PG Charlotte: Everybody now happy

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,506

Re: PG Charlotte: Everybody now happy 

Post#121 » by HKPackFan » Fri Mar 1, 2024 11:36 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:My favorite line by the Charlotte guys was something like....

Giannis is coming at you like a boulder with steak knives.

Or something like that. Good stuff. I always enjoy their crew.

They're not bad with analysis but the lead announcer goes berserk for a simple play, it can be grating.

True but he gets excited both ways... Omg Dame WITH A THREEEEEEEE! In the middle of the 2nd q up by 15pts. :lol: gives me a chuckle.

But they actually talk about the bucks. And go into some detail. I was surprised when I they posted the giannis rookie photo side by side with his current photo. Props to them. And Ashley is easy on the eyes as well.
#FreeChuckDiesel
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,877

Post#122 » by blazza18 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 11:36 pm

I've liked Green's floor game this season but I'm still not sure if he's an actual nba shooter or not. Think any talk of him being a Beas or Pat replacement is still premature.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,767

Post#123 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Mar 1, 2024 11:51 pm

Prez wrote:After Grayson got bitched so badly in his first Bucks playoff run, I gotta wait and see with Beasley before making any confident statements about him vs. Grayson. I gave Grayson a ton of **** for that playoff run, Beasley in this comparison has the luxury of not seeing a Bucks postseason just yet.

I've been very pleasantly surprised with his play this season and hope he keeps it up but I can't rule out the possibility he goes into a massive shooting slump at the worst time and starts getting targeted and lit up on D.

Agree. Beasley gets benched in the playoffs every year, he'll need to earn his way this year.

I'm guessing those that are excited about Beasley are many of the same that were excited for Bryn Forbes.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#124 » by tedbrogen » Fri Mar 1, 2024 11:51 pm

blazza18 wrote:I've liked Green's floor game this season but I'm still not sure if he's an actual nba shooter or not. Think any talk of him being a Beas or Pat replacement is still premature.

38% 3P% in college and 90% FT%
42% 3P% in gleague
42% 3P% in the NBA
Hasn’t missed a free throw since college.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#125 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Mar 1, 2024 11:58 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I don't know how you could watch both Grayson and Beas play and not immediately come away with the impression that Beas is just a flat out superior shot-creator. Quicker release, higher release point, better off movement and off-balance. It should have been obvious if you ever watched Beasley shoot before this year. Grayson's a guy that had to set his feet and square up every single time, or else he was getting run off the line against any hard closeout (see: Boston series).

Yes, Beasley definitely always got off more shots. He also only made 35% last year.

The dream role here playing with Dame and Giannis has massively improved the shot quality he gets, but it's important to realize other players would also slay in this role if they were ever given the opportunity.

In the rare occasions this year where Beasley has gotten minutes without the stars on the floor, he's pretty consistently turned back into a pumpkin.

He's a product of others greatness, not his own.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#126 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Mar 1, 2024 11:59 pm

blazza18 wrote:I've liked Green's floor game this season but I'm still not sure if he's an actual nba shooter or not. Think any talk of him being a Beas or Pat replacement is still premature.

Replacement? No. Upgrade? No doubt.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,987

Post#127 » by soxperry » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:10 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Prez wrote:After Grayson got bitched so badly in his first Bucks playoff run, I gotta wait and see with Beasley before making any confident statements about him vs. Grayson. I gave Grayson a ton of **** for that playoff run, Beasley in this comparison has the luxury of not seeing a Bucks postseason just yet.

I've been very pleasantly surprised with his play this season and hope he keeps it up but I can't rule out the possibility he goes into a massive shooting slump at the worst time and starts getting targeted and lit up on D.

Agree. Beasley gets benched in the playoffs every year, he'll need to earn his way this year.

I'm guessing those that are excited about Beasley are many of the same that were excited for Bryn Forbes.

the thing is, i'm not really sure who steps into Beasley's role if we sit him. Doc has basically eliminated the playing time of the youngsters, so it would be between Pat C and Pat B. I would say Crowder, too, because we were starting PJ at the 2 in our finals run, but Crowder doesn't have quick feet like PJ. i dont think he can guard 2s.

I love the Pats, but they dont really provide spacing the way Beas does, and i'm not sure their defense is good enough to justify that.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,926

Post#128 » by buckboy » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:21 am

I'm not a Beasley fan or hater, but he's better than Grayson **** Allen.

He has some hope of contributing in a playoff series.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
tedbrogen
Analyst

Post#129 » by tedbrogen » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:33 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:I don't know how you could watch both Grayson and Beas play and not immediately come away with the impression that Beas is just a flat out superior shot-creator. Quicker release, higher release point, better off movement and off-balance. It should have been obvious if you ever watched Beasley shoot before this year. Grayson's a guy that had to set his feet and square up every single time, or else he was getting run off the line against any hard closeout (see: Boston series).

Yes, Beasley definitely always got off more shots. He also only made 35% last year.

The dream role here playing with Dame and Giannis has massively improved the shot quality he gets, but it's important to realize other players would also slay in this role if they were ever given the opportunity.

In the rare occasions this year where Beasley has gotten minutes without the stars on the floor, he's pretty consistently turned back into a pumpkin.

He's a product of others greatness, not his own.

And yet people on here are clamoring for the Bucks to re-sign Beas at all costs even if it means illegally circumventing the cap and risking massive penalties based on feeling he is completely irreplaceable.

