ImageImage

PG Celtics - Comeback Falls Short

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,034

Re: PG Celtics - Comeback Falls Short 

Post#81 » by mediocrityrules » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:55 am

Prez wrote:I'm sorry but this is just too funny not to post here, here's Frank (rightfully so, I'm glad he did) throwing some jabs at some of the dumb **** posted here about Khris lol

Read on Twitter

Dammit Frank, name names. Who were these posters?
Circling calendars since 2021
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,612

Post#82 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:18 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
WiscoKing13 wrote:So is Crowder hurt? Would have thought he would be inline for major minutes without Giannis. Yet Gallo somehow gets 19 minutes and Crowder gets 15.

Sent from my SM-G991U using RealGM mobile app

Agreed. I thought Crowder was pretty good today. Not great but better than the corpse of Gallo.

He was icing his ankle on the bench, so I'm guessing that's why he didn't play more.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#83 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:26 am

msiris wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Too much angst about pulling Dame for Bev for a defensive possession.
Its a pretty good strategy considering we needed a stop.

Not a good strategy when you leave your worst defender on the floor, and he instantly gets us beat.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#84 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:28 am

Using Bobby in a zone will be key to making him a 16 game player.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,113

Post#85 » by BigO » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:17 pm

Prez wrote:I'm sorry but this is just too funny not to post here, here's Frank (rightfully so, I'm glad he did) throwing some jabs at some of the dumb **** posted here about Khris lol

Read on Twitter

As a big KM supporter, I agree with this, although I have to say, I find Frank Madden to be one of the most long winded people I've ever heard. It's not that I disagree with things he says. It's just that he is the definition of a guy who drones on and on.

Frank, shorten it up. I don't have that much longer on this earth.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#86 » by fam3381 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:38 pm

BigO wrote:As a big KM supporter, I agree with this, although I have to say, I find Frank Madden to be one of the most long winded people I've ever heard. It's not that I disagree with things he says. It's just that he is the definition of a guy who drones on and on.

Frank, shorten it up. I don't have that much longer on this earth.

Correct.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,335

Post#87 » by crkone » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:12 pm

mediocrityrules wrote:

Read on Twitter

I'm guessing the old site:forums.realgm.com "quote" search might help here but you probably know who they are already. :wink:

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,529

Post#88 » by -Jragon- » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:24 pm

jschligs wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:More Gallo.. not less.. get him in the flow because we might need minutes from a 4th big against .. any injury.. AJG should get Beas minutes or Pat c when he's broke

I don't know how you can watch Gallo and say this. There is a reason he was cut. He's just too old and his injury will never allow him to get back to his old self.

Because realgm dudes always rip 4s and 5s on our team to shreds... swear you guys will only be happy when we play 5 point guards. Realgm guys 2022.. trade Lopez.. Lopez goes on to be on DPOY consideration. Realgm guys this year.. trade Bobby for more guards.. Bobby is lacing you guys every game now. Now here we are, it's Gallo's turn.. just got here and barely had any practice or burn with the team --. Gallo is cooked -- whatever you guys also said Bev is cooked when we traded for him.

We are blessed to have these 4s and 5s rn.... take a moment and remember who our 4s and 5s have been before Lopez and Bobby... John Henson and even worse garbage.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,752

Post#89 » by emunney » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:47 pm

mediocrityrules wrote:

Read on Twitter

steger, rilaman, steger
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,971

Post#90 » by sidney lanier » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:51 pm

My favorite moment from last night's game was Tatum in disbelief at being called for an offensive foul for his usual left-arm-swing wipe-away on Khris.

His incredulity spoke volumes: "But Scott Foster, that's my signature move. How can it be a foul?"
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,680

Post#91 » by Matches Malone » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:56 pm

I don't disagree with Frank on the Middleton hate being too much, but his tweet reads like he's trying to get brownie points from the zoomer Bucks twitter crowd who weren't even watching the Bucks until Giannis was good enough. Not all of us are middle-aged like you :wink:
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,752

Post#92 » by emunney » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:00 pm

BTW, I disagree with subbing out Dame not because it threw him off or disgruntled him, but because in those situations, he's going to keep his man in front better than Beasley.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,423

Post#93 » by GoldenAntlers » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:01 pm

We're all happy Bobby and Khris look playable. Let's move on. The conversation is tired and goes no where.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,529

Post#94 » by -Jragon- » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:03 pm

Idk what to think about the D that Doc was using in the second half... he had the 4.. either Bobby or Gallo at top and kept the PG in the Center spot underneath right in the middle at the paint.... my guess is that it's some Boston gambit we're working on where we make them shoot the top of the key 3 over a long defender and if he tries to drive then the pg hiding in the paint (Bev or Dame) goes at their handle and tries to get a steal.. if he get's past both of those then either BL or Crowder were there to challenge the flick. Idk though.. is that what you guys saw? I feel like we did that before against some teams with GA on top.. but I never saw a PG in the middle of the paint b4.
sidney lanier
Head Coach

Post#95 » by sidney lanier » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:03 pm

emunney wrote:
mediocrityrules wrote:

Read on Twitter

steger, rilaman, steger

Congrats on the fame, pessimists. And BTW, I don't get the therapy crack. I thought this place WAS therapy.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,054

Post#96 » by Siefer » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:09 pm

The Celtics are really good. They couldn't definitely win it all, and no one should be embarrassed about losing to them if it comes to that. They're also very reliant on high volume three-point shooting, and their half-court offense can look pretty clunky. Their halfcourt floor isn't as bad as our pre-Dame teams, but they also don't have a Giannis that can solve all problems on the right night. It being the regular season and the Cs coasting with the lead are all real things, but we've seen the Cs jam up at the end of games more than once this year.

I'm feeling a bit better about our bench as we head into the playoffs. Bobby, Green, Pat, Bev looks workable, especially with the starters playing more minutes. Otoh, Brook is looking even more situational these days. He's still great at the things he's great at, but he's looking slower, and I'm not sure he really has access to his interior offense game anymore. I'm hoping Midds and Bobby can cover the 4 in those situations.
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,302

Post#97 » by Wooderson » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:34 pm

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

While I agree with Frank, the backlash to the Khris backlash is more irritating than the backlash itself at this point. Like Camille/Justin on LockedOn make it point to say "I know there's groups on the internet that dislike Kris" or "As a huge Khris supporter". Like do we still need to directly address a small subset of fans nearly every time Khris is mentioned? Show itself has declined since Kane's departure and that type of stuff is beating a dead horse. /rant
sidney lanier
Head Coach

Post#98 » by sidney lanier » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:49 pm

Wooderson wrote:

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

While I agree with Frank, the backlash to the Khris backlash is more irritating than the backlash itself at this point. Like Camille/Justin on LockedOn make it point to say "I know there's groups on the internet that dislike Kris" or "As a huge Khris supporter". Like do we still need to directly address a small subset of fans nearly every time Khris is mentioned? Show itself has declined since Kane's departure and that type of stuff is beating a dead horse. /rant

I disagree. Taking umbrage at somebody else's umbrage is something we all do, although when done to the fourth degree as you did it can be a little tedious. But when it's asserted that an NBA player couldn't win a race with a fat man (paraphrasing), stern measures are called for.
wallus
Rookie
And1: 1,189

Post#99 » by wallus » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:28 pm

It's funny seeing teams trying to hunt AJ Green, they must not scout him.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,957

Post#100 » by BUCKnation » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:40 pm

-Jragon- wrote:Idk what to think about the D that Doc was using in the second half... he had the 4.. either Bobby or Gallo at top and kept the PG in the Center spot underneath right in the middle at the paint.... my guess is that it's some Boston gambit we're working on where we make them shoot the top of the key 3 over a long defender and if he tries to drive then the pg hiding in the paint (Bev or Dame) goes at their handle and tries to get a steal.. if he get's past both of those then either BL or Crowder were there to challenge the flick. Idk though.. is that what you guys saw? I feel like we did that before against some teams with GA on top.. but I never saw a PG in the middle of the paint b4.

Boston has been better with it this year, but I think it was a kind of muck it up tactic that the Heat used on them last year. It ended up working b/c Tatum wasn't aggressive looking for his own shot after a hot first half and we kind of baited them into jump shots that weren't always the highest quality or position on the court and no one outside of White or Pritchard was super consistent. Also, it was pretty clear that without Giannis, we couldn't really match up with them at all in a 'man to man' style defense with any sort of switching.

Or it was just AJ Green's presence.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks