ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,965

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Pacers Round 1 Lead Up 

Post#1561 » by BUCKnation » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:14 pm

Other than general game plan, ie they want to feast on pace and transition, we'll use Giannis to dominate (hopefully), its hard to take anything from the first matchups. So much has changed between the 2 teams.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,149

Post#1562 » by BigO » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:15 pm

The Pacers are pretty good. They have the 2nd best net rating in the last 15 games.

Good test for the Bucks.

They'll have Turner (who I wanted the Bucks to get three years ago) out at the 3 point line to draw Brook out and open up the driving lanes. Giannis will guard Siakam.

Glad we have Pat Bev to guard Halliburton and not Beasley.

If there is one signature note to Bud's defensive philosophy, it's getting back on the fast break. He gave up on getting offensive rebounds, but made sure no easy baskets. This has to be the emphasis.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,114

Post#1563 » by humanrefutation » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:33 pm

Read on Twitter
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,397

Post#1564 » by HKPackFan » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:42 pm

-Jragon- wrote:1 more thing.. I doubt Giannis misses a game vs Indy... they still have the game ball he wanted.. I feel bad for them

Ummm giannis with an entire week off?? He could grow back a new limb by then. Dude is the wolverine. Giannis gonna destroy.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,735

Post#1565 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:50 pm

We can probably beat this Pacers team with a banged up Giannis, but this is why my enthusiasm has taken such a massive hit. He's not gonna be close to 100% at any point in the playoffs. Firing Bud while not hiring a competent replacement and punting on any organizational culture and stability we had built up has consequences beyond whatever "X's and O's" drivel fans love to gripe about. No one really appreciated how important it was that we load managed to an easy Top-3 seed all those years while keeping Giannis fresh for the playoffs.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,654

Post#1566 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:06 pm

HKPackFan wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:1 more thing.. I doubt Giannis misses a game vs Indy... they still have the game ball he wanted.. I feel bad for them

Ummm giannis with an entire week off?? He could grow back a new limb by then. Dude is the wolverine. Giannis gonna destroy.

I love how the Bucks are framing this though, creating doubt, so the media actually appreciates it when Giannis steps on the floor game 1 and drops 40.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#1567 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:20 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:We can probably beat this Pacers team with a banged up Giannis, but this is why my enthusiasm has taken such a massive hit. He's not gonna be close to 100% at any point in the playoffs. Firing Bud while not hiring a competent replacement and punting on any organizational culture and stability we had built up has consequences beyond whatever "X's and O's" drivel fans love to gripe about. No one really appreciated how important it was that we load managed to an easy Top-3 seed all those years while keeping Giannis fresh for the playoffs.

More likely he'll be 100% for game 1.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,685

Post#1568 » by chonestown » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:21 pm

TJ McConnell bout to eat.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
BigO
Analyst

Post#1569 » by BigO » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:26 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:We can probably beat this Pacers team with a banged up Giannis, but this is why my enthusiasm has taken such a massive hit. He's not gonna be close to 100% at any point in the playoffs. Firing Bud while not hiring a competent replacement and punting on any organizational culture and stability we had built up has consequences beyond whatever "X's and O's" drivel fans love to gripe about. No one really appreciated how important it was that we load managed to an easy Top-3 seed all those years while keeping Giannis fresh for the playoffs.

This post is a prime example of making conclusions based on nothing. To clarify:

1) There is no basis, other than biased opinion, that the culture at the end of last season was better than the culture now. In fact, the opposite seems true. In my opinion, Bud lost the team.

2) There is nothing, again in my opinion, that points to the Bucks problems this season, being Doc River's fault. I think the hiring of Griffin was a fiasco that could have been avoided, but Doc has one of the better staffs in the league.

3) Your pollyanna view of the last four years is ahistorical. The Bucks won one title and it could be argued, absent a few toes against a depleted opponent, wouldn't have won any.

But let's save the postmortem till after the Bucks are eliminated. The corpse is still twitching.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,735

Post#1570 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:32 pm

BigO wrote:

1) There is no basis, other than biased opinion, that the culture at the end of last season was better than the culture now. In fact, the opposite seems true.

This is an actual insane take, regardless of whether one thinks Bud "lost the team" at the end (players literally **** revolted mid-season against the head coach lol). Everyone knows how you feel about Bud. Give it a rest.
j_hilge444
Senior
And1: 116

Post#1571 » by j_hilge444 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:36 pm

And then he still got hurt...
Luke Ridnour getting silly all over - throwing mad alley oops to Ilyasova.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,783

Post#1572 » by emunney » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:37 pm

BigO wrote:

This post is a prime example of making conclusions based on nothing. To clarify:

1) There is no basis, other than biased opinion, that the culture at the end of last season was better than the culture now. In fact, the opposite seems true. In my opinion, Bud lost the team.

2) There is nothing, again in my opinion, that points to the Bucks problems this season, being Doc River's fault. I think the hiring of Griffin was a fiasco that could have been avoided, but Doc has one of the better staffs in the league.

3) Your pollyanna view of the last four years is ahistorical. The Bucks won one title and it could be argued, absent a big toe against a depleted opponent, wouldn't have won any.

But let's save the postmortem till after the Bucks are eliminated. The corpse is still twitching.

I can't resist posting this whenever somebody brings it up. Someday somebody else will join me.

Every damn toe on Durant's left foot was over the line. His *right* big toe was on the line.

Also, this was another instance where we should have gotten another shot at the end of the game but Bud for whatever reason didn't think it was worthwhile.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,040

Post#1573 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:37 pm

j_hilge444 wrote:

And then he still got hurt...

True, but there is a difference between getting undercut and falling on your back from 6 feet in the air and coming up with a strained calf jogging up the court.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,620

Post#1574 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:44 pm

Sick of the Durant toe excuse. He went 0-7 in OT.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,919

Post#1575 » by Brewhoopfan » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:09 pm

This is a stupid exercise, but I'm bored.

PG - Haliburton vs Lillard. Edge Pacers. Sad but true. If Dame can average an efficient 35 ppg, this might be a push.
SG - Nembhard vs PatBev. Edge Pacers. Only because Nembhard will get assigned a below average defender (Dame/Beas) all series long.
SF - Nesmith vs Middleton. Edge Bucks. Playoff Middleton returns.
PF - Giannis vs Siakam. Edge Bucks if Giannis is healthy.
C - Turner vs Lopez. Slight Edge Pacers. Give me Turner's mobility and versatility over Brook.

Bench - McConnell, Hield, Toppin, Smith vs Beas, Portis, PatC, Crowder. Edge Pacers. We're going to need Playoff Pat to show up. Not looking forward to watching McConnell kill the Bucks again. Bucks need a huge series from Portis.

Coaching - :lol:

The Mathurin injury was obviously a huge loss for the Pacers. I actually think they were a better team with Mathurin/Brown than they are now with Siakam.
BigO
Analyst

Post#1576 » by BigO » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:14 pm

emunney wrote:
BigO wrote:

3) Your pollyanna view of the last four years is ahistorical. The Bucks won one title and it could be argued, absent a big toe against a depleted opponent, wouldn't have won any.

I can't resist posting this whenever somebody brings it up. Someday somebody else will join me.

Every damn toe on Durant's left foot was over the line. His *right* big toe was on the line.

Also, this was another instance where we should have gotten another shot at the end of the game but Bud for whatever reason didn't think it was worthwhile.

I'll join you. Several toes were over.
BigO
Analyst

Post#1577 » by BigO » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:29 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
BigO wrote:

1) There is no basis, other than biased opinion, that the culture at the end of last season was better than the culture now. In fact, the opposite seems true.

This is an actual insane take, regardless of whether one thinks Bud "lost the team" at the end (players literally **** revolted mid-season against the head coach lol). Everyone knows how you feel about Bud. Give it a rest.

You seem to want to continue to tell me when I should stop posting on a subject.

It goes back a while, but recently you told me not to post anymore about Portis because I was one of the few here who responded whenever someone wanted to trade him. You wanted to give him up for the guy from Dallas and I opposed it.

Now you tell me not to post about Bud, when you literally brought his name up as to one of the reasons the Bucks are bad. I haven't criticized Bud since his departure, except in response to posts like yours, but I guess I can't do that now either.

You are a very good poster, but I sometimes disagree with you. I'll try to avoid responding to anything you post.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,002

Post#1578 » by theFireBlanket » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:36 pm

Need Pat Bev to come with a gameplan to thwart Rone's boy TJ McConnell.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#1579 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:55 pm

BigO wrote:
emunney wrote:
BigO wrote:

I'll join you. Several toes were over.

2 feet on the line, and if he backs up, he misses short like he did the entire overtime.

However, it was beyond ridiculous that Giannis wasn't on him for this play. KD misses consistently when guarded by Giannis. Instead we put the short guy on him.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,685

Post#1580 » by chonestown » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:04 pm

Ol' Toe-Havin' Kevin Durant smh

If he Truly wanted to win, he could have foregone possessing toes. Instead, he made the following calculus: Toes > Larry O. Bryant's (sp?) Trophy.

If Michael Jordan had to sacrifice toes for another championship, Michael Jordan would have sacrificed toes for another championship he also would have still grown a Hitler mustache.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB

Return to Milwaukee Bucks