ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Karsenmitsche
Junior
And1: 259

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor 

Post#1621 » by Karsenmitsche » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:58 am

I think with Horst it’s very much how it was with Bud in 2021. If we don’t make it to the finals I don’t see how he survives with everything that happened this season.
"Ill never leave the city of Milwaukee till we build the team to a championship level"-Giannis
yb90
Senior
And1: 232

Post#1622 » by yb90 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:03 am

I would give it another year to make judgments on the Lillard trade. People laughed at the Gobert trade but a season later look at their defense. Every situation is different but sometimes things take time to happen.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,607

Post#1623 » by JayMKE » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:57 am

I’ll be so happy when Horst GTFO, he may have doomed any chance of Giannis getting a 2nd ring in Milwaukee. Can’t afford to allow him to try to clean up his mistakes.
FREE GIANNIS
ColeWorld23
Sixth Man
And1: 688

Post#1624 » by ColeWorld23 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:55 pm

The writing is on the wall with Horst after this season.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,002

Post#1625 » by theFireBlanket » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:18 pm

Frank Nova wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
Read on Twitter

Dame saying it's :nonono:

So Dame thinks Stephen A is our hero and gonna take pollution down to zero? I don’t get it :-?

DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,617

Post#1626 » by Profound23 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:21 pm

Let Horst go to Detroit then back the brink truck up for Tim Connelly
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,762

Post#1627 » by Matches Malone » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:37 pm

The man can't help himself. Any chance he can push this narrative, he'll take it. I suppose if he says it enough times it could eventually happen lol.

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Profound23
RealGM

Post#1628 » by Profound23 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:53 pm

Matches Malone wrote:The man can't help himself. Any chance he can push this narrative, he'll take it. I suppose if he says it enough times it could eventually happen lol.

Read on Twitter

They only have to be right one time to say "I told you so" but I will say if we don't get youth/athleticism I can see him forcing his way out and wouldn't hate him for it.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,965

Post#1629 » by BUCKnation » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:54 pm

yb90 wrote:I would give it another year to make judgments on the Lillard trade. People laughed at the Gobert trade but a season later look at their defense. Every situation is different but sometimes things take time to happen.

Luka and Kyrie took a full year too, in a recent example. Pretty much all of these superstar team ups have gone poorly or not up to expectations in year 1 outside of the Nets recently.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#1630 » by Profound23 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:02 pm

BUCKnation wrote:
yb90 wrote:I would give it another year to make judgments on the Lillard trade. People laughed at the Gobert trade but a season later look at their defense. Every situation is different but sometimes things take time to happen.

Luka and Kyrie took a full year too, in a recent example. Pretty much all of these superstar team ups have gone poorly or not up to expectations in year 1 outside of the Nets recently.

This is a good point and I heard it immediately after the Dame trade, but didn't believe it. I really thought Dame and Giannis were perfect for each other.

Ok, you sold me, I will wait one more year and stop bi***ing about Dame.
WeMajor34
Ballboy
And1: 27

Post#1631 » by WeMajor34 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:11 pm

BUCKnation wrote:

THIS is why I think the team runs it back with the Giannis-Dame core regardless of the outcome in these playoffs. I still have a semblance of Dame hope though, so I may be in the minority. Horst or no Horst, it's going to be a really tough sell to Giannis that we need to re-think the Dame acquisition and start from scratch again. I bet Giannis gives us one more year, even if we lose in the first round like many people are predicting.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,244

Post#1632 » by LUKE23 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:12 pm

Does anyone have the final regular season Dame/GA PnR stats and where they ranked league wide for frequency/efficiency?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,784

Post#1633 » by emunney » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:16 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:Could go in Around the League, but I'm putting it here, since it involves the Buck. This made me smile - it's cute.

Read on Twitter

I like GG. Really surprised at how good he's been. Feels like the kind of guy we'd have had in the down years and there'd be a 80 page thread debating whether we should trade him for Kawhi.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,736

Post#1634 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:28 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Does anyone have the final regular season Dame/GA PnR stats and where they ranked league wide for frequency/efficiency?

Don't know where to find specific Dame/Giannis sets, but:

- Dame P&R ball-handler: 0.99 PPP (82nd percentile) on the 5th most possessions of all qualified players
- Giannis roll-man: 1.23 PPP (62nd percentile) on only 7.2% frequency (1.9 possessions per)

Despite the gripes about Dame looking uncomfortable, we ran a **** ton of pick and roll with him (he was 4th in total possessions last season). But the Giannis as a roll-man stuff continues to not be this world destroying weapon that everyone wants it to be, even if you can argue we should be running it more.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,040

Post#1635 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:30 pm

I think Horst got too much credit early and taking too much heat now. Like what did you think was going to happen when we traded all our assets for Holiday and pretty much forcing us into max contracts with him and Midds as they aged with very little draft equity? Everyone seemed to like the trade at the time, but now we have to pay off the loans.
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#1636 » by Matches Malone » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:31 pm

I haven't really cared about the discourse surrounding Giannis and the 1st team talk, but now I'm starting to see idiots who I don't even follow show up on my TL with tweets like this...

Read on Twitter

How did Giannis become so disliked in the media? No way I'd have Tatum or Brunson in before Giannis this season even though both those guys had excellent seasons. And now people want to bring team records into the discussion as if that has any bearing on it. This isn't the MVP vote lol.
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,533

Post#1637 » by RogerMurdock » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:48 pm

Matches Malone wrote:How did Giannis become so disliked in the media?

a) Can't shoot. People don't consider players to be "skilled" if they don't have a good jumper.
b) Bucks' disappointing playoff results outside of the title run. And lots of people discount that one, too, because of Durant's toe and opponents' injuries.

I'm not remotely agreeing with them, I'm just stating what I believe is causing the bias.
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,242

Post#1638 » by dbrodz7 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:50 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:

a) Can't shoot. People don't consider players to be "skilled" if they don't have a good jumper.
b) Bucks' disappointing playoff results outside of the title run. And lots of people discount that one, too, because of Durant's toe and opponents' injuries.

I'm not remotely agreeing with them, I'm just stating what I believe is causing the bias.

You missed the most important one: he plays in Milwaukee.
Misery loves company
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#1639 » by Matches Malone » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:52 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:

It just sucks to see one of the best players of this generation get treated like a bum. He's putting up one of his best seasons and it seems like nobody recognizes that outside of Bucks fans and a few select.

I'm just gonna go back to trying to ignore the noise. Does no good for my health :lol:
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,868

Post#1640 » by fansinceforever » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:06 pm

The people ragging on Giannis are some of the most brainless commentators the game has. Who cares.

On Horst - I'll help him pack.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks