Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 882

Re: PG: Bucks Pound Thunder 

Post#61 » by MiltownMadness » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:54 am

Brewhoopfan wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:
Perishable517 wrote:Bingo! I agree about the voice and charisma.

Sent from my CPH2417 using RealGM mobile app

Dope, I think I have a good pulse for radio. Koehn is great and probably should be on TV, if he gets really good could find a bigtime job with that radio voice

He tries to provide way too much analysis and info. If he would just stick to describing the action, he would be much better. His style is better suited for TV.

Yep said he is better on TV a bit earlier ITT. Ted was a lot better on radio but Koehn next to Marques is butter, love having him with someone who can add to the conversation and spawn funny narratives like Marques
Ruben Quevedo
Pro Prospect
And1: 469

Post#62 » by Ruben Quevedo » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:54 am

skbucks1985 wrote:
Ruben Quevedo wrote:
skbucks1985 wrote:A game like this is the kinda game that makes you disregard the 'who do you want to play' conversation because the way they played in the 3rd quarter, I think only Denver can hit that level (Boston can, but only if they get hot from 3).

I do think this is a particularly bad matchup for OKC and good matchup for the Bucks. OKC needed Chet to shoot the ball really well to try to play Brook off the court and then just attack the basket. But he wasn't having that kinda night and the Bucks did a really good job of cutting off driving lanes otherwise.

Seems like we have too much strength in the paint for OKC to handle.

Denver I think is a dead even matchup and would be a close series.

Boston is just a different animal. I don’t think anyone has an answer to the problems they present.

I completely disagree about Boston, they're very good and with HCA can be very justifiably considered the favorites. But I don't see some unstoppable juggernaut.

After the 2015-2016 warriors lost and the 2017-2018 warriors were taken to 7 games, I hesitate to say any team is truly unstoppable. But they are pretty darn close. Top 5 net rating in NBA history. They are crushing teams. It’s going to take something special to beat them 4 times without HCA
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,622

Post#63 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:56 am

yannisk wrote:
Ruben Quevedo wrote:
skbucks1985 wrote:A game like this is the kinda game that makes you disregard the 'who do you want to play' conversation because the way they played in the 3rd quarter, I think only Denver can hit that level (Boston can, but only if they get hot from 3).

I do think this is a particularly bad matchup for OKC and good matchup for the Bucks. OKC needed Chet to shoot the ball really well to try to play Brook off the court and then just attack the basket. But he wasn't having that kinda night and the Bucks did a really good job of cutting off driving lanes otherwise.

Boston is just a different animal. I don’t think anyone has an answer to the problems they present.

I think we beat Denver, Denver beats Boston and unfortunately Boston beats us

Because they slipped past us without Giannis?
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,504

Post#64 » by Milbucks96 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:56 am

MiltownMadness wrote:
Milbucks96 wrote:Best win of the season. Thunder are the real deal and the bucks whooped them with no flukey shooting variance.

Full strength Wolves on the road was way better but not too shabby

Prefer this one because we had everybody who will (god willing) play when it matters. Winning without Khris vs a top west team on the road is better from a win probability standpoint, but this one felt like I watched a team that can win 16 games in the playoffs in multiple ways. Could just be me though.
Ruben Quevedo
Pro Prospect
And1: 469

Post#65 » by Ruben Quevedo » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:58 am

MiltownMadness wrote:
Ruben Quevedo wrote:

Ironically the Celtics players themselves will be their own undoing

I know a lot of people are counting on that. It’s my hope as well. But they didn’t have Jrue and KP before, and they didn’t have *this* version of jaylen brown, who is legitimately one of the best players in the league right now.
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,376

Post#66 » by MoreTrife » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:59 am

Ruben Quevedo wrote:
skbucks1985 wrote:
Ruben Quevedo wrote:

I completely disagree about Boston, they're very good and with HCA can be very justifiably considered the favorites. But I don't see some unstoppable juggernaut.

After the 2015-2016 warriors lost and the 2017-2018 warriors were taken to 7 games, I hesitate to say any team is truly unstoppable. But they are pretty darn close. Top 5 net rating in NBA history. They are crushing teams. It’s going to take something special to beat them 4 times without HCA

It's gonna be great when Boston loses and they have to think about running it back for the 7th or 8th iteration of their "core". **** Boston.
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#67 » by MiltownMadness » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:01 am

Ruben Quevedo wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:
Ruben Quevedo wrote:

I know a lot of people are counting on that. It’s my hope as well. But they didn’t have Jrue and KP before, and they didn’t have *this* version of jaylen brown, who is legitimately one of the best players in the league right now.

Jrue and KP are not playoff risers friend. Citing Jaylen Brown is not good either. Smart money is on Bucks
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,622

Post#68 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:02 am

Ruben Quevedo wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:
Ruben Quevedo wrote:

Brown still can't go left, and the Bucks finally do something about it. Jrue has a serious shoulder injury.

When's the last time Boston beat us when we had Giannis, Khris, and our PG?
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,593

Post#69 » by JayMKE » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am

it was a fun game overall, enjoyed seeing Red Panda again too

Ill have to catch Dairy Bird at a later time
FREE GIANNIS
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#70 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:30 am

Ruben Quevedo wrote:
skbucks1985 wrote:
Ruben Quevedo wrote:

They're also 2-1 against the Bucks (with a VERY negative point differential), 2-1 against the Cavs, 0-2 against the Nuggets, 0-1 against the Thunder, 1-1 against the Clippers and 1-1 against the T-Wolves and have 1 double digit win against these teams. They don't crush the other elite teams.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,864

Post#71 » by Prez » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:55 am

Read on Twitter
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,728

Post#72 » by CharityStripe34 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:04 am

Didn't catch the game but mega W.

Sent from my LM-K500 using RealGM mobile app
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,530

Post#73 » by RogerMurdock » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:16 am

MiltownMadness wrote:Koehn is great and probably should be on TV, if he gets really good could find a bigtime job with that radio voice

MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#74 » by MiltownMadness » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:18 am

RogerMurdock wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:Koehn is great and probably should be on TV, if he gets really good could find a bigtime job with that radio voice

That was really good for some amateur stuff, reinforces my opinion! Definitely a talent
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,864

Post#75 » by Prez » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:24 am

I know nobody cares whatsoever about stupid stuff like this, but I care lol. It's funny how the Bucks just annihilated the #1 seed in the West in one of their NBATV games, Giannis dropped a damn near 30/20 game while totally outclassing a top 3 MVP favorite, and not a single post about it on the NBA's IG account. They have now 6 posts on the Pacers/Lakers game. They've posted Haliburton walking into the arena and a LeBron warmup dunk, but nothing on that obscene Khris/Giannis oop or anything else on our game.

It's stupid, I know, but it's been a pattern for a while and just one of many examples of what seems like a concerted effort across all basketball media to make the Bucks not a thing anymore.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,141

Post#76 » by FrieAaron » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:12 am

Obviously the defensive effort was great, but I love our passing lately.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,907

Post#77 » by Plossum » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:46 am

Prez wrote:I know nobody cares whatsoever about stupid stuff like this, but I care lol. It's funny how the Bucks just annihilated the #1 seed in the West in one of their NBATV games, Giannis dropped a damn near 30/20 game while totally outclassing a top 3 MVP favorite, and not a single post about it on the NBA's IG account. They have now 6 posts on the Pacers/Lakers game. They've posted Haliburton walking into the arena and a LeBron warmup dunk, but nothing on that obscene Khris/Giannis oop or anything else on our game.

It's stupid, I know, but it's been a pattern for a while and just one of many examples of what seems like a concerted effort across all basketball media to make the Bucks not a thing anymore.

I wouldn’t stress too much. The KPIs of the NBA’s social media team would centre on maximising engagement and it’s easier to achieve that by posting Warriors, Lakers, Celtics and Knicks stuff.
#LockUpChuck
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,907

Post#78 » by Plossum » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:53 am

Prez wrote:
Read on Twitter

Interesting to see Atlanta and the Lakers so high. LA I can understand but Atlanta is pretty random here.

Denver really is sleepwalking through the reg season to another title. :lol:
#LockUpChuck
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,171

Post#79 » by RRyder823 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:00 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:
DanoMac wrote:Chet literally might weigh less than 100 lbs

He won't really be able to put on much weight with that frame either. I expect him to be one of those guys who doesn't improve as much as you would think after their rookie season. OKC desperately needs size, they are toast in the playoffs this year

After this season, OKC should give up all their picks to acquire 2 time NBA champion Bobby Portis for the toughness, leadership, and rebounding.
You joke but I honestly think we need to look into trading them Brook in the offseason. They got the cap, need and disposable picks

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app
BMatt07
Starter
And1: 2,139

Post#80 » by BMatt07 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:08 am

Getting real tired of watching Lopez launch 3's from 8 feet behind the arc.

There was a shot in the 3rd that he air-balled by about 5 feet because he shot the thing from the damn logo.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks