

Fansinceforever beat me to it.

But fair or not, Giannis and the Bucks are a victim of their own success. Sure, maybe it's not fair and I don't necessarily agree with it. But the fact of the matter is that's the reality.

Using the Knicks & Brunson as an example. If Brunson won back to back MVPs and then lead the Knicks to a championship and won Finals MVP.

But then Brunson & the Knicks proceeded to win 1 playoff series over the next 3 years and get knocked out 4-1 by an #8 seed in round 1 as a #1 seed, then followed that up the next season by failing to win 50 games after the Knicks added a 75th anniversary team player.

Brunson at that point, would be catching some slander, too.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,047

Post#1672 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:12 am

Giannis and Jokic are basically the same age and Giannis has played in more playoff games. I love Jokic but it's let's see if he gets through AD/LBJ again. We tend to overreact whenever anyone wins a ring (which is incredibly hard to do), but it is another animal to do it 2 years in a row. Not many "Alphas" actually win multiple rings by themselves.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,562

Post#1673 » by -Jragon- » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:49 am

I think that Giannis should shut off his TV during the season and right now especially and ignore all the pendants opinions. Last year against the Heat he came out in bowling ball mode because he wasn't top of the MVP pageant and felt like he had to prove he's the best ever and he gets hurt doing that. Shut off the tv idiots and let the game come to you. Figure out how to use your teammates and get each other open and work towards getting a 2nd ring..THATs what will get you in those conversations.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,047

Post#1674 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:43 pm

FrieAaron wrote:I do think the FT routine stuff hurts his perception quite a bit

The ironic thing is that even Giannis at the line is incredibly efficient. People act like he should avoid attacking in the playoffs because god forbid he shoots at a 1.3PPP while getting some rest.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#1675 » by buckboy » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:04 pm

Matches Malone wrote:I haven't really cared about the discourse surrounding Giannis and the 1st team talk, but now I'm starting to see idiots who I don't even follow show up on my TL with tweets like this...

Read on Twitter

How did Giannis become so disliked in the media? No way I'd have Tatum or Brunson in before Giannis this season even though both those guys had excellent seasons. And now people want to bring team records into the discussion as if that has any bearing on it. This isn't the MVP vote lol.

I mean...that's as bad of a ballot as you'll see.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,311

Post#1676 » by fan230 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:49 pm

The fact that the entire Bucks team has disintegrated in many ways, despite Giannis playing superbly, has had a halo effect on Giannis and All Nba etc.

Very unfortunate.

Today there is an article in Bleacher Reports about the biggest regrets this season for each Nba team.

For the Bucks it says: “Replacing Budenholzer”.

I agree. Many others may not.

Yet that was the first step that was followed by everything that has been terrible this season for the Bucks. That happens to be a fact, regardless of anyone’s including my own belief.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,612

Post#1677 » by JayMKE » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:51 pm

idgaf what Kendrink Perkins thinks, everybody knows he's a fool
FREE GIANNIS
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,355

Post#1678 » by ackypoo » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:12 pm

is it too early for a giannis era retrospective?

i consistently look back at this as a defining moment for the giannis era
June 25, 2015: Greivis Vásquez traded by the Toronto Raptors to the Milwaukee Bucks for Norman Powell and a 2017 1st round draft pick (OG Anunoby was later selected).

i am not hopeful for our future.
emunney
RealGM

Post#1679 » by emunney » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:12 pm

It'd have been interesting to see what Griffin/Doc would have done with Jrue, and what Bud would have done with Dame. Ah well.
emunney
RealGM

Post#1680 » by emunney » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:19 pm

ackypoo wrote:is it too early for a giannis era retrospective?

i consistently look back at this as a defining moment for the giannis era
June 25, 2015: Greivis Vásquez traded by the Toronto Raptors to the Milwaukee Bucks for Norman Powell and a 2017 1st round draft pick (OG Anunoby was later selected).

i am not hopeful for our future.

Feel like if it ended today, the defining moment of the Giannis era would be decidedly more positive and substantial than this.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks