ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,553

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor 

Post#1641 » by PG Graveyard » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:39 pm

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue. The media is playing all the hits right now starting with Doris making the case for Brunson over Giannis for 1st team nba. What a bunch of bull
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,784

Post#1642 » by emunney » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:57 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue. The media is playing all the hits right now starting with Doris making the case for Brunson over Giannis for 1st team nba. What a bunch of bull

On one hand, Giannis is clearly better by a lot and there is no reasonable comparison to be made between the two as players. On the other hand, the Knicks won one more game. It's a tough call.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,784

Post#1643 » by emunney » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:58 pm

Let's remove Giannis from the equation. Try to imagine believing that Brunson is a TOP FIVE PLAYER in the league. It's asinine.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,735

Post#1644 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:02 pm

emunney wrote:Let's remove Giannis from the equation. Try to imagine believing that Brunson is a TOP FIVE PLAYER in the league. It's asinine.

I mean, Devin Booker did make All-NBA 1st team in 2022 over Steph. Not quite as bad, but still bad.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,114

Post#1645 » by humanrefutation » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:02 pm

Giannis slander is at an all time high.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,114

Post#1646 » by humanrefutation » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:04 pm

Read on Twitter
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,732

Post#1647 » by msiris » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:18 pm

If we don't even sniff the EC finals I do not care if Giannis is hurt. I am still blowing up this team except for Giannis. I have seen enough this season and don't want to see it next season. Still old and slow.
Ride the tank
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,678

Post#1648 » by BroncoBuck » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:27 pm

Giannis the player is undeniably one of the best 5 in the league.

Giannis the GM is not great.
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,506

Post#1649 » by Milbucks96 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:31 pm

Brunson has been great and is very exciting to watch, in no way has he been close to Giannis this year.
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,506

Post#1650 » by Milbucks96 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:37 pm

I usually think us bucks fans usually care too much about how Giannis is viewed and over exaggerate the “hate” around him. Giannis not being 1st team is insane.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,149

Post#1651 » by BigO » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:46 pm

Listening to some of this chatter is a surefire way to build ones ego. Just dumb stuff.

I would have just one questions for any of them. Would you trade any of these guys for Giannis. If it's yes, then disqualify them for life from providing any opinion on any subject.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,149

Post#1652 » by BigO » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:59 pm

The GM is the most important position in a sports organization. Much more important than a coach. The current coach of the team with the best record is a placeholder.

So Horst needs to be looked at. But I don't think you'll find many better ones.

The key moves to build this team were drafting Giannis and trading for KM. I don't know how much credit to give to Horst as an assistant, but maybe a little.

Outside of obvious moves like getting Jrue and trading for Dame (which 95% of this Board lauded and which I still laud), Horst's biggest hits were getting Lopez and Portis. That's pretty significant.

I believe the other big move of firing Bud was a no-brainer, which no doubt was forced on him by ownership (the flaws were too obvious) and probably some from the players.

The one big negative in my mind on Horst was the hiring of Griffin. Maybe Giannis wanted Griffin, but only because he was one of the three finalists. He never should have been on the list. The other criticism is signing KM and Lopez to another contract. I don't think he had a choice.

So unless you have someone you know is considerably better than Horst, I wouldn't fire him.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,913

Post#1653 » by Fotis St » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:27 pm

Matches Malone wrote:I haven't really cared about the discourse surrounding Giannis and the 1st team talk, but now I'm starting to see idiots who I don't even follow show up on my TL with tweets like this...

Read on Twitter

How did Giannis become so disliked in the media? No way I'd have Tatum or Brunson in before Giannis this season even though both those guys had excellent seasons. And now people want to bring team records into the discussion as if that has any bearing on it. This isn't the MVP vote lol.

Giannis "Legacy" is damaged by failing 3 years in row and becoming the most taunted / laughed at Player by shooting FTs after 15 seconds of breathe in and breath out, spining the ball, shiming his shoulders.... all this to get called 10 sec violations too many times.

At this point nobody watches Giannis as a basketball player and wants to be like him cause it is 80% athleticism and 20% skills...

This comes from the most die hard No1 fan Giannis ever had. It is what it is. He needs to fix alot of things he constantly escapes from fixing.

If you ask me how Giannis feels ... I think he doesn't really care any more ... He has mentaly retired, cooked by failing, growing up his kids, running of court business ... I think he is ok with everything he has achieved and lost his "eyes of the tiger". I don't blame him, it is kinda normal and he has been surrounded with teammates not of his "winning mentality" too many years. I wish him the best for him and his family but I think he is probably cooked mentaly.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,678

Post#1654 » by BroncoBuck » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:36 pm

The mark of a good GM is how quickly they can get out of bad deals. Horst got out of the DJ Augustine deal very quickly.

If this team doesn’t have a deep playoff run, I’m curious to see how quickly he is willing to blow up this core. There’s two players who are off limits (Giannis and Thanasis).
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,730

Post#1655 » by CharityStripe34 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:41 pm

Fotis St wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:I haven't really cared about the discourse surrounding Giannis and the 1st team talk, but now I'm starting to see idiots who I don't even follow show up on my TL with tweets like this...

Read on Twitter

How did Giannis become so disliked in the media? No way I'd have Tatum or Brunson in before Giannis this season even though both those guys had excellent seasons. And now people want to bring team records into the discussion as if that has any bearing on it. This isn't the MVP vote lol.

Giannis "Legacy" is damaged by failing 3 years in row and becoming the most taunted / laughed at Player by shooting FTs after 15 seconds of breathe in and breath out, spining the ball, shiming his shoulders.... all this to get called 10 sec violations too many times.

At this point nobody watches Giannis as a basketball player and wants to be like him cause it is 80% athleticism and 20% skills...

This comes from the most die hard No1 fan Giannis ever had. It is what it is. He needs to fix alot of things he constantly escapes from fixing.

If you ask me how Giannis feels ... I think he doesn't really care any more ... He has mentaly retired, cooked by failing, growing up his kids, running of court business ... I think he is ok with everything he has achieved and lost his "eyes of the tiger". I don't blame him, it is kinda normal and he has been surrounded with teammates not of his "winning mentality" too many years. I wish him the best for him and his family but I think he is probably cooked mentaly.

He also just had one of his most efficient seasons ever. He's not "cooked." Yeah, I hate the FT routine crap too. I think the roster is starting to pass its expiration date a bit, for sure.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,583

Post#1656 » by Frank Nova » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
Read on Twitter

Dame saying it's :nonono:

So Dame thinks Stephen A is our hero and gonna take pollution down to zero? I don’t get it :-?

:lol: :lol:

Is this really what Dame was referring to?? That’s hilarious
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,533

Post#1657 » by RogerMurdock » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 pm

FOTIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSS
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,553

Post#1658 » by PG Graveyard » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:57 pm

emunney wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue. The media is playing all the hits right now starting with Doris making the case for Brunson over Giannis for 1st team nba. What a bunch of bull

On one hand, Giannis is clearly better by a lot and there is no reasonable comparison to be made between the two as players. On the other hand, the Knicks won one more game. It's a tough call.

The one more win was the entirety of her argument too.
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,826

Post#1659 » by RubberSoul » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:52 pm

So if it was reversed and the Knicks had the same roster and season as the Bucks this year and the Bucks had the current Knicks roster and had the same season as the Knicks this year would such discourse exist? Not a chance in hell. Giannis would likely be leading MVP talk instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,685

Post#1660 » by chonestown » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:26 pm

Same forces keeping Giannis off the Olympic team. Jeru over Giannis???? surejan.jpeg
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB

Return to Milwaukee Bucks