rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,330

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor 

Post#1901 » by rilamann » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 pm

Profound23 wrote:
rilamann wrote:
Profound23 wrote:
Yes Khris and Lopez are definitely the ones we should be looking to trade but we won't get much back for either at this point because one can't stay healthy and they are both way too slow.

This is why I was screaming from the rooftops in February that the Bucks needed to trade Middleton at the deadline while he still at least had some value. I said if the Bucks held on to him beyond the trade deadline, they would get nothing for him this off season.

Bucks will be lucky to get a bag of tube socks for him this summer.

No one is going to want to baby and coddle this guy for a full season just so that he can have an ok game once every 2 weeks before he falls down and is out another 4 weeks.

The sad thing is, if he just stayed healthy for one or two playoff series, Khris could triple his trade value.

Of course 3x0 is still 0....but you know what I mean. :lol:

Imagine if the Bucks had traded Middleton during the 2022 off season before everyone realized he had just fallen off a cliff. Everyone, including us thought the was going to bounce back strong.

You probably could have gotten a guy like Hali for him at that point in time.

That's pretty hypothetical though, I can understand the Bucks holding on to Middleton for the 22'23 season.

Going into the 22'23 season I thought maybe Khris could still bounce back be that guy. That obviously wasn't the case. It's insanity that there are people right now in 2024 who still think Khris can still be that guy and form some sort of a big 3 with Giannis & Dame....lol.

But the Bucks were complete fools not to trade Middleton this off season along with Jrue (in a separate trade) and then were even bigger fools not to trade him this past February. That was the Buck's last chance to get something of any value for him.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,661

Post#1902 » by -Jragon- » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:56 am

There are some amazing posts mixed in these last few pages. Most of us called it ar the beginning that MB or AJJ had to pan out to take some min from Beas/Crowder/Pat C.

The development that might save us is if Green snaps back into form and with Bev and Pat C playing well it might be enough to win a series or 2. The problem is that they are all small -- AJJ and MB have more versitile size for switching and have more length but they just havent clicked.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,236

Post#1903 » by RiotPunch » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:59 am

Curious what realistic value for Khris/Brook/Portis looks like this summer.

PP tossed out Brook for #12, but I do not see Presti doing that in a million years, although it is a weak draft. Maybe for the '25 protected Heat pick? Maybe the Pels kick back a future 1st of ours in a deal? Wiggins (blech) and a pick?

T&T board (which is an admittedly **** barometer) has Khris as neutral to pay-to-get-off-of value. Considering yet another injury, his market could be rough.

Portis has some conceivable value, but to whom in a market with potential targets like Markkanen, Allen, Claxton as a FA, etc. This might be where Presti could give a bit after not being willing to pay the price for the better guys.

I am fearing that it might boil down to our guys just not having enough value to make wholesale changes to the rotation, barring selling Dame to the highest bidder. I would much rather try to tinker around Giannis/Dame, obviously.

My random re-tool attempt:

MKE: Hunter, Nance, MKE '27 1st
ATL: Ingram, Daniels
NOP: Murray, Lopez, Connaughton

MKE: Caruso
OKC: Portis
CHI: Kenrich, MIA '25 1st, #33

MKE: Avdija, Mitchell, Kispert
SAC: Middleton, Kuzma
WAS: Barnes, Huerter, Lyles, Vezenkov, SAC '26 1st, MKE '27 1st, MKE '31 1st

Lillard / Mitchell
Caruso / Green
Hunter / Kispert
Avdija / Holmes (#23)
Giannis / Nance
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,921

Post#1904 » by Fotis St » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:51 am

I know you are disappointed with Khris Game 2 BUT Khris has higher trade value than your latest ideas.

