PG Celtics - Comeback Falls Short

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,529

Re: PG Celtics - Comeback Falls Short 

Post#121 » by -Jragon- » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:36 am

BigO wrote:
jute2003 wrote:Bobby will go into an inefficient chucker funk while still sucking at defense again soon and khris will have a stretch of games where he averages 8 pts and 6 balls dribbled off his foot per game and the pendulum will swing back. Tis the way of the forum

Yep, and posters will jump at the opportunity to call for trading Middleton and Portis for a second rounder and Josh Richardson. :banghead: :banghead:

That's why we have to have guys ready to take some of those minutes... if they are playing sloppy then find a diff role player that's hot and playing well to get a portion of their minutes
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#122 » by Jez2983 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:57 am

BigO wrote:
jute2003 wrote:Bobby will go into an inefficient chucker funk while still sucking at defense again soon and khris will have a stretch of games where he averages 8 pts and 6 balls dribbled off his foot per game and the pendulum will swing back. Tis the way of the forum

Yep, and posters will jump at the opportunity to call for trading Middleton and Portis for a second rounder and Josh Richardson. :banghead: :banghead:

I think Portis' value in a trade is an all-star or near all-star level player. AB made that comment pre season. Unfortunately at the trade deadline he wasn't playing well enough to get that return. I would trade him but we better be getting a good player back. Grant Williams, ha.

As for Middleton, Murray is the type of player we could trade him for if we believe he can elevate to an all star level. And I only do this to get younger/healthier, healthy Middleton has always been more valuable to us compared to trade value.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,126

Post#123 » by BigO » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:15 pm

Jez2983 wrote:
BigO wrote:

I think Portis' value in a trade is an all-star or near all-star level player. AB made that comment pre season. Unfortunately at the trade deadline he wasn't playing well enough to get that return. I would trade him but we better be getting a good player back. Grant Williams, ha.

As for Middleton, Murray is the type of player we could trade him for if we believe he can elevate to an all star level. And I only do this to get younger/healthier, healthy Middleton has always been more valuable to us compared to trade value.

Let's see how this season goes. To me, a healthy KM is the key to a championship. He is of no value to any team that isn't on the brink of a championship, so eliminate two thirds of the NBA.

As to Portis, he certainly doesn't have the impact of KM, but he brings much needed shooting to a team that has sorely lacked shooting, especially before KM returned. Having multiple shooters is important in today's NBA.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,529

Post#124 » by -Jragon- » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:19 pm

Last night illustrated stronger the gap between us and Boston right now is having role players that are willing to stay mentally involved and ready at the 3 point line to take and hit those shots. Our guys seem to just expect Dame or GA are going to take it themselves and are surprised by the pass and off balance. If Prichard/Houser/White/Horford are hitting like that in the playoffs and Crowder/Beas/KM/Portis/Lopez go cold at all... ouch. Crowder was shooting long I think.. that's like anxiety or something.. you're a vet grow tf up and hit those shots... Dairy Bird can and you can't? Head out of a$$ please.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,767

Post#125 » by emunney » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:23 pm

German Athens wrote:
emunney wrote:
wallus wrote:It's funny seeing teams trying to hunt AJ Green, they must not scout him.

I think it's natural to try to go after the young guy that you're not as familiar with, but yeah, would think his tape speaks for itself at this point. He's not the pushover everybody seems to think he is. Have at it, you're only making him learn.

A.I. Green it is

I'm going to pitch Milk Beasley, not because I want to make it catch on or it's relevant, but just because I need to make it stop rattling around in my head.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,029

Post#126 » by German Athens » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:40 pm

emunney wrote:
German Athens wrote:
emunney wrote:
I think it's natural to try to go after the young guy that you're not as familiar with, but yeah, would think his tape speaks for itself at this point. He's not the pushover everybody seems to think he is. Have at it, you're only making him learn.

A.I. Green it is

I'm going to pitch Milk Beasley, not because I want to make it catch on or it's relevant, but just because I need to make it stop rattling around in my head.

I read that name as an imperative statement, and at that point I’d like to push it back into your brain, shut the box, and pretend that never happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,424

Post#127 » by GoldenAntlers » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:43 pm

For the millionth time, we are all happy Bobby and Khris look good.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu

Return to Milwaukee Bucks