ImageImage

PG: Bucks Pound Thunder

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,242

Re: PG: Bucks Pound Thunder 

Post#81 » by Sigra » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:02 am

Plossum wrote:Bit sad to see what has become of Hayward. Debateable if he's still an NBA quality player.

Same as Galo
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,731

Post#82 » by AussieBuck » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:13 am

This is such a nightmare matchup for OKC. Someone come up with a magic paper/rock/scissors thingy that has us meeting them in the finals. It'll be a boring 5 games.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
tsamo
Junior
And1: 160

Post#83 » by tsamo » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:55 am

Have to give credit to the players' defense. Some of the best clamping down I've seen from us In a long while.
If we can bring that same energy in the playoffs, even when our shot is not falling, we are golden.
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,525

Post#84 » by drone3 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:02 am

Fun game
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,614

Post#85 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:21 am

RRyder823 wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:He won't really be able to put on much weight with that frame either. I expect him to be one of those guys who doesn't improve as much as you would think after their rookie season. OKC desperately needs size, they are toast in the playoffs this year

After this season, OKC should give up all their picks to acquire 2 time NBA champion Bobby Portis for the toughness, leadership, and rebounding.
You joke but I honestly think we need to look into trading them Brook in the offseason. They got the cap, need and disposable picks

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app

He doesn't address their needs, they don't have salary that they'd want to send out, and his age doesn't match their timeline. They need a rebounder.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 887

Post#86 » by pifhluk23 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:33 pm

AussieBuck wrote:This is such a nightmare matchup for OKC. Someone come up with a magic paper/rock/scissors thingy that has us meeting them in the finals. It'll be a boring 5 games.

Round 1 they beat Kings, Round 2 they get Clippers with injured Kawhi, WCF Jokic gets injured.
Isocleas2
Veteran
And1: 513

Post#87 » by Isocleas2 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:44 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:This is such a nightmare matchup for OKC. Someone come up with a magic paper/rock/scissors thingy that has us meeting them in the finals. It'll be a boring 5 games.

Round 1 they beat Kings, Round 2 they get Clippers with injured Kawhi, WCF Jokic gets injured.

Okc likely ends up as the 2 or 3 seed.

Round 1 they get Phoenix, Dallas, or Sacramento. All teams they could beat.
Round 2 it's the same teams + Minnesota, and if KAT isn't back they're very beatable

So they're just a Jokic/Murray injury in the WCF away from making it.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#88 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:49 pm

My favorite version of Giannis is when he's attacking the boards and not just standing flat foot waiting for the ball. You know he's locked in when he's putting in effort on rebounding.
Do it for Chuck
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,146

Post#89 » by JimmyTheKid » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:00 pm

Went to this one. Giannis MVP. KMiddy trip dub. Blowout win. Free wings. Red Panda. Enjoyed.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,677

Post#90 » by chonestown » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:34 pm

<taps sign>

Read on Twitter
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#91 » by Jez2983 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:38 pm

I wonder why OKC set basically no screens for Shai? And when they did they were poor. Beasley and Lillard can do ok in a man to man situation, and they sure did tonight.

Excellent coaching by Doc, OKC need a solution.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#92 » by tedbrogen » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:50 pm

Jez2983 wrote:I wonder why OKC set basically no screens for Shai? And when they did they were poor. Beasley and Lillard can do ok in a man to man situation, and they sure did tonight.

Excellent coaching by Doc, OKC need a solution.

OKC seemed to decide the play was screen for Shai to get Dame switched on him then ISO him. Dame did a great job of forcing him middle towards Brook and Giannis.

For as good of a shooting team as OKC is, you can leave Giddy, Dort, and several bench guys open and recover on close outs due to slow and/or hesitant releases from league average or below three point shooters.

You basically treat Shai like teams treat Giannis. Dare Dort and Giddy to beat you.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#93 » by buckboy » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:53 pm

Ruben Quevedo wrote:
skbucks1985 wrote:A game like this is the kinda game that makes you disregard the 'who do you want to play' conversation because the way they played in the 3rd quarter, I think only Denver can hit that level (Boston can, but only if they get hot from 3).

I do think this is a particularly bad matchup for OKC and good matchup for the Bucks. OKC needed Chet to shoot the ball really well to try to play Brook off the court and then just attack the basket. But he wasn't having that kinda night and the Bucks did a really good job of cutting off driving lanes otherwise.

Seems like we have too much strength in the paint for OKC to handle.

Denver I think is a dead even matchup and would be a close series.

Boston is just a different animal. I don’t think anyone has an answer to the problems they present.

Denver is significantly better than Boston imo.

Also, not directed at you, how could anyone vote Shai as MVP?

Jokic is waaaaaay better than Shai. So is Giannis.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
milwaukee bunks
Senior
And1: 434

Post#94 » by milwaukee bunks » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:30 pm

MiltownMadness wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:We've had this PBP guy doing radio for the last two and a half years while the TV broadcast has stunk up the joint?

This is the third TV game he's done. The first and this one he was good. The second one he was stumbling for some reason. Misidentified players, got other stuff wrong. But overall yes he's much better than Lisa

He has a terrible habit of making tiny errors that only Bucks nerds would notice. You get over it quickly but always notice it. Better with time I'd assume

No different than Marques calling Chet "Holmgrem" all game
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,499

Post#95 » by old skool » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:31 pm

I think if a player could average 30/6/6/1/2 on .633 TS% shooting, lead the NBA in steals and lead the OKC team we saw yesterday to the number one seed in the West, I would consider that player an MVP candidate.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,956

Post#96 » by soxperry » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:52 pm

old skool wrote:I think if a player could average 30/6/6/1/2 on .633 TS% shooting, lead the NBA in steals and lead the OKC team we saw yesterday to the number one seed in the West, I would consider that player an MVP candidate.

Of course he's a candidate.

5 or 6 guys can be considered candidates.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,587

Post#97 » by Profound23 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:42 pm

soxperry wrote:
old skool wrote:I think if a player could average 30/6/6/1/2 on .633 TS% shooting, lead the NBA in steals and lead the OKC team we saw yesterday to the number one seed in the West, I would consider that player an MVP candidate.

and I don't feel like one great or one bad game should elevate or lower someone's chances.

If SGA wins MVP he deserves it. Instead of saying "There is no way he should be MVP after a game like that" we should say "We just held the potential MVP to............and beat his team."
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,752

Post#98 » by emunney » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:44 pm

buckboy wrote:
Ruben Quevedo wrote:
skbucks1985 wrote:A game like this is the kinda game that makes you disregard the 'who do you want to play' conversation because the way they played in the 3rd quarter, I think only Denver can hit that level (Boston can, but only if they get hot from 3).

I do think this is a particularly bad matchup for OKC and good matchup for the Bucks. OKC needed Chet to shoot the ball really well to try to play Brook off the court and then just attack the basket. But he wasn't having that kinda night and the Bucks did a really good job of cutting off driving lanes otherwise.

Seems like we have too much strength in the paint for OKC to handle.

Denver I think is a dead even matchup and would be a close series.

Boston is just a different animal. I don’t think anyone has an answer to the problems they present.

Denver is significantly better than Boston imo.

Also, not directed at you, how could anyone vote Shai as MVP?

Jokic is waaaaaay better than Shai. So is Giannis.

As they always do, Boston is going to experience the pain of having a great player who is not great enough.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,752

Post#99 » by emunney » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:47 pm

Profound23 wrote:
soxperry wrote:

and I don't feel like one great or one bad game should elevate or lower someone's chances.

If SGA wins MVP he deserves it. Instead of saying "There is no way he should be MVP after a game like that" we should say "We just held the potential MVP to............and beat his team."

In no way, shape, or form is Shai the most valuable player, therefore he would not deserve to win Most Valuable Player.

Jokic is going to win it, so this is all academic anyway. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,308

Post#100 » by rilamann » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:50 pm

Shai is the prefect example of a guy whose name (rightfully) comes up in the MVP discussion, but will probably never actually win the award.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****

Return to Milwaukee Bucks