ImageImage

PG Nets: Bucks Grind out Win

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

yb90
Senior
And1: 219

Re: PG Nets: Bucks Grind out Win 

Post#21 » by yb90 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:44 am

Nice win. Giannis seems to take a game to get back in rhythm even though a lot of his misses could have been called for fouls. Clutch 3 in the 4th though and really let Dame take the reigns. Some of the others stepped up at home like you would expect. Green and Lopez was big factor since Bobby had a stinker. Lastly, Dame was great down the stretch and the 2man game with Giannis was good. Doc taking Dame out unlocked his inner GP. Lol.

Extra: Learn to ride AJ More! Respect, the defense you see him playing is real. Somebody get Green some Clubs and hack into Doc phone to change Patty C number to Green. Lol. Get them some bonding time. Also, all the ast coaches need to whisper under there breath after any Convo with Doc that: "you know AJ Green is really a 10 year vet".
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#22 » by Jez2983 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:44 am

blazza18 wrote:Glad we pulled that one out. Not the best second half at all.

Dame's jumpers are so effortless at times. Good sign that he's creating more space lately and knocking them down.

A lot of the second half was bad, but our two superstars came out and absolutely determined the outcome of the game. This is what I thought we'd be seeing after Xmas with these two, and they're only going to get better.

Dairy was a big positive and Malik hit a big three. Bobby also finished the game very well, after being poor for a lot of the game.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,904

Post#23 » by jschligs » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:45 am

rilamann wrote:Moral loss

:lol:

A win is a win, but beating the Nets at home in the final stretch of the season shouldn't be that hard if you're a top contender.

Kind of cool to see Dame take over on both ends down the stretch though.

Nearly every contending team has games like this.
Jez2983
RealGM

Post#24 » by Jez2983 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:45 am

There was a stretch where we couldn't get a board with Bobby and Brook out there. Potentially Brook was tired. But I think that was how they got the lead in the last, and I'm inclined to blame that vs. officiating as we can change the rebounding.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,724

Post#25 » by msiris » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:49 am

jschligs wrote:
rilamann wrote:Moral loss

:lol:

A win is a win, but beating the Nets at home in the final stretch of the season shouldn't be that hard if you're a top contender.

Kind of cool to see Dame take over on both ends down the stretch though.

Nearly every contending team has games like this.
On a b2b as well.
Ride the tank
Jez2983
RealGM

Post#26 » by Jez2983 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:50 am

I could see Malik staying with us on a discount, if that is even possible. I think he likes Doc and vice versa.

Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,906

Post#27 » by Plossum » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:00 am

This was a good win. On a B2B after the big game in Boston, this had trap written all over it. Good effort from the lads to grind this one out.
#LockUpChuck
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,906

Post#28 » by Plossum » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:00 am

Jez2983 wrote:I could see Malik staying with us on a discount, if that is even possible. I think he likes Doc and vice versa.

How does the Dairy Bird max contract figure into this?
#LockUpChuck
Jez2983
RealGM

Post#29 » by Jez2983 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:40 am

Plossum wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:I could see Malik staying with us on a discount, if that is even possible. I think he likes Doc and vice versa.

How does the Dairy Bird max contract figure into this?

Have to look at his Bird rights after this current contract is done.

ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,616

Post#30 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:54 am

yb90 wrote:Nice win. Giannis seems to take a game to get back in rhythm even though a lot of his misses could have been called for fouls. Clutch 3 in the 4th though and really let Dame take the reigns. Some of the others stepped up at home like you would expect. Green and Lopez was big factor since Bobby had a stinker. Lastly, Dame was great down the stretch and the 2man game with Giannis was good. Doc taking Dame out unlocked his inner GP. Lol.

Extra: Learn to ride AJ More! Respect, the defense you see him playing is real. Somebody get Green some Clubs and hack into Doc phone to change Patty C number to Green. Lol. Get them some bonding time. Also, all the ast coaches need to whisper under there breath after any Convo with Doc that: "you know AJ Green is really a 10 year vet".

Green should get Beasley's minutes, not Patty Cs.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,499

Post#31 » by old skool » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:27 am

The Bucks spent too much of the second half pounding the air out of the ball on the perimeter. Stagnant offense.

Too much of their offense is dump the ball to Giannis or Bobby on the wing so they can go one on one, or let Dame drive to create his own shot. The offense is much better when the ball moves and others get involved. Still, a professional win. Lillard with two great steals near the end, as if he was determined to contribute on defense.

Post game, Rivers said AJ and Connaughton were the best Bucks at moving without the ball.

Giannis 4-12 FGA in the second half.

Beasley 11 points & 5 rebounds in the 2nd half.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,499

Post#32 » by old skool » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:28 am

Giannis shooting 48% from 3-point since the All-Star break (11 games).
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,312

Post#33 » by rilamann » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:44 am

Dame's defense down stretch was a big reason the Bucks pulled out the win.

I wonder if Doc subbing Dame out against Boston 24 hours earlier had anything to do with lighting a fire under Dame on the defensive end tonight.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
yb90
Senior
And1: 219

Post#34 » by yb90 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:04 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
yb90 wrote:Nice win. Giannis seems to take a game to get back in rhythm even though a lot of his misses could have been called for fouls. Clutch 3 in the 4th though and really let Dame take the reigns. Some of the others stepped up at home like you would expect. Green and Lopez was big factor since Bobby had a stinker. Lastly, Dame was great down the stretch and the 2man game with Giannis was good. Doc taking Dame out unlocked his inner GP. Lol.

Green should get Beasley's minutes, not Patty Cs.

There really is not a specific player he should be getting minutes over right now but it should be based on how the other players are playing.

The Patty C number thing is only because they played golf together. Pat has been way better since the all star break so he is cool in my book.

The only guaranteed vet person he should get minutes is Gallo. Gallo should be break glass in case of Emergency and even then I'd personally play AJax over him.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,753

Post#35 » by emunney » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:39 pm

Doc also said in the pg that he's been talking with the other coaches about putting in some stuff where both Beas and Milk are running off ball, sort of lamenting that they don't have enough sets where Beas is on the move.

I think if Green's getting 20mpg in the POs (doubt it), those minutes are coming from all over the roster, including the bigs as we play more small lineups. Giannis-Middleton as the "bigs" opens the door to some obscene spread lineups.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,616

Post#36 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:16 pm

rilamann wrote:Dame's defense down stretch was a big reason the Bucks pulled out the win.

I wonder if Doc subbing Dame out against Boston 24 hours earlier had anything to do with lighting a fire under Dame on the defensive end tonight.

Dame has had those moments at the end of other games too. The key in this one was Dame was given the more important matchup, so he had a chance to make the play, and it kept Beasley hidden, a game after Beasley's defense blew the Boston comeback.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,728

Post#37 » by CharityStripe34 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:41 pm

Good W. They let the Nets get quite physical in the 4th. Some of Freaks drives were obvious calls. But I like that he stayed patient late, kicked it out and let Dame initiate to close it out. Seemed like they figured the Nets would roll over after halftime.

Sent from my LM-K500 using RealGM mobile app
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,753

Post#38 » by emunney » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:34 pm

Re-watching the sequence where Schroeder pushed Giannis from behind and have thoughts about refereeing incompetence.

1) Giannis should have gotten a flagrant 1 for the hit on Schroeder in the first half. That probably would have nipped the whole thing in the bud.

2) Schroeder should have immediately gotten a T for standing over Giannis after he pushed him from behind. That also probably ends it.

3) After it was obvious that Schroeder deliberately pushed Giannis from behind while in the air as payback and then came BACK over to tell him about it, he should have gotten a flagrant on review, a second T, and been tossed.

Just complete dereliction at every link in the chain.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
kanyon
Junior
And1: 212

Post#39 » by kanyon » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:17 pm

Larry Curd.
Jez2983
RealGM

Post#40 » by Jez2983 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:14 pm

emunney wrote:Doc also said in the pg that he's been talking with the other coaches about putting in some stuff where both Beas and Milk are running off ball, sort of lamenting that they don't have enough sets where Beas is on the move.

I think if Green's getting 20mpg in the POs (doubt it), those minutes aren't coming from all over the roster, including the bigs as we play more small lineups. Giannis-Middleton as the "bigs" opens the door to some obscene spread lineups.

I found that interesting too. He also talked about Pat C as well in the same line of thinking. Doc certainly understands the strengths and weaknesses of the various players on our team, and actively talks about how to maximize each player. Whether he does it is another thing, but his insight is enjoyable.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks