ImageImage

PG: Bucks Pound Thunder

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 865

Re: PG: Bucks Pound Thunder 

Post#121 » by MiltownMadness » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:16 pm

So you'll just ignore the 3 games before that where Dame was playing like the best PG in the league? Dame wants to win a chip maybe more than anybody on this team, you have created a Dame narrative in your head that is far from reality.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,501

Post#122 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:19 pm

It's amazing the things you guys bitch and argue about after a great win. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
milwaukee bunks
Senior
And1: 434

Post#123 » by milwaukee bunks » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:20 pm

MiltownMadness wrote:
milwaukee bunks wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:He has a terrible habit of making tiny errors that only Bucks nerds would notice. You get over it quickly but always notice it. Better with time I'd assume

No different than Marques calling Chet "Holmgrem" all game

Eh, it's a little different. Koehn says a bunch of statistical errors on the radio, then he won't correct himself so you have the player stats all messed up in your mind. This is only annoying for a very specific demographic of basketball nerds. This is mainly a radio thing and a reason why I think he is better suited for TV. Also he just kind of fumbles over his words often because he doesn't really have a cohost to take the pressure off. I'd say it's a lot different really

yeah I noticed him last game calling guys the wrong name like 4x in the game
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,171

Post#124 » by RRyder823 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:26 pm

We got Dame and Giannis averaging 35 minutes a game. (his most since Kidd)

Good thing we're coasting and not running them into the ground playing 32-33 minutes a night like Bud played his stars for years

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,308

Post#125 » by rilamann » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:48 pm

This is actually kind of odd but funny.

I am saying that I think the Bucks coasted at times during this season, which is basically saying that I think they are better than their record indicates. That's actually an optimistic view.

If I was swayed or I thought that the Bucks actually didn't coast, I would have considerably lower expectations for the team going into the playoffs.

If I honestly thought that the Bucks we've seen in these first 71 games were the real Bucks and there was no coasting going on at any point during the season, I would probably give the team a 10% chance at best of reaching the Finals.

It's funny and odd because I usually have the perception of being Mr Pessimistic, but then I have an optimistic take and a bunch of people get upset. I actually think it's hilarious.

I've seen the Bucks many times this season have an interest and focus level of maybe a 2 out of 10 as they got blown out by 30+ to teams like the Raptors. Or lose to the Grizzlies 12th man squad.

Then I have seen the same Bucks team have an interest and focus level of like a 9 or 10 out 10 and destroy teams like the Celtics and Thunder.

Call me crazy if you'd like, I think the team coasted a bit against some of the bad teams....lol.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,329

Post#126 » by jute2003 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:50 pm

This team does like to coast at times. They have for years. That includes Giannis.
only a fan, only an opinion
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,308

Post#127 » by rilamann » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:53 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:It's amazing the things you guys bitch and argue about after a great win. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think I might have thrown everyone off by having an optimistic take.

:lol:
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#128 » by tedbrogen » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:26 pm

Dick Tate wrote:Giannis coasting at MVP level :lol:

Giannis coasts by taking a bunch of threes and not flying all over the place on D. He does go all out more frequently than any player on the team but he coasts sometimes too. It’s just not as an evident because he still gets his numbers and does insane things since he’s the best or second best player in the world currently.
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,023

Post#129 » by Neuromancer56 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:53 pm

rilamann wrote:With the Celtics probably going 65-17 or 66-16, the Bucks could end up looking really smart that they kind of coasted all season to the #2 seed with 52 or 53 wins.

Think about it, had the Bucks went all-in on the regular season and went 64-18, they'd still be in the exact same position sitting at the #2 seed.

Have to get the #2 seed though, if the Bucks slip up in these final 11 games and slip to the #4 seed, then they will look like fools.

But if they can win 7 or 8 of these final 11 games and grab the #2 seed, they're going to come out smelling like roses and looking like geniuses.
The Bucks hired Adrian Griffin. I don't see any scenario where they look like geniuses. Though they do have a legit shot at winning a championship this year. The irony is that hiring Griff probably made the players much more open to buying into what a decent coach like Doc has to say. I'm starting to think that Doc was underrated as a coach. He's really got the Bucks on the right track.
bbbarnett47
Junior
And1: 130

Post#130 » by bbbarnett47 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:59 pm

At 5:17 Pat Bev says they just installed some of the defensive stuff they were doing against OKC only a few days ago

tedbrogen
Analyst

Post#131 » by tedbrogen » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:08 pm

Judging by that video PatBev installed the new defense stuff or at least talked Doc into it.

If I understood him right, it’s just more switching, especially anytime there are multiple screen actions. Which is a breath of fresh air after watching Bud leave Grayson on an island to chase Heat players over two or three moving screens last postseason.
tedbrogen
Analyst

Post#132 » by tedbrogen » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:15 pm

Neuromancer56 wrote:
rilamann wrote:With the Celtics probably going 65-17 or 66-16, the Bucks could end up looking really smart that they kind of coasted all season to the #2 seed with 52 or 53 wins.

Think about it, had the Bucks went all-in on the regular season and went 64-18, they'd still be in the exact same position sitting at the #2 seed.

Have to get the #2 seed though, if the Bucks slip up in these final 11 games and slip to the #4 seed, then they will look like fools.

But if they can win 7 or 8 of these final 11 games and grab the #2 seed, they're going to come out smelling like roses and looking like geniuses.
The Bucks hired Adrian Griffin. I don't see any scenario where they look like geniuses. Though they do have a legit shot at winning a championship this year. The irony is that hiring Griff probably made the players much more open to buying into what a decent coach like Doc has to say. I'm starting to think that Doc was underrated as a coach. He's really got the Bucks on the right track.

At the very least hiring Grief set the bar so low that it made Doc’s job pretty easy. If Nurse gets the job and comes in with his attitude and Giannis already sorta disliking him, maybe it goes worse in the long run when the team quits on him later in the season or in the playoffs but it’s tougher to fire Nurse than a first year head coach.

But yeah, I also think Doc is underrated because he gets zero credit for his teams being up 3-1 or 3-2 but somehow takes all the blame when Simmons, Embiid, and CP3 were choking away those leads. Was Doc the one afraid to dunk over Trae?

It’s been said many times here but if Doc helps them get them a 3-1 series lead with Dame/Midds/Giannis, I like their chances.
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,739

Post#133 » by yannisk » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:28 pm

We have a quality squad and Rivers seems like an above average coach (or even better). I would feel a bit more confident if Dame had stabilized his performance in a high level, if there was better synergy between Giannis and Dame and if we had acquired a good defensive SG. Still if Dame gets hot in the playoffs in enough games we can beat anybody
tedbrogen
Analyst

Post#134 » by tedbrogen » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:56 pm

yannisk wrote:We have a quality squad and Rivers seems like an above average coach (or even better). I would feel a bit more confident if Dame had stabilized his performance in a high level, if there was better synergy between Giannis and Dame and if we had acquired a good defensive SG. Still if Dame gets hot in the playoffs in enough games we can beat anybody

To address the concerns:
1) Dame seems to have stabilized lately. The three games before last night he was great.
2) They still have an even higher ceiling to unlock if they can fully optimize the Dame/Giannis synergy. I have liked the side PnR that forces a switch and Dame is the entry pass to Giannis if Dame can’t attack off the initial action.
3) They have a good defensive shooting guard on the roster, they call him Dairy Bird.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,956

Post#135 » by soxperry » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:18 am

Dame wasn't even really that bad last night, his shot just wasn't falling early and instead of repeatedly trying to force it over and over, he decided to use his gravity and drive and dish. A lot of missed wide open shots early off his would-be assists, but i felt like decision wise it was a fine game for him. Even good.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,752

Post#136 » by emunney » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:28 am

rilamann wrote:
Dick Tate wrote:Giannis coasting at MVP level :lol:

Of course Giannis doesn't coast.

I guess I should have used the disclaimer that the team coasted with the exception of Giannis. I didn't think that it would have to be said.

I made the mistake of assuming this board as more common sense than it actually does. My bad.

:D

Giannis coasts, it's just that it still looks like B+ effort.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,011

Post#137 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:35 am

We coasted last year and had the best record in the league.

This year it feels like we're grinding.

Just my opinion.

And great win last night. Hopefully we've turned a corner that can get us comfortably into the 2nd round and build some real momentum from there.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#138 » by buckboy » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:19 am

rilamann wrote:Shai is the prefect example of a guy whose name (rightfully) comes up in the MVP discussion, but will probably never actually win the award.

Sure. He's a great player who absolutely is not the MVP.

Come on.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,033

Post#139 » by RiotPunch » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:27 am

Vibes are
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#140 » by buckboy » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:31 pm

old skool wrote:I think if a player could average 30/6/6/1/2 on .633 TS% shooting, lead the NBA in steals and lead the OKC team we saw yesterday to the number one seed in the West, I would consider that player an MVP candidate.

Candidate? Sure.

He has no business winning it though. Comparing him to Giannis and Joker is ridiculous.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."

Return to Milwaukee Bucks