I can’t wait to see someone suggest we trade Midds into another team’s cap space this summer to free up the MLE to give Beas a multi year deal. This likely would have already been suggested if the Beas Backers knew it was a route to Beas retention but most of them don’t understand the cap.
tedbrogen
Analyst

Post#130 » by tedbrogen » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:36 am

soxperry wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

the thing is, i'm not really sure who steps into Beasley's role if we sit him. Doc has basically eliminated the playing time of the youngsters, so it would be between Pat C and Pat B. I would say Crowder, too, because we were starting PJ at the 2 in our finals run, but Crowder doesn't have quick feet like PJ. i dont think he can guard 2s.

I love the Pats, but they dont really provide spacing the way Beas does, and i'm not sure their defense is good enough to justify that.

AJG is still getting run and Doc specifically praised his D. He’d be the first option to take some of Beas minutes if Beas pumpkins in the playoffs. And yeah, Pay and Crowder would absorb some but likely wouldn’t play more than they are now since Midds will be playing 30+ minutes in the playoffs just like he did against the Heat last year.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,146

Post#131 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:38 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:In the rare occasions this year where Beasley has gotten minutes without the stars on the floor, he's pretty consistently turned back into a pumpkin.

Let's break this pumpkin down a little bit.

He's played 125 minutes without Dame and Giannis on the court this season.

With Dame and Giannis he's shooting 48.5% from three on 7.9 attempts per 36.
Without Dame and Giannis he's shooting a paltry 44.8% on MORE attempts per 36 at 8.31.
With Dame and Giannis his usage rate 13.2%, assist % at 4.1%.
Without Dame and Giannis his usage jumps to 18.8%, assist % at 17%.

Maybe that glass slipper doesn't have as much magic as you think.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
tedbrogen
Analyst

Post#132 » by tedbrogen » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:44 am

What’s his turnover rate without Dame/Giannis on the floor? What’s his TS%? What’s his net rating without them? (Genuinely asking as I’m too lazy to look it up)
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,877

Post#133 » by blazza18 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:47 am

tedbrogen wrote:

42% 3P% in gleague
42% 3P% in the NBA

I haven't seen what he was like in college but in his time for the Bucks he seems very good in space and from a standstill but struggles when the difficulty of shots goes up. Key for him to stay in the league will be to get better at that. And as I said his floor game is quite good so he can probably give you more than guys like Merrill or Bertrans but I'm not sure he's the sniper those two are either. Be interesting to see how he develops.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#134 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Mar 2, 2024 1:04 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:I'm guessing those that are excited about Beasley are many of the same that were excited for Bryn Forbes.

Also, compared to who? The guys who were clamoring for the greatness of Sam Merrill who 3 teams in 4 years later has finally found himself in..... the Bryn Forbes role?
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#135 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:04 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:I'm guessing those that are excited about Beasley are many of the same that were excited for Bryn Forbes.

Also, compared to who? The guys who were clamoring for the greatness of Sam Merrill who 3 teams in 4 years later has finally found himself in..... the Bryn Forbes role?

Who pined for Merrill besides Fotis?

Merrill is different than Forbes because he can actually pass. You don't have to reset the offense if Merrill gets the ball but isn't open like constantly happened with Forbes.

I'd much rather have Dairy Bird than any of these other shooter only types.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#136 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:16 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:Who pined for Merrill besides Fotis?

You went on that entire season and beyond how Sam Merrill and Jordan Nwora (:lol:) were just so much better than Bryn Forbes and how Bud was an idiot for playing Forbes over them all the way to our championship, let's not try to rewrite that history.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,663

Post#137 » by -Jragon- » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:30 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Daver wrote:Bucks need to resign beas somehow somewsy dont give a flying fu.. what you anti beas haters think.Hes a perfect SG for this team

AJ Green will be everything that Beasley is and more.

Horst is smart enough to know that he needs to let Beas walk to force Doc to play Green. Same 3 point shooting, but Green can handle and pass. Horst loves Green and will clear the path for him.

We need more shooters not less.. the more we find a way to keep the better. Keep both somehow
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#138 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:32 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:

You went on that entire season and beyond how Sam Merrill and Jordan Nwora (:lol:) were just so much better than Bryn Forbes and how Bud was an idiot for playing Forbes over them all the way to our championship, let's not try to rewrite that history.

I'm sorry for the fact that I was right about Forbes, and how that has you in your feelings.

However, Forbes didn't play over anyone all the way to the Finals. He was benched and never heard from again.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#139 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:38 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:

I'm sorry for the fact that I was right about Forbes, and how that has you in your feelings.

However, Forbes didn't play over anyone all the way to the Finals. He was benched and never heard from again.

The fact that Bryn Forbes played 70 games for us, 20 playoff games, had an absolute lights out playoff series and shot 45% from three during the regular season as a main rotational pieces for us in a year we won the championship after signing him for peanuts and you somehow spinning that as a win for you about how worthless he is actually so hilarious. Simply deranged. This is like you making up PJ Tucker finals +/- stats, Malik Beasley three point percentage level funny of you 'winning" an argument and then when people call you out on your bs you ignore it and move on until the next time.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,991

Post#140 » by BUCKnation » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:53 am

blazza18 wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:

42% 3P% in gleague
42% 3P% in the NBA

I haven't seen what he was like in college but in his time for the Bucks he seems very good in space and from a standstill but struggles when the difficulty of shots goes up. Key for him to stay in the league will be to get better at that. And as I said his floor game is quite good so he can probably give you more than guys like Merrill or Bertrans but I'm not sure he's the sniper those two are either. Be interesting to see how he develops.

Yeah, if he can start hitting shots off a screen, ball screen or set screen, like Duncan Robinson for example, thats where he can take his game to the next level

Return to Milwaukee Bucks