General Manager
And1: 4,970

Re: Bucks beat the Bulls - Postgame thread 

Post#61 » by Plossum » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:32 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
He said in the GT he might fall asleep. And asked if he did someone make a PG

I guess after 21 years he gets some slack. :D But I'll make sure he's not doing PG threads on the west coast trip. 8-)

Had a deadline work project that kept me up all Thursday night. Then at 6pm last night I looked at the GT and saw the 9pm start and said ****!

Big bowl of fiber and an early night for you, old fella.
#LockUpChuck
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,742

Post#62 » by CharityStripe34 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:41 pm

So, turns out playing B2B's won't result in the Hindenburg disaster. Guys most of the year have been looking perfectly fine on the SEGABABA.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,603

Post#63 » by PG Graveyard » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:43 pm

Prez wrote:46/16/6 on 79% TS w/ just 1 turnover on the 2nd of a B2B, gotta drop him a spot or two in the MVP race.imo

He did the impossible. Just ask the Celtics.
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,748

Post#64 » by yannisk » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:45 pm

With the hit he received on the head, AJ Green is slowly moving to replace PatC on the rotation next year
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,603

Post#65 » by PG Graveyard » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:52 pm

Plossum wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:I guess after 21 years he gets some slack. :D But I'll make sure he's not doing PG threads on the west coast trip. 8-)

Had a deadline work project that kept me up all Thursday night. Then at 6pm last night I looked at the GT and saw the 9pm start and said ****!

Big bowl of fiber and an early night for you, old fella.

Sounds like we need age limits for our mods here.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,334

Post#66 » by Mags FTW » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:54 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Had a deadline work project that kept me up all Thursday night. Then at 6pm last night I looked at the GT and saw the 9pm start and said ****!

MickeyDavis wrote:I was traveling and PP was supposed to do the PG thread. I guess the game was too late for him :lol: :wink:

Just admit you had a double date with two pleasant ladies you met on SilverSingles. It's OK.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,984

Post#67 » by soxperry » Sat Mar 2, 2024 1:10 pm

this is easily the best Giannis has ever looked. his jumper looks good, his footwork looks good, he's still aggressive but everything feels in control. maybe the best thing is he is, more and more, throwing kick out passes without taking the time to wind up or turn around to throw them. a giannis kick out, many times, would take so long that the defense had time to react and recover. now it's coming out instantly and it's wide open.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,265

Post#68 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sat Mar 2, 2024 1:11 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:So, turns out playing B2B's won't result in the Hindenburg disaster. Guys most of the year have been looking perfectly fine on the SEGABABA.

There are still almost four months left in the season. I hope we find ways to rest our players down the stretch so we can go into the playoffs as fresh as possible.
Read on Twitter
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,984

Post#69 » by soxperry » Sat Mar 2, 2024 1:12 pm

all the talk about chemistry and two man game isn't even really relevant. if Dame just hits 50% of his shots, like any borderline super star should do, we are going to blow out most teams every night.

so... Dame, you thought things would be "like Boston," we're waiting on you, bud.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,742

Post#70 » by msiris » Sat Mar 2, 2024 1:27 pm

The D has really has ramped it up. Even Bobby now has been very physical. I will try and remember that the season doesn't really matter till after the all star game.
Ride the tank
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,114

Post#71 » by theFireBlanket » Sat Mar 2, 2024 1:38 pm

Isn't Giannis better on b2bs or something like that? Could swear someone posted the stats backing it up in the past.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,114

Post#72 » by theFireBlanket » Sat Mar 2, 2024 1:43 pm

soxperry wrote:all the talk about chemistry and two man game isn't even really relevant. if Dame just hits 50% of his shots, like any borderline super star should do, we are going to blow out most teams every night.

so... Dame, you thought things would be "like Boston," we're waiting on you, bud.

Everyone has their family but Bev & Dame. Maybe Dame should hang out with Pat & Rone & Mantis.

*For insight about living away from the kids & playing. Really there may be no fix.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,742

Post#73 » by CharityStripe34 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 1:44 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:Isn't Giannis better on b2bs or something like that? Could swear someone posted the stats backing it up in the past.

I remember Paul George talking about that recently (maybe 1-2 years ago) on a podcast. About how players actually felt more in rhythm on B2Bs and it helped with conditioning for the beating you take in the playoffs.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,662

Post#74 » by -Jragon- » Sat Mar 2, 2024 1:45 pm

yannisk wrote:with all the talk about Beasley vs Grayson Allen is worth noting that DDV would have been the best fit. He has 41%3p on 7.7 shots and he is pretty good defender (certainly better than Beas and Allen)

Until any of the 3 has a good playoff year the whole debate is irrelevant. They've all choked or got benched so far
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,516

Post#75 » by GoldenAntlers » Sat Mar 2, 2024 1:54 pm

Doc in post game interview, first thing he said was about how he's on the guys to stick with what works. Huge refreshment after years of not taking advantage of matchups.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#76 » by tedbrogen » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:10 pm

Doc hugging Bobby after he instigated DD to get DD to commit a flagrant foul and a tech was my favorite moment of game. Second favorite was Bev hugging AJG after he took that hit.

Vibe City out there. Vibe City.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,053

Post#77 » by German Athens » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:14 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:Isn't Giannis better on b2bs or something like that? Could swear someone posted the stats backing it up in the past.

Half of Giannis’s 40pt or better games have come on back to backs this season. He’s had 8 all year, but 4 of them have come in his 11 back to backs. Pretty absurd.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#78 » by BuckFan25226 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:28 pm

So where is our defense ranked now after these last 5 games under Doc?
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,054

Post#79 » by Neuromancer56 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:29 pm

TroyD92 wrote:PP and MD not built for this night life.

BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#80 » by BigO » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:40 pm

After watching the Celtics last night, my concerns are the following:

1) The Bucks need another shooter on the court during the playoffs, even if it's just ten minutes a game. That has to be be AJ Green.

2) With Jrue Holiday shooting 65% on corner threes this season, it makes the Celtics really hard to guard. All their players sit outside and force the defenders to go out and guard the perimeter.

3) I don't now what Rivers will do with Lopez against the Celtics. Who does he guard? He can't just stay in the paint. He can't switch. Interesting chess match.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks