ImageImage

PG Sixers - Bucks Grind out Win

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,919

Re: PG Sixers - Bucks Grind out Win 

Post#21 » by Plossum » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:54 am

Dame and Brook with a big +/- tonight. Much to the Dame numbers? From the parts of the game I saw he was pretty meh.
#LockUpChuck
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,908

Post#22 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:57 am

Plossum wrote:Dame and Brook with a big +/- tonight. Much to the Dame numbers? From the parts of the game I saw he was pretty meh.

I think it's undeniable that the offense flows better with him out there, him finding his spots in that flow is a problem.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,487

Post#23 » by neiLz » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:08 am

Watched the game sporadically while playing poker and had no sound. Everytime I did look up it looked like the refs were cheating. Not for the bucks or sixers just cheating because they looked like they never refd a game. Did crowder get a tech for trying to stop maxi from flopping around like a fish?
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,617

Post#24 » by Profound23 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:20 am

neiLz wrote:Watched the game sporadically while playing poker and had no sound. Everytime I did look up it looked like the refs were cheating. Not for the bucks or sixers just cheating because they looked like they never refd a game. Did crowder get a tech for trying to stop maxi from flopping around like a fish?

After a bs foul on Giannis, Doc told the refs something like "just make sure you're calling it the same way on our side" and they swallowed their whistles the rest of the game on both sides.

The T on Jae was ridiculous.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,973

Post#25 » by soxperry » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:07 am

Im kinda glad that we are getting the playoff whistle earlier than normal. Let the team get used to it. We should thrive in that environment..
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,965

Post#26 » by BUCKnation » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:11 am

I mentioned it in the GT, but ill be interested to see Green navigate screens. Right now, opponents are in ‘who is this random white dude’ mode and constantly size him up in a 1v1. It’s how we finally slowed down maxey a bit. He’s really excellent at staying him front of his guy and being strong when bumped. Only way he’s been giving up buckets is due to his size on jumpers.

I just havent seen him deal with the endless screens that our other guards seem to get.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,102

Post#27 » by RiotPunch » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:19 am

It is a plight of the opponent when you have the Dairy Bird taking flight component.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,018

Post#28 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:52 am

The Milk Mamba is the best nickname I've seen... you cant convince me otherwise......and you all know who I'm talking about.
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,499

Post#29 » by old skool » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:18 am

AussieBuck wrote:Dame randomly passing up threes to pass to do a dude like Crowder or go for a misadventure in the paint has been weird.
Lillard is a mediocre three point shooter.

35.5% from 3-point over the last three seasons (1400+ 3FGAs).
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,912

Post#30 » by Fotis St » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:17 am

There are shooters who can't guard and there is AJ Green. Love the kid. There are players in the NBA who didn't play basketball early in their age, can't change directions, just running straight lines, so they can't guard anyone with decent handles (Pat C I'm looking at you) , and there is AJ Green who was playing basketball in his mother's womb.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,047

Post#31 » by midranger » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:56 am

AJ Cream (TM) y’all.

Smooth. Thick. Always rises to the top.

Just send the residuals to my people.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
tsamo
Junior
And1: 162

Post#32 » by tsamo » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:00 am

Honestly, at this point I am pretty much convinced that AJ Green is the "best" defender out of our young-3 of him, Beauchamp and Jackson Jr.
Jacksor Jr has flashes, but plays worse defense than advertised on average and then tries to recover as if he's Giannis and can chase down every player that passes him and more often than not fouls them.
Beauchamp also has flashes, but in his case, it seems like he's afraid of the moment a lot of the time.
rayallenscalves
Junior
And1: 221

Post#33 » by rayallenscalves » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:22 pm

chonestown wrote:
rayallenscalves wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:He looks good on D.

There’s a 95% likelihood he’s our best perimeter defender.

Patrick Beverages is still on the team far as I know.

The homey STJ been right about Dairy Bird's defense for more n' a minute.

Bev is the other 5%.

But seriously, Maxey had 29 through three quarters last night and only 1 point in the 4th. Based purely on memory, it felt like AJ was Maxey's primary defender for a large majority of the 4th. For all of Giannis's continued insane efficiency, AJ was the legit MVP of that game.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,685

Post#34 » by chonestown » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:13 pm

rayallenscalves wrote:
chonestown wrote:
rayallenscalves wrote:

Bev is the other 5%.

But seriously, Maxey had 29 through three quarters last night and only 1 point in the 4th. Based purely on memory, it felt like AJ was Maxey's primary defender for a large majority of the 4th. For all of Giannis's continued insane efficiency, AJ was the legit MVP of that game.

No lies told.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,918

Post#35 » by Brewhoopfan » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:33 pm

rayallenscalves wrote:
chonestown wrote:
rayallenscalves wrote:

Bev is the other 5%.

Agree. Not sure why Beas is out, but I'd be fine if it took a while. #LETDBFLY
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,782

Post#36 » by emunney » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:53 pm

Not sure if I've ever been as surprised by a player developing as much as I have been by AJ Green.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#37 » by Shaffty » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:58 pm

emunney wrote:Not sure if I've ever been as surprised by a player developing as much as I have been by AJ Green.

i mean you look at how Sam Merrill has come along and then you realize AJ Green is a better/stronger/larger version so
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,149

Post#38 » by BigO » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:59 pm

emunney wrote:Not sure if I've ever been as surprised by a player developing as much as I have been by AJ Green.

I made a big jump between 7th and 8th grade, if you're including all players.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#39 » by Shaffty » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:06 pm

soxperry wrote:Im kinda glad that we are getting the playoff whistle earlier than normal. Let the team get used to it. We should thrive in that environment..

you could easily convince me doc and Nurse told the refs to call it like its the playoffs for practice tonight
yb90
Senior
And1: 232

Post#40 » by yb90 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:13 pm

Unfortunately, I don't think A.J. Green will play much going forward once Middleton comes back. He has earned minutes but I doubt he gets them.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks