ImageImage

PG Kings: Loss

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,732

Re: PG Kings: Loss 

Post#81 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:01 pm

Ryan5UW wrote:This season is becoming confirmation that the Packers approach of getting rid of someone a year too early instead of a year too late is the way to go.

Sure. We got rid of Jrue at the absolute right time.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,731

Post#82 » by msiris » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:07 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
Ryan5UW wrote:This season is becoming confirmation that the Packers approach of getting rid of someone a year too early instead of a year too late is the way to go.

Sure. We got rid of Jrue at the absolute right time.
The last two years Jrue just wasn't getting it done in the playoffs. Still the right move. Now we wait and see if Dame can get it done.
Ride the tank
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,037

Post#83 » by Neuromancer56 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:29 pm

yannisk wrote:during the reign of coach Grief the defense was terrible but the offense was great
now the defense is very bad and the offense is bad too
We had Khris for much of Grief's tenure. This bodes well once he comes back.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,040

Post#84 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:33 pm

DingleJerry wrote:Along with years and years of striking out on draft picks to get some youth/athleticism that is playable. Sure its not easy drafting late and usually with 2nd rounders but its a fail to not to get anyone in like 5 years.

I would love to see some grading on based on where the Bucks have picked. (May be missing someone since it is hard to get a complete list due to how the NBA does trades, but...) We have only had 2 firsts in the past 5 years (24 - marjon who I didn't like but we swung on a project that late, and 17 - DDV who was a decent rotational player who got derailed due to injuries). We had a few picks in the upper 50s, we had Nwora at 45 who was probably great value at that pick, AJJ is looking like a bust be we all loved him the first half of the year. Sandro was 54 and was 3-3 the other night, I assume most guys are out of the league that late. And WE STILL HAVE THE DRAFT RIGHTS TO HUGO!!! :D

I mean I really don't see a devastatingly bad pick, but rather we didnt really have any usable picks.

It goes back to was Jrue worth giving up all our assets for. We did get the one ring, but if we would've lost to the Nets that would have been disastrous.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,244

Post#85 » by LUKE23 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:54 pm

DDV is averaging 19.3 ppg per 36 @ .591 TS and .401 from 3. Moving him for Serge Ibaka's corpse was an absolute terrible move AT THE TIME, and DDV would be amazing on this current team given his shooting, defense, passing, and versatility.

Lets not also forget that Horst took DJ Wilson, a terrible pick at the time, over:

John Collins
Jarrett Allen
OG Anunoby
Kyle Kuzma
Derrick White
Josh Hart

and that's just the first round.

Even missing on Beauchamp, you keep DDV and you don't make the worst pick of the first round in 2017, and you have two additional rotation players right now that aren't corpses.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,552

Post#86 » by -Jragon- » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:56 pm

I said it in the GT but my biggest gripe RN is that I think a coach should be willing to sit role players when their shot is off early. Let's be honest, they are here only serve a specifically role of 3 AND D and only came here because we have Giannis which gives us a chance for a ring. Because of that.. they are expected to provide those 2 pieces and when they don't, the guys behind them on the bench are about the same talent level.

We don't owe role players a specific amount of minutes and we shouldn't ride them and let them shoot themselves hot. When Beas and Pat C, for example, shoot a combined 2 - 14 from 3.. that's 14 shots Giannis or Dame could have taken themselves with double teams on them and likely produce more -- so in the playoffs they'll ignore open shooters if Doc let's cold guys stay in the game.

Dame is a HOF player and there will be times his jumper is off and yep we will let him shoot out of it but come on.. if Beas or Pat C start off 0 - 2 or 0 - 3 on wide open shots then the next dude should come in. Short leash. Let him shoot the rust off during halftime and give him another run in the 3rd.. short leash. Normalize finding the hot hand because this loses is games and if you wait til the playoffs to start cutting guys minutes that can hurt their confidence worse. Start doing it now.. then let them refocus and get him another chance next game. If it's too much pressure for them -- how will they even handle a playoff game anyways. AJJ and MB should have took some of their minutes last night and at least could have ran with their speed. Doc, use some intuition and discretion and notice which role players are off that day and stop letting them shoot out of it. Get Gallo in.. find who will hit those open shots that day.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,982

Post#87 » by sidney lanier » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:58 pm

nagawicka wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:Thoughts from the loyal fan base about the #2 seed in the East.

Chad34 wrote:this season is realistically over.

JayMKE wrote:This is never going to be a championship team

yannisk wrote:now the defense is very bad and the offense is bad too

TroyD92 wrote:This team is about as crippled as it gets.

It's funny to hear all this squealing
It's not that it's that unappealing
But was it that long ago
That us fans were aglow
As we basked in our fine eight-seed ceiling?

Can we make a plaque. I'll file for a permit with the City to erect a monument, thinking obelisk here, to memorialize the all that doomsayin' for the sake of posterity.

Good thought. It can ride on its own float in the Championship parade.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,732

Post#88 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:00 pm

I don't really care about the draft pick argument. Pure draft and develop is the rarest and constantly most overrated way to win championships in the NBA. If anything, Horst has been way ahead of the game in not overvaluing them and maximizing fake assets like pick swaps and 2nd-rounders. Getting guys like Brook, Pat, and Bobby off the free agent scrap heap and signing them to under market-value extensions is just as good as any late-1st/early-2nd round pick he could have hit on. The problem is he keeps whiffing on these guys (Mirotic, Torrey Craig, Semi, Crowder) that are supposed to theoretically unlock all these Giannis small-ball lineups.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,040

Post#89 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:20 pm

LUKE23 wrote:DDV is averaging 19.3 ppg per 36 @ .591 TS and .401 from 3. Moving him for Serge Ibaka's corpse was an absolute terrible move AT THE TIME, and DDV would be amazing on this current team given his shooting, defense, passing, and versatility.

I guess what was your plan at the time? If we knew we could've got the DDV contract he did that summer, sure we keep him but I don't see any chance in hell he was staying for that price. He wanted a 4 year deal and pretty decent money for a guy who appeared injury prone and shooting 47%TS AT THE TIME. It was just bad timing. If he never got hurt, he probably stays our starter but he was the odd man out at the deadline when we needed a big. Serge was the wrong guy but we didn't know we would suddenly have a shortage of wings.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,685

Post#90 » by chonestown » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:02 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:DDV is averaging 19.3 ppg per 36 @ .591 TS and .401 from 3. Moving him for Serge Ibaka's corpse was an absolute terrible move AT THE TIME, and DDV would be amazing on this current team given his shooting, defense, passing, and versatility.

I guess what was your plan at the time? If we knew we could've got the DDV contract he did that summer, sure we keep him but I don't see any chance in hell he was staying for that price. He wanted a 4 year deal and pretty decent money for a guy who appeared injury prone and shooting 47%TS AT THE TIME. It was just bad timing. If he never got hurt, he probably stays our starter but he was the odd man out at the deadline when we needed a big. Serge was the wrong guy but we didn't know we would suddenly have a shortage of wings.

Yeah, trading Dino wasn't the bad move. What we got...now see, that's where things went pear-shaped.

As far as I recall, the biggest faction against the DDV trade was my mother.

<The Predator handshake meme where one hand is labeled "The Boards" and the other hand is labeled "Ragu" and then somewhereabouts inbetween the clasped hands is the caption "It's in there.">

<Gdammit, Prego is the OTC spaghetti sauce with the tagline "It's in there." Fk it, if I'm driving the car, might as well gun it over the cliff.>
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,309

Post#91 » by fan230 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:05 pm

Khris is in a sense our remaining big hope of being a Consistently top level team. We have already fired 2 coaches & traded one top player for another. Not much else we can do.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,743

Post#92 » by AussieBuck » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:29 pm

I was team Donte but realised we weren't going to keep him. I would have rode out his season anyway though.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,782

Post#93 » by emunney » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:37 pm

It's weird, because I thought Donte was going to have a Lowry-like career path, but I'm still surprised to see it happening.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant

Post#94 » by -Jragon- » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:08 pm

emunney wrote:It's weird, because I thought Donte was going to have a Lowry-like career path, but I'm still surprised to see it happening.

Never was good in the playoffs yet so teams keep letting him walk. I can't give him flowers yet.. still might be a regular season wonder. We had this dude Steve Henson like 30 years ago and the hype was that in practice he couldn't miss.. made like 10/10 and 20/20 whatever -- before his time he was wet like that and his teammates are like coach come on we got to play him.. once he got in a real game with real closeouts he was garbage. I don't know why I thought of that -- it doesn't all the way apply but let's see DDV do that in a playoff run before we annoint him as anything.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,173

Post#95 » by FrieAaron » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:41 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
emunney wrote:It's weird, because I thought Donte was going to have a Lowry-like career path, but I'm still surprised to see it happening.

Never was good in the playoffs yet so teams keep letting him walk. I can't give him flowers yet.. still might be a regular season wonder.

Doesn't really put him off the Lowry path. People were saying that about Lowry for like 11 years
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Post#96 » by pifhluk23 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:45 pm

-Jragon- wrote:I said it in the GT but my biggest gripe RN is that I think a coach should be willing to sit role players when their shot is off early. Let's be honest, they are here only serve a specifically role of 3 AND D and only came here because we have Giannis which gives us a chance for a ring. Because of that.. they are expected to provide those 2 pieces and when they don't, the guys behind them on the bench are about the same talent level.

We don't owe role players a specific amount of minutes and we shouldn't ride them and let them shoot themselves hot. When Beas and Pat C, for example, shoot a combined 2 - 14 from 3.. that's 14 shots Giannis or Dame could have taken themselves with double teams on them and likely produce more -- so in the playoffs they'll ignore open shooters if Doc let's cold guys stay in the game.

Dame is a HOF player and there will be times his jumper is off and yep we will let him shoot out of it but come on.. if Beas or Pat C start off 0 - 2 or 0 - 3 on wide open shots then the next dude should come in. Short leash. Let him shoot the rust off during halftime and give him another run in the 3rd.. short leash. Normalize finding the hot hand because this loses is games and if you wait til the playoffs to start cutting guys minutes that can hurt their confidence worse. Start doing it now.. then let them refocus and get him another chance next game. If it's too much pressure for them -- how will they even handle a playoff game anyways. AJJ and MB should have took some of their minutes last night and at least could have ran with their speed. Doc, use some intuition and discretion and notice which role players are off that day and stop letting them shoot out of it. Get Gallo in.. find who will hit those open shots that day.

Docs MO even worse then Bud is to only play the vets. He's not going to change.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,955

Post#97 » by Jez2983 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:04 am

sidney lanier wrote:Thoughts from the loyal fan base about the #2 seed in the East.

Chad34 wrote:this season is realistically over.

JayMKE wrote:This is never going to be a championship team

yannisk wrote:now the defense is very bad and the offense is bad too

TroyD92 wrote:This team is about as crippled as it gets.

It's funny to hear all this squealing
It's not that it's that unappealing
But was it that long ago
That us fans were aglow
As we basked in our fine eight-seed ceiling?

I'm with you, but a minor correction is that as fans we were never aglow with an 8th-seed ceiling :lol:
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,526

Post#98 » by drone3 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:14 am

If FO wanted young guys they would have traded Jrue and stuff for IQ + Barret. They chose an aged Dame instead
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant

Post#99 » by -Jragon- » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:45 am

FrieAaron wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:

Never was good in the playoffs yet so teams keep letting him walk. I can't give him flowers yet.. still might be a regular season wonder.

Doesn't really put him off the Lowry path. People were saying that about Lowry for like 11 years

Actually it does.. he has a lot more to show. Lowry made a name for himself by having a 3 yr stretch in his prime where he had Durant-like TS% (near or over .600) in the playoffs and he played a big starting role in them getting a ring. I'd like to see at least 1 year like that for Donte b4 we just start throwing ALL Star names out there. He's been the weakspot teams leave wide open so the actual stars don't get as many shots in every playoff series he's played in. It's ridiculous.. you guys are ridiculous sometimes.... Kyle Lowry... 6 time all star Kyle Lowry.. All NBA 3rd team Kyle Lowry... I HOPE he can get some of those flowers, but honestly that's all you get is HOPE at this point.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant

Post#100 » by -Jragon- » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:56 am

If Doc didn't see that putback from AJJ and think..... 'fk I need to get that dude some minutes when Beas and Pat C are tricking anyways' then I don't know if we still found the right man.

Hhh

Return to Milwaukee Bucks