ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,137

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor 

Post#1741 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:38 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Just imagine if the T-Wolves were short-sighted enough to bail on Rudy after one incredibly underwhelming season.

Same as what's happening now. Not approaching the WCF.

So just punt on a 56-win season for a gaggle of role-players just because you're not convinced in their viability at making a deep postseason run before they've even had the chance to prove it? Bold move, and pretty much exactly indicative of the mentality some of us are talking about.

What do you mean not have the chance to prove it? This is the same team that Denver wiped the floor with last year. It's going to happen again this year, and Rudy will come back a year older and more expensive.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,769

Post#1742 » by jimmybones » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:47 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

So just punt on a 56-win season for a gaggle of role-players just because you're not convinced in their viability at making a deep postseason run before they've even had the chance to prove it? Bold move, and pretty much exactly indicative of the mentality some of us are talking about.

What do you mean not have the chance to prove it? This is the same team that Denver wiped the floor with last year. It's going to happen again this year, and Rudy will come back a year older and more expensive.

You answered your own question with the very next sentence, lol
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,088

Post#1743 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:48 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

I think you are being obtuse when you think a team that won 56 games last year has the same chance at success as a team that won 42. I get your point that this team may be maxed and not a real contender, but you have to be pretty damn good to win 56 games with your all-star PF getting injured with almost a 1/3 of the season left. You are basically saying maybe Boston and one other team should even try if your standard is not getting destroyed by Jokic.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,871

Post#1744 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:53 pm

They were literally a 42-win 8th seed last year and this season they won 56-games because all they did was basically not overreact and get a full season out of Conley/Gobert together. Also, like, do you agree that Gobert's trade value right now is significantly higher than it was at this point 365-days ago? Cuz if anything, that's arguably the only reason that matters as to why panic trading him for pennies on the dollar after one season (where he looked like a poor fit) would have been dumb.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,137

Post#1745 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:55 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:They were literally a 42-win 8th seed last year and this season they won 56-games because all they did was basically not overreact and get a full season out of Conley/Gobert together. Also, like, do you agree that Gobert's trade value right now is significantly higher than it was at this point 365-days ago? Cuz if anything, that's arguably the only reason that matters as to why panic trading him for pennies on the dollar after one season (where he looked like a poor fit) would have been dumb.

I'm saying it was dumb to trade for him in the first place. Just an insanely bad trade.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,893

Post#1746 » by fansinceforever » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:59 pm

So, what do WE have in common with the T Wolves? I'm not seeing it.

The roster around their core two players is far better than ours today and moving forward.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,346

Post#1747 » by jute2003 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:05 pm

If they don't at least make it to the ecf and look like they belong in that series, I'm hoping everyone but Dame and giannis is shopped hard. Khris, Brooke, Bobby, pat, the young guys. Ship em out and rebuild. The team is old and unathletic which would be alright if they always gave a **** but that is not the case. Between injury issues, lackadaisical bull, and no urgency, this team as it stands is on its last chance to do something.
only a fan, only an opinion
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,191

Post#1748 » by DingleJerry » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:07 pm

Also, who knows how far being good again this year factored into the owner keeping the team in MN instead of selling it for the eventual move to LV. But ringz and all.

That said, I of course agree trading as much as they did for a D first big in today's NBA was nutso, especially while also paying another big 40 mil per year. But that doesn't mean they still don't have a pretty pretty good team.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,982

Post#1749 » by BUCKnation » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:11 pm

Eh, Minnesota did really well in that series last year considering Rudy was pretty injured and they lost their best wing defender right before the playoffs b/c he was an idiot and punched a wall. They have a very legit shot to beat them this year.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,871

Post#1750 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:14 pm

Nobody made a critique of the original Gobert trade (which still may or may not be premature to judge). Nobody's comparing the Bucks roster with the Wolves. The point was that trading Gobert just to dump his contract after last season would have been a premature, sunk-cost asset dump while the Wolves would be a much worse team this year. Is that even objectively debatable?
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,601

Post#1751 » by PG Graveyard » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:48 pm

The difference between Dame and Gobert is I believe Dame has more value than Gobert did last offseason. Dames marketing dept has done a great job building up excuses for why he sucked this year. Gobert didn’t and doesn’t have that. Plus the Wolves have the obvious move of moving Kat if it didn’t work out.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,326

Post#1752 » by rilamann » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:56 pm

ILC wrote:Dame's business partner:

Read on Twitter

That's a lot of BS crammed into 1 paragraph.

The best part is Dame's salesmen telling us that if only Dame had more time to gel with Giannis things would have been different.

Dame had a full training camp and an 82 game season to gel with Giannis.

But if Dame and Giannis had hung out a couple times in August, the Bucks would have won 60+ games.

And I am sure a player as great as Giannis is just impossible to figure out how to play with.

GTFO.

Also hilarious saying he wished Dame had been traded to Milwaukee earlier in the summer.

You mean when Dame and his agent were being reprimanded by the league because Dame and his agent said that they wouldn't accept a trade didn't land him in Miami?

I get it coming from ''Dame's business partner'' but the excuses for Dame are just endless.

Dame's tenure as a Milwaukee Buck is a meme at this point.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,853

Post#1753 » by emunney » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:12 pm

If you look at the crosstabs of on-off ratings with our consensus top 4 players, the top 5 lineups are all Dame on lineups, including the one where only Dame is playing.

Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,207

Post#1754 » by FrieAaron » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:13 pm

emunney wrote:If you look at the crosstabs of on-off ratings with our consensus top 4 players, the top 5 lineups are all Dame on lineups, including the one where only Dame is playing.

Thank you. I didn't have the energy.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,661

Post#1755 » by -Jragon- » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:18 am

rilamann wrote:
ILC wrote:Dame's business partner:

Read on Twitter

That's a lot of BS crammed into 1 paragraph.

The best part is Dame's salesmen telling us that if only Dame had more time to gel with Giannis things would have been different.

Dame had a full training camp and an 82 game season to gel with Giannis.

But if Dame and Giannis had hung out a couple times in August, the Bucks would have won 60+ games.

And I am sure a player as great as Giannis is just impossible to figure out how to play with.

GTFO.

Also hilarious saying he wished Dame had been traded to Milwaukee earlier in the summer.

You mean when Dame and his agent were being reprimanded by the league because Dame and his agent said that they wouldn't accept a trade didn't land him in Miami?

I get it coming from ''Dame's business partner'' but the excuses for Dame are just endless.

Dame's tenure as a Milwaukee Buck is a meme at this point.

There has been a definite learning curve. Giannis's basketball IQ is not off the charts. His post, pick and roll and even boxing out were lacking and often covered up by athleticism and maybe simplistic Bud strategy. He's come a LONG way.

I also think if we won it all this year we'd
probably be the 1st team ever to win it all changing coaches 2 times and trading 2 starters. I'd say we owe it at least one offseason with a set coach and give the GM a year to replenish the 3 and D holes created while getting GA a superstar to pair with.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,622

Post#1756 » by JayMKE » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:47 am

Lillard isn’t going to figure out defense in year 13, he’s not getting any younger, there’s no logical reason to assume the fit will be better. This isn’t a championship team since Dame isn’t a winning player and Doc Rivers is our coach. You move Dame ASAP before his contract is unmovable and our team is totally crippled, time is not on his side.
FREE GIANNIS
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,639

Post#1757 » by Gianstoppable » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:57 pm

JayMKE wrote:Lillard isn’t going to figure out defense in year 13, he’s not getting any younger, there’s no logical reason to assume the fit will be better. This isn’t a championship team since Dame isn’t a winning player and Doc Rivers is our coach. You move Dame ASAP before his contract is unmovable and our team is totally crippled, time is not on his side.

You people crack me up, Dame has another 3+ great years left in him. He was streaky this year but he's still the best offensive player outside of Giannis that Giannis has ever played with and he can run an offense better than anyone Giannis has played with too. I think some of you need to go outside and touch grass and realize everything isn't always doom and gloom
#FreeChuckDiesel
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,742

Post#1758 » by msiris » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:17 pm

I don't care how close they are. All I care about is on is on court production. We will see how the playffs go.
Ride the tank
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,742

Post#1759 » by msiris » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:29 pm

Gianstoppable wrote:
JayMKE wrote:Lillard isn’t going to figure out defense in year 13, he’s not getting any younger, there’s no logical reason to assume the fit will be better. This isn’t a championship team since Dame isn’t a winning player and Doc Rivers is our coach. You move Dame ASAP before his contract is unmovable and our team is totally crippled, time is not on his side.

You people crack me up, Dame has another 3+ great years left in him. He was streaky this year but he's still the best offensive player outside of Giannis that Giannis has ever played with and he can run an offense better than anyone Giannis has played with too. I think some of you need to go outside and touch grass and realize everything isn't always doom and gloom
Maybe you are the one who is crazy. This pass season was one of worse seasons since pre Bud years. How do you expect people to feel? Still old and slow.
Ride the tank
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,508

Post#1760 » by GoldenAntlers » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:31 pm

msiris wrote:
Gianstoppable wrote:

Maybe you are the one who is crazy. This pass season was one of worse seasons since pre Bud years. How do you expect people to feel? Still old and slow.
Not miserable, would be a good starting point.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu

Return to Milwaukee Bucks