PG Celtics - Comeback Falls Short

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,723

Re: PG Celtics - Comeback Falls Short 

Post#101 » by msiris » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:42 pm

BigO wrote:
Prez wrote:I'm sorry but this is just too funny not to post here, here's Frank (rightfully so, I'm glad he did) throwing some jabs at some of the dumb **** posted here about Khris lol

Read on Twitter

As a big KM supporter, I agree with this, although I have to say, I find Frank Madden to be one of the most long winded people I've ever heard. It's not that I disagree with things he says. It's just that he is the definition of a guy who drones on and on.

Frank, shorten it up. I don't have that much longer on this earth.
My only concern with Mids has always been theablity to stay healhy.
Ride the tank
Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,215

Post#102 » by Chad34 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:10 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:Some nights AJ Green just needs to play more than Beasley. That's all I got.

If Beas doesn't play down the stretch, does Boston ever score?

Yeah, I thought AJ was, and could’ve bodied him up way better
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,728

Post#103 » by CharityStripe34 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:24 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
jschligs wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:More Gallo.. not less.. get him in the flow because we might need minutes from a 4th big against .. any injury.. AJG should get Beas minutes or Pat c when he's broke

I don't know how you can watch Gallo and say this. There is a reason he was cut. He's just too old and his injury will never allow him to get back to his old self.

Because realgm dudes always rip 4s and 5s on our team to shreds... swear you guys will only be happy when we play 5 point guards. Realgm guys 2022.. trade Lopez.. Lopez goes on to be on DPOY consideration. Realgm guys this year.. trade Bobby for more guards.. Bobby is lacing you guys every game now. Now here we are, it's Gallo's turn.. just got here and barely had any practice or burn with the team --. Gallo is cooked -- whatever you guys also said Bev is cooked when we traded for him.

We are blessed to have these 4s and 5s rn.... take a moment and remember who our 4s and 5s have been before Lopez and Bobby... John Henson and even worse garbage.

Lot of broad strokes here. Gallo isn't remotely comparable to Bobby or Brook. Obviously, he was brought in for depth.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#104 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:48 pm

BigO wrote:The comments on BP prove that there needs to be a G league realgm.

BP with 24 and 15 on great efficiency. Horrible game.

Seriously, it was a fun fourth quarter, but the Bucks do that all the time when they are way ahead after three quarters. There is a natural tendency to coast.

But I still think the Bucks beat Boston with a healthy team. Go to a three person bench in the playoffs and we'll be fine.

Twitter is even worse.

I think a lot of it is people who want to ignore the real problems with the team, but I've never seen someone with such weird expectations as Bobby. This fanbase loses their minds if he misses twice in a row and expect him to play like an all nba player night in and night out. Then to top it off they're silent or "yea but'ing" when he has those all nba type performances.

I don't get him being the scapegoat. Elite and consistent bench production on a below market value contract with no ego and a team leader and emotional backbone. Bizarre fan base.
Do it for Chuck
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,752

Post#105 » by emunney » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:20 pm

wallus wrote:It's funny seeing teams trying to hunt AJ Green, they must not scout him.

I think it's natural to try to go after the young guy that you're not as familiar with, but yeah, would think his tape speaks for itself at this point. He's not the pushover everybody seems to think he is. Have at it, you're only making him learn.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,529

Post#106 » by -Jragon- » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:20 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
jschligs wrote:
I don't know how you can watch Gallo and say this. There is a reason he was cut. He's just too old and his injury will never allow him to get back to his old self.

Because realgm dudes always rip 4s and 5s on our team to shreds... swear you guys will only be happy when we play 5 point guards. Realgm guys 2022.. trade Lopez.. Lopez goes on to be on DPOY consideration. Realgm guys this year.. trade Bobby for more guards.. Bobby is lacing you guys every game now. Now here we are, it's Gallo's turn.. just got here and barely had any practice or burn with the team --. Gallo is cooked -- whatever you guys also said Bev is cooked when we traded for him.

We are blessed to have these 4s and 5s rn.... take a moment and remember who our 4s and 5s have been before Lopez and Bobby... John Henson and even worse garbage.

Lot of broad strokes here. Gallo isn't remotely comparable to Bobby or Brook. Obviously, he was brought in for depth.

With barely any practices he's probably just getting the playbook down. In the past, Gallo would have went to LA or something and we'd be stuck signing G league guys. Lebron would use this dude.. idk wtf we are thinking not using him more and I don't know what you guys are thinking that he's not good... .here I have a math problem for you:

Take all of the years Dame had a 600+ TS% (3) then add that to the number of seasons Khris had a 600+ TS% (1) that total is LESS THAN the number of seasons Gallo had a 600+ TS% (5) ... this dude has had Durant-like TS since his rookie year and you guys act like suddenly he's garbage because he had a surgery. It takes time to feel confident in it but giving him more run now is the right move.. not less.. when the light shines too bright for our other role players and rookies this is the kind of guy that can come in and make big plays.

Also Bobby NEVER had a season with a TS over 600 and Brook only had 2.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant

Post#107 » by -Jragon- » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:24 pm

Jragon opinion everyone will ignore... Getting Gallo and AJJ in the game starting now, running and fluent with the team and the plays pays off immensely in the event of a playoff injury or someone gets the yips
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,956

Post#108 » by soxperry » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:38 pm

More than one post on the Boston board has loosely attempted to equate Giannis being out with Jrue being out.. the bottom line suggestion being, presumably, "hey, we were missing Jrue!"

Lol

Ive seen enough. Bubble wrap all injuries until we are in a playoff series with a good team. Khris looks incredible. Dame finally looks like Dame. We know 34 will show up.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,020

Post#109 » by German Athens » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:54 pm

emunney wrote:
wallus wrote:It's funny seeing teams trying to hunt AJ Green, they must not scout him.

I think it's natural to try to go after the young guy that you're not as familiar with, but yeah, would think his tape speaks for itself at this point. He's not the pushover everybody seems to think he is. Have at it, you're only making him learn.

A.I. Green it is
emunney
RealGM

Post#110 » by emunney » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:59 pm

German Athens wrote:
emunney wrote:

A.I. Green it is

emunney
RealGM

Post#111 » by emunney » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:29 pm

Will say I think what sinks Boston this year (if anything) is categorically the same as what hurt us last year: a lack of vocal leadership. Mazzulla is not a bad coach but he's passive. This is also the area where they miss Marcus Smart.

They have a lot of lead-by-example guys, which is great, but what that mostly means is that those guys are low maintenance. You start coughing up this lead, you need loud credible voices. I don't think the Celtics have that.

Of course, they could also hit a prolonged cold patch, like anybody, and that will be that.

I think they're the best team in the NBA and I think we're a nightmare matchup for them.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant

Post#112 » by -Jragon- » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:41 pm

emunney wrote:BTW, I disagree with subbing out Dame not because it threw him off or disgruntled him, but because in those situations, he's going to keep his man in front better than Beasley.

I think the whole world knew there that the ball was going to Tatum and they wanted some length behind the initial defender in the zone to reach up and bother his shot a bit.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,728

Post#113 » by CharityStripe34 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:45 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:

With barely any practices he's probably just getting the playbook down. In the past, Gallo would have went to LA or something and we'd be stuck signing G league guys. Lebron would use this dude.. idk wtf we are thinking not using him more and I don't know what you guys are thinking that he's not good... .here I have a math problem for you:

Take all of the years Dame had a 600+ TS% (3) then add that to the number of seasons Khris had a 600+ TS% (1) that total is LESS THAN the number of seasons Gallo had a 600+ TS% (5) ... this dude has had Durant-like TS since his rookie year and you guys act like suddenly he's garbage because he had a surgery. It takes time to feel confident in it but giving him more run now is the right move.. not less.. when the light shines too bright for our other role players and rookies this is the kind of guy that can come in and make big plays.

For what it's worth, I never said Gallinari is washed or shouldn't play. I'm just thinking that Crowder will eat all his minutes in the playoffs as the 4th "big" for when we go small.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant

Post#114 » by -Jragon- » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:22 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:

For what it's worth, I never said Gallinari is washed or shouldn't play. I'm just thinking that Crowder will eat all his minutes in the playoffs as the 4th "big" for when we go small.

There's going to be times when you want a 6'10 guy at PF instead of a 6'6 guy... Jae got ate up on a lot of those plays when we was trying to be small ball 4 last night. I agree that decisions will and should be made with role players sitting more or playing more against certain teams/matchups. In order to have all men ready and on deck though my opinion is keep running Gallo and get AJJ in and functioning well b4 the playoffs start and it's very tough to find minutes for guys until it's too late and there's an injury or someone just goes ice cold and now you have noone ready to functionally play.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,335

Post#115 » by crkone » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:36 pm

Read on Twitter

Jae's been dealing with stuff

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#116 » by skbucks1985 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

emunney wrote:Will say I think what sinks Boston this year (if anything) is categorically the same as what hurt us last year: a lack of vocal leadership. Mazzulla is not a bad coach but he's passive. This is also the area where they miss Marcus Smart.

They have a lot of lead-by-example guys, which is great, but what that mostly means is that those guys are low maintenance. You start coughing up this lead, you need loud credible voices. I don't think the Celtics have that.

Of course, they could also hit a prolonged cold patch, like anybody, and that will be that.

I think they're the best team in the NBA and I think we're a nightmare matchup for them.

Boston's postseason resilience over the last couple seasons has been genuinely impressive to me. The 22 Bucks series, the 23 Phllly series, the ECF against Miami both years, they had losses where I thought the other team ripped their hearts out and they came back and won 3 of those series and came from 0-3 to make it 3-3 in the other. And I think baked into the heart and soul moniker that Smart gets him having a big part of getting them off the mat in those situation. If they find themselves in that situation again this season, we'll see if they're able to respond as well.

Boston fans would probably say they've improved enough that they won't find themselves in the situation again.
Dick Tate
Starter
And1: 1,874

Post#117 » by Dick Tate » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:19 pm

Good to see Kryptonite Khris can still be a thing against the Celtics. Would love to see that matchup in the Conference Finals.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,329

Post#118 » by jute2003 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:00 pm

Bobby will go into an inefficient chucker funk while still sucking at defense again soon and khris will have a stretch of games where he averages 8 pts and 6 balls dribbled off his foot per game and the pendulum will swing back. Tis the way of the forum
only a fan, only an opinion
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,114

Post#119 » by BigO » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:00 pm

jute2003 wrote:Bobby will go into an inefficient chucker funk while still sucking at defense again soon and khris will have a stretch of games where he averages 8 pts and 6 balls dribbled off his foot per game and the pendulum will swing back. Tis the way of the forum

Yep, and posters will jump at the opportunity to call for trading Middleton and Portis for a second rounder and Josh Richardson. :banghead: :banghead:
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,114

Post#120 » by BigO » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:04 pm

I still don't get why Doc put Beasley into the game for defense at the end. There must be some algorithm that I'm not aware of.

But I liked the smaller lineup without Brook. Not sure why it isn't tried more.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks