ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,114

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Galloway Signed to 2 year, 2-Way Deal 

Post#1021 » by BigO » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:39 pm

Random observations:

1) Does Malcolm Brogdon ever play?

2) I see DDV had 31 pts today and Miles McBride had another good game with 26. Thibs played him 48 minutes. Watch out for the Knicks if they get healthy.

3) I see Jonte Porter is getting good minutes for the Raptors. They must be in full tank mode. I watched him a lot for the Herd last year and he had a hard time running the floor with his bad knee.
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,525

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Galloway Signed to 2 year, 2-Way Deal 

Post#1022 » by drone3 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:39 am

BigO wrote:Random observations:

1) Does Malcolm Brogdon ever play?

2) I see DDV had 31 pts today and Miles McBride had another good game with 26. Thibs played him 48 minutes. Watch out for the Knicks if they get healthy.

3) I see Jonte Porter is getting good minutes for the Raptors. They must be in full tank mode. I watched him a lot for the Herd last year and he had a hard time running the floor with his bad knee.
So wanted Deuce... He's making a statement on both sides of the court. Played some nice D against Curry the other night as well
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,525

Post#1023 » by drone3 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:40 am

Jeff Green would have been the perfect old man to pick up in the offseason
Xanadu
Sixth Man
And1: 433

Post#1024 » by Xanadu » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:58 am

tedbrogen wrote:
Xanadu wrote:The you see if you can get Klly Olnyk or someone similar to be half lopez for you. Actually how about trading Lopez to Kings for Malik Monk. Would have to be sign and trade for Monk and i know his fit with Lillard is not good. But i gotta tell you Monk is going to go be a starter and lead ball handler for a team. When he does he is going to shock people. His game and explosion are just so effortless combined with his shooting gets me hard. I think he is going to be a more efficient and impactful Donovan Mitchell next year. As long as he gets to go be a top 3 option somewhere mark my words.

Bucks can’t take back a S&T player per salary cap rules (above the hard cap threshold to do a S&T). Unless you also want them to dump Midds or Dame to a team with cap space because those are about the only moves getting them under the hard cap this offseason.

Well damn that's **** to learn. Doesn't really matter because of fit with Lillard being bad. Still though have been on the Monk train since he got the prove deal from the Lakers. Guys with that kind of effortless explosion and pure looking jumper always get me excited. That and his handle is pretty underrated imo. Think he has another level to unlock on the right team.
Bucks fandom bringing me happiness still seems like a dream.
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,484

Post#1025 » by neiLz » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:42 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,752

Post#1026 » by emunney » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:07 pm

neiLz wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Always cool when the numbers line up behind the intuition.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
drdrG
Rookie
And1: 813

Post#1027 » by drdrG » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:40 pm

For as much of a struggle this season has been to date, it's lining up as well as you could hope for given the turmoil. The team is coalescing, building a defensive minded identity, getting healthy and playing well against the top teams with several more tests left. We are likely locked into a seed that guarantees we avoid Boston as long as possible if we get there. Every year, bet on the teams playing well going into the postseason who have another level to reach.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,957

Post#1028 » by BUCKnation » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:42 am

Those stats have been the buoy in the storm all year for hope. Now that we have some competent coaching and the role guys are playing way better, it definitely has the fanbase feeling better about our chances.
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,484

Post#1029 » by neiLz » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:05 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Stopped reading articles because I trust my eyes and brain. But sports writing and analysts now are all pretty bad. You can tell that he hasn't seen any bucks games and just looks at the net rating and made up his mind.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,704

Post#1030 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:18 pm

I read it against my better judgement. Net-rating analysis has rotted so many peoples' brains. Dude even admits in the first paragraph that he thought it was a mistake to fire Griffin. He's absolutely clueless.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#1031 » by raferfenix » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:58 pm

So Jrue seems sincere that he really didn’t know he was getting traded.

….but who did he think the Bucks were offering up in Bradley Beal deals?

Certainly not saying Jon Horst couldn’t have handled it more respectfully. Think he just kept it as tight as possible considering how important getting Dame was, which is understandable even if it was callous.

Just don’t be mad at Jon.

Be mad at Giannis. He’d obviously deal Holiday since picking Dame first at the All-Star game and turned the screws up until after we got him.

“I'm taking a nap, and I see a call from the GM [general manager], and I'm like, ‘I'll call him back.' Like, I'm deep in this nap too,” Holiday jokingly told Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green on The Draymond Green Show. “And then two seconds later, my agent called me. So I pick up his call and he's like, ‘You talk to him?' I'm like, ‘Nah bro, I'm sleeping.' He's like, ‘Well, you just got traded, so you should probably call him back.' And then, I end up looking at my phone and he ended up texting me everything that was happening, like, ‘Yeah, we traded you here.' He ended up saying that they traded me for Damian Lillard.

“So I also had no clue. I think for me, it was just a shock because at least let me know 24 hours in advance, not five minutes in advance. And maybe I am asking for too much. I mean I won there.

https://clutchpoints.com/celtics-news-jrue-holiday-rips-bucks-damian-lillard-trade?fbclid=IwAR2o4Y85YzfwzoLe1Q3AXzzFOn8hfGQ5wmcZe9dFTs_s5d_M0vq0nLfdOhQ_aem_AaiRztTRq_OTHzsVQIghu0ogptv4HzpuQqvqbv5urSelE-zT6takS7fIPMSeIDrlMQQ
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#1032 » by Licensed to Il » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:24 am

I love Jrue. But that’s the business.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,529

Post#1033 » by -Jragon- » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:42 am

Licensed to Il wrote:I love Jrue. But that’s the business.

There's more to this.... Jrue talks about the trade but mid last year there was another narrative happening where Jrue was answering reporters with, 'I'm retiring after my contract' and Giannis was was saying, 'We'll see who will be here' - regarding his extension.. then suddenly he signed post trade..
kanyon
Junior
And1: 212

Post#1034 » by kanyon » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:39 pm

Something I was thinking about that eluded me before.... Jrue was talking about retiring after his Bucks contract was up. I mean, maybe that sealed his fate. They probably didn't want to lose him to a (somewhat relatively) early retirement. They wanted something back.

But yeah, people have been traded MID GAME. What are the Bucks supposed to do? Ask him if it's ok and then meanwhile Miami or whoever is getting Dame?

Edit: Ok I just read that you posted the exact same thing. LOL... Anywho, everybody missed that in the discussions about the trade and Dame etc.....
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,172

Post#1035 » by DingleJerry » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:54 pm

Yea not sure the beef there, that's the business and in addition the GM did call him directly to tell him so he found out the right away like a man rather than from twitter/espn. He's the one that was too busy sleeping. Tell you days in advance when you're not even sure if trade is going to happen so it gets leaked and blows up a deal? sorry can't do that. Especially after Bucks just got boned with that a year earlier.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#1036 » by Badgerlander » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:09 pm

Read on Twitter
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,074

Post#1037 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:10 pm

Read on Twitter

Cool cool cool.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,936

Post#1038 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:13 pm

**** off, that really sucks

I actually think on this version of the team we really need him and it would be a real loss which is something I never thought I'd be saying about Milwaukee Buck Pat Bev in the year 2024.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,533

Post#1039 » by PG Graveyard » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:13 pm

Sounds like he may try to play through it.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,947

Post#1040 » by theFireBlanket » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:13 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Cool cool cool.

We're cooked. If Dame & Beas don't take from what he gave, if AJ doesn't see the floor.

Cooked.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks