ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Karsenmitsche
Junior
And1: 261

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor 

Post#1681 » by Karsenmitsche » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:51 pm

fan230 wrote:The fact that the entire Bucks team has disintegrated in many ways, despite Giannis playing superbly, has had a halo effect on Giannis and All Nba etc.

Very unfortunate.

Today there is an article in Bleacher Reports about the biggest regrets this season for each Nba team.

For the Bucks it says: “Replacing Budenholzer”.

I agree. Many others may not.

Yet that was the first step that was followed by everything that has been terrible this season for the Bucks. That happens to be a fact, regardless of anyone’s including my own belief.

As more has come out it seems like the locker room had fully tuned him out by the end of last season. Which left the Bucks no option but to fire him. But yeah the culture he brought, the stableness, conviction in his schemes. He brought so many great qualities and even started to learn to make good micro-adjustments in the playoffs. 22 Celtics series without KMidd was a masterpiece imo and we had 3 chances to close them out despite a big talent gap (games 4, 6 and 7).
"Ill never leave the city of Milwaukee till we build the team to a championship level"-Giannis
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,355

Post#1682 » by ackypoo » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:16 pm

emunney wrote:
ackypoo wrote:is it too early for a giannis era retrospective?

i consistently look back at this as a defining moment for the giannis era
June 25, 2015: Greivis Vásquez traded by the Toronto Raptors to the Milwaukee Bucks for Norman Powell and a 2017 1st round draft pick (OG Anunoby was later selected).

i am not hopeful for our future.

Feel like if it ended today, the defining moment of the Giannis era would be decidedly more positive and substantial than this.

yes. youre correct. i chose my words poorly.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,702

Post#1683 » by chonestown » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:21 pm

KidA24 wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Have been thinking for the last week or so that Giannis was going to cop some flak for how the seasons gone. Individually his numbers are as good as anyone but the team didn't live up to expectations and the narrative around the Bucks isn't a positive one.

This is like 14 things piling up to come back and bite Giannis.

National Narratives:
-He picked the wrong coach
-He then picked Doc too, again wrong
-He can't play with Dame friggin Lillard
-Defense has fallen off a cliff
-Freethrow routine still sucks
-Can't shoot
-Bad record
-Missed 6 of the last 15 games, and 3 of the last 5.

Read on Twitter
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,182

Post#1684 » by DingleJerry » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:29 pm

I agree its nuts that Giannis wouldn't get 1st team, stats are through the roof and team was 3rd in the conf in spite of all the BS and missing their 3rd best player almost all year. which isn't like being on a .500 team, it's still prett good.

But, anyone have any good data on defense for Giannis? I know D data isn't always the strongest, but was curious how it looked as my eye test on his D and D effort is that it has taken a big step back from 4-5 years ago when they were blasting everyone all year. I'm not saying its wrong for him to coast more as he ages, or thats its not natural as you realize the regular season games are so meaningless. Whereas when a competitor like him is young you just want to go balls to the wall at all times.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,507

Post#1685 » by Milbucks96 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:00 pm

DingleJerry wrote:I agree its nuts that Giannis wouldn't get 1st team, stats are through the roof and team was 3rd in the conf in spite of all the BS and missing their 3rd best player almost all year. which isn't like being on a .500 team, it's still prett good.

But, anyone have any good data on defense for Giannis? I know D data isn't always the strongest, but was curious how it looked as my eye test on his D and D effort is that it has taken a big step back from 4-5 years ago when they were blasting everyone all year. I'm not saying its wrong for him to coast more as he ages, or thats its not natural as you realize the regular season games are so meaningless. Whereas when a competitor like him is young you just want to go balls to the wall at all times.

Idk any better but I really like epm, even though I heard their catch all, defensive stuff can be weird or wonky like most of those type of stats. They have him still pretty elite and has him 40th out of the 4-500 players that has played this year. Most of the guys above him are really good defense only guys, and the others are guys on really good defensive teams. I saw that his rim protection numbers were still really good too.

I would say he’s still elite and with his offensive load, he’s the best two player in the game. But I definitely agree with the effort being lower than ever this year. My biggest problem with him is he barely contest shots that aren’t at the rim. He really doesn’t like getting a hand up on jump shooters.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,182

Post#1686 » by DingleJerry » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:05 pm

Milbucks96 wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:I agree its nuts that Giannis wouldn't get 1st team, stats are through the roof and team was 3rd in the conf in spite of all the BS and missing their 3rd best player almost all year. which isn't like being on a .500 team, it's still prett good.

Idk any better but I really like epm, even though I heard their catch all, defensive stuff can be weird or wonky like most of those type of stats. They have him still pretty elite and has him 40th out of the 4-500 players that has played this year. Most of the guys above him are really good defense only guys, and the others are guys on really good defensive teams. I saw that his rim protection numbers were still really good too.

I would say he’s still elite and with his offensive load, he’s the best two player in the game. But I definitely agree with the effort being lower than ever this year. My biggest problem with him is he barely contest shots that aren’t at the rim. He really doesn’t like getting a hand up on jump shooters.

Thanks. Yea I wouldn't have called him bad or anything, just that its a clear step down from the freak he was in the past.

My nitpick, not that he was ever great at the fundamentals of rebounding/boxing out but that is really non existent for him now. He really just stands there now with no attention to the people around him. He's still such a freak that he still gets enough but say the lack of effort costs you 2-3 rebounds per game, thats a few points per game. Either way, fundamentals are crutches for the talentless so its ok
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,448

Post#1687 » by HKPackFan » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:55 am

Giannis first player in history with 30+ppg and 60%fg %.

Media: that Brunson though.
#FreeChuckDiesel
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,196

Post#1688 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:39 am

ackypoo wrote:
June 25, 2015: Greivis Vásquez traded by the Toronto Raptors to the Milwaukee Bucks for Norman Powell and a 2017 1st round draft pick (OG Anunoby was later selected)..

Don’t think this reflects at all on Giannis, nor will casual fans care or know about that situation.

But yes, we’ve talked for years on here about how devastating the 2014-2017 personnel decisions were. DJ Wilson, Rashad Vaughn, Greivis, Thon and Jabari being busts. Blowing cap space on Monroe signing and the Henson extension, Delly and Telly, and having to use draft picks to dump bad contracts.

Maybe later I’ll do a timeline. We ended up losing a massive amount of assets in that that three plus year stretch, and all we got out of it was Brogdon.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,916

Post#1689 » by Fotis St » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:26 pm

To add to the Giannis talk... I think his prime were his MVP years ... I think the younger, slimmer, faster Giannis who was held back by Bud on minutes restriction at a young age which was unnecesarry kept Giannis off making historic records as a scorer and player overall. Giannis won that MVP like playing 8-10 minutes less than his competitors. THAT Giannis could average 40p + 20 rebounds or something. Anyway after 10 years when it is all set and done, you will probably realise that I was right.

I think we are closer to a knee-less Giannis than getting a 2nd ring.

That Moican haircut Giannis version was probably one of the scariest most fun players to ever play the game. I think it was his Most Improved Player year. Forgive me, time flies, its been so many years. Hope Giannis gets healthy and win it all one more time, any version of Giannis can win it all. Much love, Go Bucks.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,702

Post#1690 » by chonestown » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:45 pm

Going through my draft emails never sent, came across one in the aftermath of the Raps-Bucks series. Lamented Bud's inability to adjust. Referred to Aubrey Graham as Herbal Essence the Rapper. Can it be that it was all so simple then?
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,247

Post#1691 » by Sigra » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:51 pm

82 games regular season is just too long for Giannis. The way how he plays and spend energy/get beat...

We won ring when it was 72 games regular season. And even then he was almost done in ECF
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,568

Post#1692 » by raferfenix » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:55 pm

If Dame wants to maximally control where he gets traded he needs to ball out.

Then if the Bucks get bounced he can just say it’s a basketball decision not an absence of beach babes.

But if he sucks….how much would Miami even want him now?

And yes of course the ideal is Dame isn’t really disgruntled and will actually play like the guy Giannis signed an extension to stick with for years to come.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,968

Post#1693 » by BUCKnation » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:14 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
ackypoo wrote:
June 25, 2015: Greivis Vásquez traded by the Toronto Raptors to the Milwaukee Bucks for Norman Powell and a 2017 1st round draft pick (OG Anunoby was later selected)..

Don’t think this reflects at all on Giannis, nor will casual fans care or know about that situation.

But yes, we’ve talked for years on here about how devastating the 2014-2017 personnel decisions were. DJ Wilson, Rashad Vaughn, Greivis, Thon and Jabari being busts. Blowing cap space on Monroe signing and the Henson extension, Delly and Telly, and having to use draft picks to dump bad contracts.

Maybe later I’ll do a timeline. We ended up losing a massive amount of assets in that that three plus year stretch, and all we got out of it was Brogdon.

Didn't realize that pick ended up being OG. I hated that at the time and was constantly reminded by it when a less developed Powell (at the time) would continually kill us. :banghead:
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,968

Post#1694 » by BUCKnation » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:20 pm

Personally, no matter what happens this post season, I'm fine running it back with Dame and Giannis. This season already seemed chalked with the injury situation, so whatever. That said, everyone else is available, and Horst needs to look at every avenue to find some more athleticism and get younger.

Bobby really revamped his value in the 2nd half and could be a good trade chip. I'd see if a team like OKC needs a vet big man like Brook or wants to get off a longer contract, since he'll be expiring.

I got pretty sick of the vet malaise we saw this year and would love to get some more guys with some energy and something to prove.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,782

Post#1695 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:37 pm

It's a failure on an organizational level that we're heading into the playoffs with our two superstars hobbled/banged up in large part due to being over-taxed in the regular season. Like, that literally should have been Goal #1 above all else. So yes, punting on the Dame/Giannis duo after one chaotic season of coaching upheaval would be the ultimate short-sighted move. Depending on when/if we bow out before the Finals, everyone sans those two has to be on the table.

- Draft picks: #22, #34, 2031 unprotected 1st
- Marjon, Andre
- Brook, Middleton, Portis, Pat

I'd be pretty surprised if Horst was on the hot seat, but if you can't re-tool a championship roster around Dame/Giannis using those assets, then you're not the GM cut out to maximize these last 3-4 prime Giannis years.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,620

Post#1696 » by SupremeHustle » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:02 pm

Look at Dame's ex-wife's IG story.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
James1980
Veteran
And1: 398

Post#1697 » by James1980 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:16 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:Look at Dame's ex-wife's IG story.

Sister wives haha
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,916

Post#1698 » by Fotis St » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:30 pm

How many times do I have to repeat to keep Portis out of all trade talks. He is the ideal perfect center on a really cheap contract which is needed when you have a super heavy contract loaded team. How many times does he have to prove you all wrong ? I mean it like " my child is the most valuable thing I have, lets sell it..." the f is wrong with u ? I keep Portis until he expires and IF HE wants to get sign n trade deal I would gladly make it happen. Portis is underappriciated for too long, he deserves all our love and flowers. He is a top 5 Center in the League on a 10M per contract. Jesus, we are lucky he wants to keep playing for Milwaukee. Bobby Bobby Bobby :o :o :o
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,757

Post#1699 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:02 pm

I'm done trading future first round picks. I'm not trading 2031 and I know we have limited trade assets. Would I trade this year's first? Sure if we could get anything for it.

Our best asset is Bobby but I'm not sure who you could get that would improve the team NOW. Bobby's contract is for only one more year (he'll decline the player option for 25-26). If they don't plan to try to resign him he could be traded this summer.

Brook is an expiring $23 million contract.

Pat and Khris have player options for 25-26, I imagine they both exercise those. So neither will be expiring next season.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,062

Post#1700 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:17 pm

HKPackFan wrote:Giannis first player in history with 30+ppg and 60%fg %.

Media (Except 1 guy doing it for attention): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KMzwRcilLDej0BWl7eYE_OYC9Tx9olI_Ptn-nHjKfpQ/edit#gid=2094680016

FIFY

Return to Milwaukee Bucks