It only takes ONE GM who has to handle a superstar wanting out and Khris can be the main piece for a trade. The ideas and solutions are countless, I mean on a Khris trade the return can vary .... from getting us old superstars like KD, Kawhi, Paul George .... to ..... Wiggings, Ingram, Lavine DeRozan.... to ... Ben Simmons + picks .... to CP3, Klay ... to idk ... salary fillers plus top 5 pick ... to Jonathan Issac plus picks ... we have to be patient much like the Lillard trade. I prefer Khris wakes up, we eliminate the Pacers and we win a Ring after Giannis comeback.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,624

Post#1905 » by JayMKE » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

Marjon & AJJ only being able play scrub time has been a big time failure for the organization, needed these guys to at least be NBA players that’s the whole point of picking roleplayer ceiling players.
FREE GIANNIS
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,921

Post#1906 » by Fotis St » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:17 am

Panathinaikos three guard rotation ...

Kendrick Nunn, Jerian Grant, Kostas Sloukas

Panathinaikos has more mobile bigs & guards than the Bucks. Even Kostas Ante could be usefull, we held on to the wrong brother. Time to get the little one. Let Thanasis be a podcaster.

Olympiacos on the other hand has Isaiah Canaan ... Vezenkov turned out to become Euroleague's MVP and he can't get on court for the Kings. Get him here too. All these names were my suggestions for many years.

I have wasted my talent in a forum :lol:
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,074

Post#1907 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:23 am

Fotis St wrote:Panathinaikos three guard rotation ...

Kendrick Nunn, Jerian Grant, Kostas Sloukas

Panathinaikos has more mobile bigs & guards than the Bucks. Even Kostas Ante could be usefull, we held on to the wrong brother. Time to get the little one. Let Thanasis be a podcaster.

Olympiacos on the other hand has Isaiah Canaan ... Vezenkov turned out to become Euroleague's MVP and he can't get on court for the Kings. Get him here too. All these names were my suggestions for many years.

I have wasted my talent in a forum :lol:

Sounds like you should keep your talents over there.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,614

Post#1908 » by raferfenix » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:14 pm

RiotPunch wrote:Portis has some conceivable value, but to whom in a market with potential targets like Markkanen, Allen, Claxton as a FA, etc. This might be where Presti could give a bit after not being willing to pay the price for the better guys.

I'm also wondering whether Bobby would be the one on the outs as opposed to Brook.

Lopez's defense is more valuable to us than Bobby's offense.

That's doubly so if Middleton would be playing more backup 4 after we (somehow) acquire a couple wings that can guard the perimeter.

Bobby's comparative youth absolutely comes into play for both interested teams as well as the Bucks. But I'm wondering what teams would give up what we would require to trade Lopez even if he's retiring after next season.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,742

Post#1909 » by msiris » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:19 pm

JayMKE wrote:Marjon & AJJ only being able play scrub time has been a big time failure for the organization, needed these guys to at least be NBA players that’s the whole point of picking roleplayer ceiling players.
One good thing about coach grief was that he did play younger guys. Doc really hasn't.
Ride the tank
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,001

Post#1910 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:24 pm

msiris wrote:
JayMKE wrote:Marjon & AJJ only being able play scrub time has been a big time failure for the organization, needed these guys to at least be NBA players that’s the whole point of picking roleplayer ceiling players.
One good thing about coach grief was that he did play younger guys. Doc really hasn't.

True but that was early in the season. Doc had limited time and a very limited number of practices. Playoff basketball has a very small rotation. MarJon only plays scrub time because he's a scrub. AJJ has had a mixed season, certainly not someone who should be counted on in the playoffs. Green played 5 minutes (3 bricked wide open shots) and 15 minutes. He'll likely get more burn if Khris is out tonight. Green is the one who could be somewhat of a factor the rest of the series.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,742

Post#1911 » by msiris » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:08 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
msiris wrote:

True but that was early in the season. Doc had limited time and a very limited number of practices. Playoff basketball has a very small rotation. MarJon only plays scrub time because he's a scrub. AJJ has had a mixed season, certainly not someone who should be counted on in the playoffs. Green played 5 minutes (3 bricked wide open shots) and 15 minutes. He'll likely get more burn if Khris is out tonight. Green is the one who could be somewhat of a factor the rest of the series.
Another thing is with Dame,Giannis and Mids all we ask is go stand at the 3pt line and shoot or pass. I would like too see if anyone can create on thier own. I have seen enough of maRjon as well.
Ride the tank
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,236

Post#1912 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:02 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
PP tossed out Brook for #12, but I do not see Presti doing that in a million years, although it is a weak draft.

I think Presti does that in a heartbeat. It's a perfect fit for them, and given the number of picks they have, a small price.

We undervalue our players on here (save for the TI's of Khris for AD or something)
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,833

Post#1913 » by TroyD92 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:06 pm

Feel like everyone besides Giannis and Dame should be on the block. If Horst can make some magic work and retool the entire roster in one offseason i'll stop besmirching his name. Think this is going to have to happen this offseason though even if they miraculously win the title
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,889

Post#1914 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:47 pm

Everyone on the GB and T&T boards laughed last offseason when I said that the Bucks had a way better trade package for Dame than Miami did based on what they were actually willing to throw in (Jrue). Right now on that same board, some delusional Warriors fans think they'd be the ones getting additional value in a Wiggins/Middleton swap (lol). Reality is, most actual GM's don't put so much value on "youth" the same way RGM posters do. OKC, Lakers, Clippers, Sacramento, and Dallas all make sense as potential Brook and/or Khris destinations based on where they're at, i.e. playoff squads that would give up younger rotation pieces to upgrade their Top-4 rotation.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,236

Post#1915 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:39 pm

^^^They’re talking Middleton for Wiggins?

Even with Middleton turning into Lt.Dan, I still don’t think I’d do it.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#1916 » by BigO » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:12 pm

Here's the Bucks trade value from most to least, not counting Giannis:

Dame
Bobby
Brook
KM

No one else is worth mentioning. Maybe someone gives a second rounder for PC.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,236

Post#1917 » by RiotPunch » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:18 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
PP tossed out Brook for #12, but I do not see Presti doing that in a million years, although it is a weak draft.

I think Presti does that in a heartbeat. It's a perfect fit for them, and given the number of picks they have, a small price.

We undervalue our players on here (save for the TI's of Khris for AD or something)

I hope you're right, obviously. In a vacuum it is fair value and a great fit.

I just think Brook's age and Presti's affinity for holding onto his precious 1sts would make this DOA.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,193

Post#1918 » by DingleJerry » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:28 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:^^^They’re talking Middleton for Wiggins?

Even with Middleton turning into Lt.Dan, I still don’t think I’d do it.

Yea i haven't read much into it but after whatever happened with his dad to make him take that personal absence last year he's been completely checked out. I assume his dad is really sick or something but I wouldn't touch him right now if his mind isn't in it
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,552

Post#1919 » by Bernman » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:15 am

I'd move Dame before Khris, if the idea is to get a younger core player, & extend the Championship window to near 2030, which you have to do if you don't want things to get dire in those years. They've given up all their own picks. Would have to get some of our own back to benefit from their ineptitude.

Khris has been with the Bucks since almost the beginning and he shows up when it counts, consistently. Yea, the injuries are frustrating, but everyone wants contendership potential. There would be teams lining up for him, but then the Bucks should see his use. He's also a bit younger than Dame & can just shoot over opponents. Look how well Joe Johnson's game aged.

As for Dame, he's played well enough where you'd have the option to try again if the Bucks can't make a run this yr OR recouped most of his trade value. He's also the guy who'd yield more in a trade. But I don't know if he has greater impact on the Bucks. And he's been mercurial, whether that's his family situation or destination. He's also never been a decent defender, unlike Khris.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Be Here Now
Rookie
And1: 279

Post#1920 » by Be Here Now » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:28 am

paulpressey25 wrote:We undervalue our players on here (save for the TI's of Khris for AD or something)

Yet there's no way Riley will trade 3 role players for Dame?
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Gooden to me...is a rock.

He is the one player I wish was healthy all year but I do not complain about it. You can't control that so why cry?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks