Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor 

Post#1781 » by dbrodz7 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:04 pm

msiris wrote:
dbrodz7 wrote:
msiris wrote:Could not beat Washington, Memphis, or Toronto at home down the stretch. Giannis is now hurt. I wonder why people are down.

And if they come out and win today nobody will even remember any of that sh*t happened.
So you think that what happened the last two weeks of the season will just magically disappear? I hope so.

If they were to win by 15 today I don’t think a single person is talking about the last two weeks besides the Giannis injury. The team account even posted a hype video talking about how the last 82 games didn’t mean anything.
Misery loves company
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 991

Post#1782 » by MiltownMadness » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:27 pm

msiris wrote:
dbrodz7 wrote:
msiris wrote:Could not beat Washington, Memphis, or Toronto at home down the stretch. Giannis is now hurt. I wonder why people are down.

And if they come out and win today nobody will even remember any of that sh*t happened.
So you think that what happened the last two weeks of the season will just magically disappear? I hope so.

Never forget that many of you wanted Giannis traded during our 2021 run. This place sucks
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#1783 » by dbrodz7 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:32 pm

MiltownMadness wrote:
msiris wrote:
dbrodz7 wrote:

Never forget that many of you wanted Giannis traded during our 2021 run. This place sucks

People on here wanted Giannis traded this year at the start of the season. People are currently talking about trading him and blowing it all up. I agree that it’s madness, no blow up plan includes trading Giannis unless he demands to be moved
Misery loves company
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,504

Post#1784 » by GoldenAntlers » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:37 pm

MiltownMadness wrote:
msiris wrote:
dbrodz7 wrote:

Let's not get carried away.

It was a couple people who suggested it might be worth looking into trades followed by their endless defense against the backlash of the very notion.

The outrage was far more vocal by those who took offense than those who asked a question.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,890

Post#1785 » by fansinceforever » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:42 pm

Lol I don't remember anyone wanting to trade Giannis. People assumed it was possible that Giannis either wouldn't sign his extension or that he may ask for a trade considering our failures so they cooked up trade ideas.

I don't remember anyone actively cooking up trades for Giannis bc they genuinely thought we'd be better without him. That's insane.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,742

Post#1786 » by msiris » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:51 pm

MiltownMadness wrote:
msiris wrote:
dbrodz7 wrote:

Not me. That was foolish.
Ride the tank
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,738

Post#1787 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:14 pm

msiris wrote:
BigO wrote:I promised I wouldn't get into another full-blown Bobby discussion, but to make it short:

1) The narrative that he has been abysmal is just another false narrative that repetition has transformed into fact.

2) Below are his playoff numbers. They are not as good as the regular season, because most players numbers drop during the playoffs. That's why scores are usually much lower.

3) His rebounding has remained very good in the playoffs. It's his three point shooting that dropped significantly.

4) I like Bobby as a scoring and rebounding spark off the bench. I don't like him having to start, which he will probably have to do today and has had to do in many of his playoff appearances.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/bobby-portis-career-playoff-stats
The only problem I have with Bobby is defensively. Need another big who can hold down low.

I think we need another big that can hold his own on the perimeter, not concerned about our post defense.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,738

Post#1788 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:17 pm

msiris wrote:
dbrodz7 wrote:

So you think how we played against Minnesota, Denver, OKC, and Boston, the games we actually cared about, are the actual outliers?

That doesn't really add up
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#1789 » by MiltownMadness » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:21 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:
msiris wrote:So you think that what happened the last two weeks of the season will just magically disappear? I hope so.

Let's not get carried away.

It was a couple people who suggested it might be worth looking into trades followed by their endless defense against the backlash of the very notion.

The outrage was far more vocal by those who took offense than those who asked a question.

That's revisionist history, people were up in arms after going 0-2 vs Nets and plenty were doing more than "suggesting". We both know this place is a cesspool of negative reactions, don't gotta deny it.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,853

Post#1790 » by emunney » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:22 pm

MiltownMadness wrote:
msiris wrote:
dbrodz7 wrote:

Not "many". Also never forget that 1 out of 10 movie critics gave Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked a positive review. They say it takes all kinds but I find it hard to believe that some kinds are truly necessary.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#1791 » by MiltownMadness » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:26 pm

emunney wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:
msiris wrote:So you think that what happened the last two weeks of the season will just magically disappear? I hope so.

Not "many". Also never forget that 1 out of 10 movie critics gave Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked a positive review. They say it takes all kinds but I find it hard to believe that some kinds are truly necessary.

Yes, Bucks realgm, the beacon of calm reactions and straight thinking. It was plenty, I'll never forget :lol: At least you aren't denying that it didn't happen
emunney
RealGM

Post#1792 » by emunney » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:31 pm

MiltownMadness wrote:
emunney wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:Never forget that many of you wanted Giannis traded during our 2021 run. This place sucks

Yes, Bucks realgm, the beacon of calm reactions and straight thinking. It was plenty, I'll never forget :lol:

The posts are still there, you can find them if you want to support your claim. I won't disagree it was "plenty". None would have been enough.
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#1793 » by MiltownMadness » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:32 pm

emunney wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:
emunney wrote:

Yes, Bucks realgm, the beacon of calm reactions and straight thinking. It was plenty, I'll never forget :lol:

The posts are still there, you can find them if you want to support your claim. I won't disagree it was "plenty". None would have been enough.

I don't have to support anything, we both know it happened :dontknow: Don't need to air out dirty laundry for some prominent posters on here. I welcome all to go read the Game thread and PG thread for Bucks/Nets game 2!
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#1794 » by BigO » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:42 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
msiris wrote:
BigO wrote:I promised I wouldn't get into another full-blown Bobby discussion, but to make it short:

1) The narrative that he has been abysmal is just another false narrative that repetition has transformed into fact.

2) Below are his playoff numbers. They are not as good as the regular season, because most players numbers drop during the playoffs. That's why scores are usually much lower.

3) His rebounding has remained very good in the playoffs. It's his three point shooting that dropped significantly.

4) I like Bobby as a scoring and rebounding spark off the bench. I don't like him having to start, which he will probably have to do today and has had to do in many of his playoff appearances.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/bobby-portis-career-playoff-stats
The only problem I have with Bobby is defensively. Need another big who can hold down low.

I think we need another big that can hold his own on the perimeter, not concerned about our post defense.

Good point. If the Bucks are going to switch on defense, you need someone who can handle things outside. Portis has been playing really good defense lately, but that's not his forte.

But at this point, who can handle the perimeter? I don't have confidence in Crowder. Hopefully, the refs will allow more physical play.
emunney
RealGM

Post#1795 » by emunney » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:56 pm

MiltownMadness wrote:
emunney wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:Yes, Bucks realgm, the beacon of calm reactions and straight thinking. It was plenty, I'll never forget :lol:

I don't have to support anything, we both know it happened :dontknow: Don't need to air out dirty laundry for some prominent posters on here. I welcome all to go read the Game thread and PG thread for Bucks/Nets game 2!

Alright, I'm reading it. Page 12 before somebody suggests it as a possibility, games it out, and comes down against it. Several explicit calls to not trade him. Plenty of Fire Bud. Plenty of criticism for everyone. Plenty of wailing and gnashing of teeth. Plenty of "trade for Dame", even. But even rilamann didn't go for Trade Giannis and was far more measured than you might expect.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,976

Post#1796 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:09 pm

There are always some crazy hot takes during games and immediately after games. We've all had them. I don't read anything into it. Of course there are some crazy takes that are outside of those parameters. :lol:

But there is also a lot of good debate and discussion and that's what I enjoy about this place.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#1797 » by MiltownMadness » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:16 pm

emunney wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:
emunney wrote:

Alright, I'm reading it. Page 12 before somebody suggests it as a possibility, games it out, and comes down against it. Several explicit calls to not trade him. Plenty of Fire Bud. Plenty of criticism for everyone. Plenty of wailing and gnashing of teeth. Plenty of "trade for Dame", even. But even rilamann didn't go for Trade Giannis and was far more measured than you might expect.

I'm sorry that I made you read that pile of filth
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,504

Post#1798 » by GoldenAntlers » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:16 pm

Also scrolled through it and what jumped out to me is how unified we were that something was terribly wrong.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
emunney
RealGM

Post#1799 » by emunney » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:33 pm

MiltownMadness wrote:
emunney wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:I don't have to support anything, we both know it happened :dontknow: Don't need to air out dirty laundry for some prominent posters on here. I welcome all to go read the Game thread and PG thread for Bucks/Nets game 2!

Appreciate it, but you're not responsible for my unhealthy compulsions.
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#1800 » by MiltownMadness » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:39 pm

emunney wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:
emunney wrote:

Appreciate it, but you're not responsible for my unhealthy compulsions.

Hear that, I think we all know our obsession with the Bucks is an unhealthy compulsion all in itself.

I'm not trying to say I'm some zen mode, never react negatively guy. Just this place can fluctuate between worst place to read about Bucks on the internet to best place based off what happened yesterday. Sometimes its better to just wait and see before you make yourself look stupid

Return to Milwaukee Bucks