ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,665

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Galloway Signed to 2 year, 2-Way Deal 

Post#1001 » by BroncoBuck » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:20 am

emunney wrote:
Ryan5UW wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
I’ve been one of the few Ayton supporters over the years, but nah. Dude sets the softest screens and after 6-years, he’s just never gonna be a guy willing to the do the dirty work. He’d be a game changer if he ever tried working on extending his range, but the mental makeup/work ethic isn’t there.

Yeah, I've seen nothing of that dude that says championship winner to me.

Seems like the kind of guy who'd go up 2-0 and end up getting 50 hung on him in the game 6 clincher.

I thought Ayton played really well in the Finals. The Suns didn’t have a backup center with Saric out and we took advantage of that. They were trotting Frank the Tank out there lol.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,958

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Galloway Signed to 2 year, 2-Way Deal 

Post#1002 » by BUCKnation » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:56 am

I think Ayton is solid, but i dont trust the mentality. No idea if it is legit or not, but the man said he had trouble getting sleep bc he slept on an air mattress for half the year. Like dude…
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,626

Post#1003 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:33 pm

DingleJerry wrote:Call me crazy, but being a starter on a team that made the Finals and was 2 games away from a title at like age 22 is a good thing.

Yup, and I think trying to win it with Giannis and Khris would be a million times easier than with Booker and Paul.
Xanadu
Sixth Man
And1: 433

Post#1004 » by Xanadu » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:35 am

I would definitely be looking to move Lopez this off season. Despite his seemingly finding the fountain of youth, father time always wins eventually. But the thing is his value will still be inflated for certain teams. See while his shooting and shot blocking are the headliners its not what makes him so hard to replace. Its those combined with his ability as a bruiser. His abilty to box out, his screens, his ability to use his length to clog passing lanes and shut down driving lanes. So despite his age I could see several teams over paying him. The Spurs to start his fit next Wemby is so good is almost sickening. The Pels and Zion are another team who could see him unlocking another level. Okc with Chet playing the 4 is another crazy good fit. Especially considering the less banging in post for him the better.
So with all that said as painful as it is you look to move Lopez for some upside and youth. Giannis at the 5 especially for closing lineups is the inevitable future. It just makes too much sense as the best use of his skills. So what do we look for in return is the question. Permiter D would be the first thing to look for. For OKC its probably a package based around Kenrich Williams and draft assets. Unless you can sell a Middleton Lopez pairing and try to pry Jaylin but doubt it. As for the Spurs i don't know what Vassels contract looks like but he would be a good add. Keldon Johnson jas some appeal as well.
Bucks fandom bringing me happiness still seems like a dream.
Xanadu
Sixth Man

Post#1005 » by Xanadu » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:38 am

The Pels have some interesting youth as well. Was big Herb Jones guy last year heard he is struggling though. Jose Alvarado perhaps? Just alot of intriguing options for Lopez trade this off season.
Xanadu
Sixth Man

Post#1006 » by Xanadu » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:44 am

The you see if you can get Klly Olnyk or someone similar to be half lopez for you. Actually how about trading Lopez to Kings for Malik Monk. Would have to be sign and trade for Monk and i know his fit with Lillard is not good. But i gotta tell you Monk is going to go be a starter and lead ball handler for a team. When he does he is going to shock people. His game and explosion are just so effortless combined with his shooting gets me hard. I think he is going to be a more efficient and impactful Donovan Mitchell next year. As long as he gets to go be a top 3 option somewhere mark my words.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 889

Post#1007 » by pifhluk23 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:00 am

So the Badger game gets 1080 but all the Bucks games have been 480 on the same exact channel...
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,518

Post#1008 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:13 am

pifhluk23 wrote:So the Badger game gets 1080 but all the Bucks games have been 480 on the same exact channel...

Badger game is on CBS 58. Bucks are on WMLW. Owned by the same company but not the same channel. One Bucks game was on 58. The WMLW games are in HD for me and look fine.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man

Post#1009 » by pifhluk23 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:34 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
pifhluk23 wrote:So the Badger game gets 1080 but all the Bucks games have been 480 on the same exact channel...

Badger game is on CBS 58. Bucks are on WMLW. Owned by the same company but not the same channel. One Bucks game was on 58. The WMLW games are in HD for me and look fine.

I've watched all the OTA and for whatever reason they are broadcast in 480 even says it on the info box. Looks worse then the 90s games.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,518

Post#1010 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:02 am

pifhluk23 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:

I've watched all the OTA and for whatever reason they are broadcast in 480 even says it on the info box. Looks worse then the 90s games.

Holy cow. OTA is usually better quality than cable or streaming. That's terrible.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,343

Post#1011 » by HKPackFan » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:11 am

Regular season heat is truly a different team.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,034

Post#1012 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:24 am

We will get 7th seed sixers with a fully healthy embiid and everyone will be weirdly excited not to play a 8th seed Heat.
ETA: or after our collective sigh of relief Heat will lose in the play-in.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,490

Post#1013 » by SupremeHustle » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:37 am

Are you serious? I would be livid. I wouldn't even watch. That's crazy in 2024.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#1014 » by tedbrogen » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:21 am

Xanadu wrote:The you see if you can get Klly Olnyk or someone similar to be half lopez for you. Actually how about trading Lopez to Kings for Malik Monk. Would have to be sign and trade for Monk and i know his fit with Lillard is not good. But i gotta tell you Monk is going to go be a starter and lead ball handler for a team. When he does he is going to shock people. His game and explosion are just so effortless combined with his shooting gets me hard. I think he is going to be a more efficient and impactful Donovan Mitchell next year. As long as he gets to go be a top 3 option somewhere mark my words.

Bucks can’t take back a S&T player per salary cap rules (above the hard cap threshold to do a S&T). Unless you also want them to dump Midds or Dame to a team with cap space because those are about the only moves getting them under the hard cap this offseason.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man

Post#1015 » by pifhluk23 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:25 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
pifhluk23 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Badger game is on CBS 58. Bucks are on WMLW. Owned by the same company but not the same channel. One Bucks game was on 58. The WMLW games are in HD for me and look fine.

Holy cow. OTA is usually better quality than cable or streaming. That's terrible.

Yeah I don't get it. Sports are high quality OTA, Packers are great, Badgers game was great quality. It's really baffling. I tweeted WMLW about it, they said nothing. Guess I'll have to go back to Bally for another month.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,957

Post#1016 » by soxperry » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:14 pm

This feels like the most boring regular season of the Giannis era. Ironic that none of the games seem to matter in a season where they created a new gimmick to make the regular season matter more. It did feel like it was working, but the minute the ist was over, it all just got very boring.

Lots of injuries, so maybe its just as simple as that. But im very much ready for the playoffs
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#1017 » by skbucks1985 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:13 pm

soxperry wrote:This feels like the most boring regular season of the Giannis era. Ironic that none of the games seem to matter in a season where they created a new gimmick to make the regular season matter more. It did feel like it was working, but the minute the ist was over, it all just got very boring.

Lots of injuries, so maybe its just as simple as that. But im very much ready for the playoffs

I disagree. I agree about the Bucks, they're fighting for the 2 seed, but I don't think 2 or 3 really matters that much right now because of how jumbled 4-8 are. But with the exception of Boston, Atlanta and Chicago every other team is within 2 games of at least one other team. Everybody is playing for something and while I think there are certain teams (Heat) that don't care about their seed, I think a lot of teams do and have been playing like it post all star break.
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,504

Post#1018 » by Milbucks96 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:53 pm

I think underwhelming is how I would describe watching the bucks this season. It’s been long stretches of it being a chore to get through games but we’ve had some entertaining ones since all star break. I think just being old and not having any exciting young guys makes it stale fast. Giannis is Giannis, Dame is more of a ft guy than the exciting shooter I thought, Brook is Brook, and Khris missed most of the year it feels like.

This is all just from an entertainment, enjoying watching the games aspect and not how good the team is and the potential of winning it all.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,343

Post#1019 » by HKPackFan » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:29 pm

skbucks1985 wrote:
soxperry wrote:This feels like the most boring regular season of the Giannis era. Ironic that none of the games seem to matter in a season where they created a new gimmick to make the regular season matter more. It did feel like it was working, but the minute the ist was over, it all just got very boring.

I disagree. I agree about the Bucks, they're fighting for the 2 seed, but I don't think 2 or 3 really matters that much right now because of how jumbled 4-8 are. But with the exception of Boston, Atlanta and Chicago every other team is within 2 games of at least one other team. Everybody is playing for something and while I think there are certain teams (Heat) that don't care about their seed, I think a lot of teams do and have been playing like it post all star break.

I won't say boring.

Just go back a few years pre giannis and realize what boring is.

I think underwhelming due to thinking this would be possibly the most exciting season of all time with dame and Giannis.

Dame is exciting in spurts, but hasn't been every game like we thought. Due to so many reasons we've discussed ad nauseum.

I'm still excited about the potential of Dame and Giannis and where seasons past the moment giannis was a no go, it was a punt game unless you liked getting 8-18 minutes of thanasis in a L blowout; this season Dame brings it without giannis and it's actually interesting.

Again underwhelmed but still excited to watch.
#FreeChuckDiesel
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,957

Post#1020 » by soxperry » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:37 pm

HKPackFan wrote:
skbucks1985 wrote:

I won't say boring.

Just go back a few years pre giannis and realize what boring is.

I think underwhelming due to thinking this would be possibly the most exciting season of all time with dame and Giannis.

Dame is exciting in spurts, but hasn't been every game like we thought. Due to so many reasons we've discussed ad nauseum.

I'm still excited about the potential of Dame and Giannis and where seasons past the moment giannis was a no go, it was a punt game unless you liked getting 8-18 minutes of thanasis in a L blowout; this season Dame brings it without giannis and it's actually interesting.

Again underwhelmed but still excited to watch.

i'm just talking about the Giannis era. there just haven't been a lot of big showdowns to get excited about. even when there are, a superstar will sit last minute or it will just be a blowout for whatever reason. there have definitely been moments that have been great, and now watching Dame do his thing down the stretch is very exciting, but in terms of team vs. team matchups, i've been pretty disappointed.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks