ImageImage

Around The League

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,040

Re: Around The League 

Post#1121 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:34 pm

emunney wrote:Grayson is in the midst of his prime and has proven himself a viable starting guard in this league. I don't think that's a bad contract. When you consider the tax implications for Ishbia, though, it's shocking they're paying it.

The second apron is estimated to be 189m next year. They're now committed to 183 for 5 of their guys -- Durant, Beal, Booker, Nurk, and Grayson. Will they pay O'Neale? Bol? They're poised to far exceed the Ws record tax bill. Good for them I guess.

Kind of shocked how many teams are just willing to go so high into the tax. Boston will be just as high once Tatum's deal is done. We are basically there with Giannis, Dame, Khris making $160+ in 2 years*.

(Still wouldn't be shocked if owners say f-it and blow it up if we lose in the first round. The difference between their tax bill and receiving the split has to be like 9 Figures every year coming up, right? No way it makes financial sense to keep paying to a non-contender)
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,620

Post#1122 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:46 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
Read on Twitter

I thought it was great when I first saw the headline, assuming it was like a 10 point game with a minute left. It was a 8-point game with 4+ minutes left in a game that could effect Clippers seeding. I feel kind of dirty watching it. (But I guess the Clipps were resting/tanking anyways?)

Clippers were locked into 4 no matter what. They had the tiebreaker with Dallas. Which is why Dallas sat their guys yesterday.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,337

Post#1123 » by KidA24 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:54 pm

emunney wrote:Grayson is in the midst of his prime and has proven himself a viable starting guard in this league. I don't think that's a bad contract. When you consider the tax implications for Ishbia, though, it's shocking they're paying it.

The second apron is estimated to be 189m next year. They're now committed to 183 for 5 of their guys -- Durant, Beal, Booker, Nurk, and Grayson. Will they pay O'Neale? Bol? They're poised to far exceed the Ws record tax bill. Good for them I guess.

Kind of shocked how many teams are just willing to go so high into the tax. Boston will be just as high once Tatum's deal is done. We are basically there with Giannis, Dame, Khris making $160+ in 2 years*.

(Still wouldn't be shocked if owners say f-it and blow it up if we lose in the first round. The difference between their tax bill and receiving the split has to be like 9 Figures every year coming up, right? No way it makes financial sense to keep paying to a non-contender)

2025 is the new TV deal, teams will be printing money and the cap won't jump like last time.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#1124 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:54 pm

KidA24 wrote:

2025 is the new TV deal, teams will be printing money and the cap won't jump like last time.

If the cap won't jump, does the tax stay stable too? If so, the incentive to blow it up will still be there. It would still be a delta of 9-figures between the team being a highly-paid also ran vs them just blowing it up.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,965

Post#1125 » by BUCKnation » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:56 pm

Yeah, I don't think it's a bad deal and it'll be easy to move, the problem is the rest of their team structure.
KidA24
General Manager

Post#1126 » by KidA24 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:03 pm

KidA24 wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Kind of shocked how many teams are just willing to go so high into the tax. Boston will be just as high once Tatum's deal is done. We are basically there with Giannis, Dame, Khris making $160+ in 2 years*.

If the cap won't jump, does the tax stay stable too? If so, the incentive to blow it up will still be there. It would still be a delta of 9-figures between the team being a highly-paid also ran vs them just blowing it up.

They are going to "Smooth the cap" instead of the massive jump that happened the year Durant went to the Warriors.

This means way more money in owners pockets so they can pay the tax.

Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,617

Post#1127 » by Profound23 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:04 pm

BUCKnation wrote:

Yeah, I don't think it's a bad deal and it'll be easy to move, the problem is the rest of their team structure.

It's not a bad deal, unless he chokes in the playoffs like he has been known to do.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,446

Post#1128 » by GoldenAntlers » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:07 pm

KidA24 wrote:

I hope the new TV deal doesn't keep league pass irrelevant.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#1129 » by buckboy » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:40 pm

blazza18 wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:Doris Burke saying you can consider giving Brunson first-team NBA over Giannis is a firable offense.

Probably, yeah. I think the Bucks underachieving and falling into the playoffs is going to matter a lot to voters, though.

If someone doesn't vote Giannis first team their vote should be revoked.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#1130 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:59 pm

KidA24 wrote:They are going to "Smooth the cap" instead of the massive jump that happened the year Durant went to the Warriors.

This means way more money in owners pockets so they can pay the tax.

Yeah, I'm just not sold they want to, though. These guys are rich for a reason. They can definitely afford it but if it's me and I saw my team get bounced in the first multiple years in a row with a declining trend and had to choose between continuing paying the luxury tax (and Hundreds of millions of dollars) or hitting the reset button and pocketing the money....I think long and hard about pocketing the money. With how big the TV contracts are and the massive luxury tax penalities, I can't imagine even a championship team has a material difference in revenue. No way in hell a first/second round team justifies it purely from a money standpoint.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,908

Post#1131 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:32 pm

Read on Twitter

Still a chance Bobby makes it.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
KidA24
General Manager

Post#1132 » by KidA24 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:16 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Read on Twitter

Holy crap that team is old.

GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,446

Post#1133 » by GoldenAntlers » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:35 am

KidA24 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Read on Twitter

Holy crap that team is old.
Any chance USA plays Greece/is Giannis playing in the Olympics?
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,762

Post#1134 » by Matches Malone » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:39 am

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,617

Post#1135 » by Profound23 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:43 am

Twolves GM can opt out of his contract.

This is the same guy who built the Nuggets roster.
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#1136 » by Matches Malone » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:05 am

Bud might not be going to BKN after all.

Read on Twitter
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#1137 » by Matches Malone » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:10 am

Profound23 wrote:Twolves GM can opt out of his contract.

This is the same guy who built the Nuggets roster.

HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,397

Post#1138 » by HKPackFan » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:31 am

Matches Malone wrote:Bud might not be going to BKN after all.

Read on Twitter

Well, I hope he still gets some sleep.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,620

Post#1139 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:40 pm

Go Pelicans, go Kings. I think they both lose though.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,002

Post#1140 » by theFireBlanket » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:05 pm

DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks