ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#1101 » by Profound23 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:25 pm

Don't worry guys in a few years Giannis will be gone and we will be constantly tanking in hopes of drafting another star player.

As annoying as this rollercoaster has been since Giannis got hurt vs Miami last year I still appreciate what we have, because we won't have him for much longer
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,456

Post#1102 » by steger_3434 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:30 pm

Profound23 wrote:Don't worry guys in a few years Giannis will be gone and we will be constantly tanking in hopes of drafting another star player.

As annoying as this rollercoaster has been since Giannis got hurt vs Miami last year I still appreciate what we have, because we won't have him for much longer

This roller coaster has been longer since last years Miami series. For me it started with the Boston series the year before when we were told Middleton would be back any day

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,541

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Beverly possibly out for year (wrist) 

Post#1103 » by PG Graveyard » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:34 pm

DingleJerry wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:Reggie Miller has Dame in his top 10 all time and realgm dudes think he's maybe Mo Williams with a green light

Well I think he meant top 10 clutch or guys to go to end of game. Not overall players. But yea

Still a ridiculous take on top of nothing but ridiculous takes from miller
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,173

Post#1104 » by DingleJerry » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:01 pm

chonestown wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:I'd guess the Barkely comment was more about working/training, not so much about not playing hard in the games. Especially when compared to Giannis who's worked himself into a physical beast while chuck was the round mound.

Plenty of in-game statistics and footage to judge Barkley. How the fk is one to judge undocumented and unmeasured off-court activities?

Dum state ments need not be rationalized.imo

Take it up all you want, idc. I'm just saying I don't think he was talking about playing hard in games. The person probably meant that he was known as pudgy whereas Giannis is freakshow. And yea it was a different time and way less training science but it is what it is. Or can it not also be said about Shaq since he was still good so he gets a free pass for being way overweight the second half of his career
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Beverly possibly out for year (wrist) 

Post#1105 » by DingleJerry » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:04 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:Reggie Miller has Dame in his top 10 all time and realgm dudes think he's maybe Mo Williams with a green light

Well I think he meant top 10 clutch or guys to go to end of game. Not overall players. But yea

Still a ridiculous take on top of nothing but ridiculous takes from miller

I'd venture many lists put together about clutch go to guys would have Dame on it. You have your MJ, Bird, Kobe, Reggie, guys automatically on it (Kobe way overrated imo) and then its a whole bunch of debatable and he'd be in the discussion.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,683

Post#1106 » by chonestown » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:25 pm

DingleJerry wrote:
chonestown wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:I'd guess the Barkely comment was more about working/training, not so much about not playing hard in the games. Especially when compared to Giannis who's worked himself into a physical beast while chuck was the round mound.

Plenty of in-game statistics and footage to judge Barkley. How the fk is one to judge undocumented and unmeasured off-court activities?

Take it up all you want, idc. I'm just saying I don't think he was talking about playing hard in games. The person probably meant that he was known as pudgy whereas Giannis is freakshow. And yea it was a different time and way less training science but it is what it is. Or can it not also be said about Shaq since he was still good so he gets a free pass for being way overweight the second half of his career

Barkley fat rookie year
Barkley loses 0.33 of an Earl Boykins after rookie year and keeps it off for the rest of his 16 year career
Barkley gains back 0.33 of an Earl Boykins and than some immediately afterwards

Conclusion: Barkley lazy

Amount Shaq factors into this discussion: 0.0% (approx)
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#1107 » by DingleJerry » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:43 pm

chonestown wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:
chonestown wrote:

Barkley fat rookie year
Barkley loses 0.33 of an Earl Boykins after rookie year and keeps it off for the rest of his 16 year career
Barkley gains back 0.33 of an Earl Boykins and than some immediately afterwards

Conclusion: Barkley lazy

Amount Shaq factors into this discussion: 0.0% (approx)

No, Shaq affects your previous argument that since someone is good that it doesn't matter or can't be true. That is just logically false and Shaq proves it.

If you want to say Barkley was in great shape go ahead, idc. Many viewed him as pudgy and he had round mound nickname. Thus someone saying he likely didn't work/train as hard as someone like Giannis (or to the closest comp of his era in how in shape Malone was). All I was saying is that's what I think the OP was getting at not that he didn't play hard in games.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,773

Post#1108 » by emunney » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:30 pm

Barkley got the Round Mound of Rebound nickname when he was at Auburn, when he was much rounder. Like chones said, he literally worked his ass off between his first and second years in Philly.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
chonestown
General Manager

Post#1109 » by chonestown » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:35 pm

DingleJerry wrote:No, Shaq affects your previous argument that since someone is good that it doesn't matter or can't be true. That is just logically false and Shaq proves it.

The fk are you to define what I'm posting about.

Post goes up about Charles Barkley
Reply goes up about Charles Barkley
Ergo, discussion includes Shaq.

Simp mindset.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-DCB
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#1110 » by DingleJerry » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:48 pm

chonestown wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:No, Shaq affects your previous argument that since someone is good that it doesn't matter or can't be true. That is just logically false and Shaq proves it.

Simp mindset.

Here's the logic you went with: we have footage of Barkley showing how good he was so its a terrible take to say he's lazy/out of shape etc. That's what you said.

For that logic to be correct it would have to fall under the premise that if one is good, like elite level good, that means they can't be lazy/out of shape. Besides basic common sense, Shaq proves that logic is wrong.

Yes, using logic is "simp" whatever that is, ok. Using street slang someone else invented to sound young and cool seems pretty simp mindset to me. Insulting people instead of actually making a legit discussion/argument seems pretty simp to me. cap, no cap or something idk

If you want to go argue with the OP that Charles was in shape go ahead. I don't care. I was merely pointing out thats what the OP likely meant, not that Chuck didn't play hard as someone said.
chonestown
General Manager

Post#1111 » by chonestown » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:08 pm

DingleJerry wrote:
chonestown wrote:

Simp mindset.

Here's the logic you went with: we have footage of Barkley showing how good he was so its a terrible take to say he's lazy/out of shape etc. That's what you said.

For that logic to be correct it would have to fall under the premise that if one is good, like elite level good, that means they can't be lazy/out of shape. Besides basic common sense, Shaq proves that logic is wrong.

Yes, using logic is "simp" whatever that is, ok. Using street slang someone else invented to sound young and cool seems pretty simp mindset to me. Insulting people instead of actually making a legit discussion/argument seems pretty simp to me.

If you want to go argue with the OP that Charles was in shape go ahead. I don't care. I was merely pointing out thats what the OP likely meant, not that Chuck didn't play hard as someone said.

Whenever common sense is invoked seems to rely heavier on the "common" side of the equation and go a bit lighter on "sense."

Enjoy crafting arguments to points not made using sidelights unexplored.

-DCB
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#1112 » by DingleJerry » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:13 pm

chonestown wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:
chonestown wrote:

Simp mindset.

Yes, using logic is "simp" whatever that is, ok. Using street slang someone else invented to sound young and cool seems pretty simp mindset to me. Insulting people instead of actually making a legit discussion/argument seems pretty simp to me.

Whenever common sense is invoked seems to rely heavier on the "common" side of the equation and go a bit lighter on "sense."

Enjoy crafting arguments to points not made using sidelights unexplored.

Simp.

It was your argument and what you said. Quote: "in-game statistics and footage to judge Barkley". I was just pointing out that it was not logical, which it wasn't. Doesn't mean your view that he was in shape is wrong, go argue with the other guy. But the argument of "we have stats/footage and look how good he was" is not a legit argument in the discussion and isn't supported with basic logic.

Enjoy insulting people when you can't make a real point and picking a fight/argument over nothing. My only point: the OP probably meant their work on being in shape, not on how hard Chuck played. IDK, seems fairly benign to me and not worth a bunch of posts coming at me and insulting me. But sure, insults and hot takes aren't simp or something, you're cool. maybe thats fleek or say less, low key
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,332

Post#1113 » by KidA24 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:54 am

11th on offense over 1/4 of the season.

That's a failure by this team.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,951

Post#1114 » by stillgotgame » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:49 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Lowe

Milwaukee is now 13-8 in its past 21 games -- tied for 11th in offense and sixth in defense in that stretch. That's good, but not quite as empathic a statement as it would want to make before the postseason.

This is a complete garbage take. Lowe selected games that started with 3 games against Charlotte to pad our record and stats with Doc.

Reality is we are 14-13 with Doc as coach vs 30-13 with Griffin.
Our defense ranks 21st in the NBA for the month of March. We still stink.

https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/advanced?Month=6&dir=A&sort=DEF_RATING

Doc has refused to play young guys, thus guaranteeing we have no room for improvement.

What this take should say is the Bucks play better D against Charlotte with Doc as coach than we did against Detroit with Griffin as coach. Big frikkin deal.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#1115 » by theFireBlanket » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:26 am

Do Dame & Giannis like eachother? Cue the official thread.

Spoiler:
Khris & Giannis went from enemies (vying for #1) to best friends. Stirring the pot for jinxery.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,898

Post#1116 » by Fotis St » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:50 am

As Giannis No1 fan ... I posted that Giannis is probably a Charles Barkley who got lucky and got one. I am the same dude who was posting that Giannis is the modern MJ and the Bucks need to treat him like that by getting him a better coach than Bud and a better duo than Khris, that was like 2 years ago. Time flies guys, Giannis is not the same hungry beast anymore, his knees are probably permanently damaged, his FT routine and % is evidence that hard work is not enough, you need to add IQ meaning that you have to figure out what is wrong and polish it, reps are not enough to get you to the goat level. His pics are comical, he refuses to contact the defender. Barkley was 6'6, Giannis is 7'0, off course Charles worked extremely hard to get to the Finals and win MVP too.

In my opinion we are witnessing the work of Bud's random basketball, it only takes you to a ring with alot of luck. Our core are so clueless to adversity and reading, reacting or improvising when they face something new. Our basketball IQ of our core (Lillard excluded, don't know him well enough) is below average among Champions who won a ring.

If we don't win this year, we have to completely deBUD the Bucks, trade Brook, Pat even Khris and replace Horst. Though Doc was not in my wish list I would give him another full season with Giannis Dame and a roster that can play his type of game.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,728

Post#1117 » by CharityStripe34 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:33 pm

Fotis St wrote:As Giannis No1 fan ... I posted that Giannis is probably a Charles Barkley who got lucky and got one. I am the same dude who was posting that Giannis is the modern MJ and the Bucks need to treat him like that by getting him a better coach than Bud and a better duo than Khris, that was like 2 years ago. Time flies guys, Giannis is not the same hungry beast anymore, his knees are probably permanently damaged, his FT routine and % is evidence that hard work is not enough, you need to add IQ meaning that you have to figure out what is wrong and polish it, reps are not enough to get you to the goat level. His pics are comical, he refuses to contact the defender. Barkley was 6'6, Giannis is 7'0, off course Charles worked extremely hard to get to the Finals and win MVP too.

In my opinion we are witnessing the work of Bud's random basketball, it only takes you to a ring with alot of luck. Our core are so clueless to adversity and reading, reacting or improvising when they face something new. Our basketball IQ of our core (Lillard excluded, don't know him well enough) is below average among Champions who won a ring.

If we don't win this year, we have to completely deBUD the Bucks, trade Brook, Pat even Khris and replace Horst. Though Doc was not in my wish list I would give him another full season with Giannis Dame and a roster that can play his type of game.

That's a bit dramatic. He's neither Barkley nor MJ. He's Giannis. And he's a generational talent. You don't become a unanimous 1st Team All-NBA for 6 years running and suddenly "lose your hunger." He's as good as he's ever been. Yes, I agree the FT routine switch-ups are ridiculous and his shooting coach should be shot into the sun permanently. His incessant taking 12-15 seconds is what ruins it. He thinks way too hard and his shooting motion slows to a crawl, which results in a very mechanical shot with a hitch. That being said, neither Shaq nor Duncan were elite FT guys either. I would sacrifice a baby goat today if it guaranteed Giannis to become a 75-80% FT shooter.

What's funny about your "De-BUD" comment is that Gianni just talked about how we need to play with quicker pace and more instinct (which Bud preached). I also have noticed that Doc has tried hard to have the Bucks improve their half-court sets, but to some mixed results. And for all the consternation about Giannis slipping screens as opposed to setting harder picks, I've also noticed Dame has struggled all season to get by even bigs, or throw pocket-passes to Giannis on the roll. And, yea, he was probably annoyed the last game (and others) when he spent all fourth quarter setting screens and rolling to watch Dame and Khris build skyscrapers. Especially when pre-ASB he was leading the NBA in 4th quarter scoring.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 897

Post#1118 » by pifhluk23 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

That's exactly what it was about and of course taken out of context because that's all the internet is now. It's well known that Barkley was lazy off the court.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,507

Post#1119 » by SupremeHustle » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:54 pm

Who says no this summer?

jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,632

Post#1120 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:59 pm

stillgotgame wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Lowe

Milwaukee is now 13-8 in its past 21 games -- tied for 11th in offense and sixth in defense in that stretch. That's good, but not quite as empathic a statement as it would want to make before the postseason.

This is a complete garbage take. Lowe selected games that started with 3 games against Charlotte to pad our record and stats with Doc.

Reality is we are 14-13 with Doc as coach vs 30-13 with Griffin.
Our defense ranks 21st in the NBA for the month of March. We still stink.

https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/advanced?Month=6&dir=A&sort=DEF_RATING

Doc has refused to play young guys, thus guaranteeing we have no room for improvement.

What this take should say is the Bucks play better D against Charlotte with Doc as coach than we did against Detroit with Griffin as coach. Big frikkin deal.

How was the defense against OKC?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks