PG Lakers: Bucks Implode

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,522

Re: PG Lakers: Bucks Implode 

Post#101 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:20 pm

Lakers still the feature on the ESPN website.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,055

Post#102 » by Siefer » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:39 pm

Here's the bottom line in this one.

Read on Twitter

Our top guys lost their damn minds in the 4th.
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,915

Post#103 » by Brewhoopfan » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:53 pm

Dude-niagara wrote:
rilamann wrote:Replace Dame with Jrue and Grayson and we probably win this one by 30.

End of the day Lillard went 9-29 and was terrible at defensive end. I don't believe you can blame Doc Rivers because the Bucks have been terrible on defence all season.

99% of Dame's awful defense is self inflicted. He's constantly gambling off ball & putting his team at a disadvantage. He's a combination of poor self awareness, poor discipline, and and is unwilling to engage in physical play.
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,331

Post#104 » by Gant » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:04 pm

Lost leads are a feature of the new NBA. Teams shoot their way back into games with the three while the team with the lead is also tempted to take lower percentage shots from long distance. A stretch of hot from one side mixed with a stretch of cold from the other and even giant leads evaporate.

Sean Grande: "It's the 40th time a team has lost a 19-point lead this year...the game has changed."
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,306

Post#105 » by fan230 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:17 pm

Brewhoopfan wrote:
Dude-niagara wrote:
rilamann wrote:Replace Dame with Jrue and Grayson and we probably win this one by 30.

End of the day Lillard went 9-29 and was terrible at defensive end. I don't believe you can blame Doc Rivers because the Bucks have been terrible on defence all season.

99% of Dame's awful defense is self inflicted. He's constantly gambling off ball & putting his team at a disadvantage. He's a combination of poor self awareness, poor discipline, and and is unwilling to engage in physical play.

Yesterday I was especially irritated at his taking lazy long distance shots and missing them. We were ahead comfortably in the fourth quarter when there was absolutely no need to keep chucking. This single habit of his caused the Lakers to mount a comeback. All this while Giannis and Khris were resting. I don’t understand why Doc didn’t tell him to not make those lazy attempts during time outs.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,683

Post#106 » by chonestown » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:17 pm

jschligs wrote:
RubberSoul wrote:The way we are playing we could legit fall to the 4 or 5 seed. This season is going nowhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We literally just beat OKC at full strength lol

that was on sun day tho
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,979

Post#107 » by sidney lanier » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:24 pm

Not mad about this one. It's a long and winding road to the championship, and leads will be blown along the way.

The only thing that really bothered me last night was letter jacket LeBron not getting a tech late in the game when he came on the court and went ballistic on the official. But I haven't been asleep for the last 20 years and realize that the King gets regal treatment. We are all witnesses.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,539

Post#108 » by PG Graveyard » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:01 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Lakers still the feature on the ESPN website.

They should change it to a picture of Tony Brothers.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,709

Post#109 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:14 pm

32 to 17 FT advantage and a 26 to 13 foul disparity despite us having Giannis/Dame at home and them being without Lebron. Truly remarkable stuff and I'm not sure how people give a **** about anything else that happened in this one. Like, I almost have to applaud Silver and the league for having the balls to be this blatant about it. They're absolutely desperate to give the Lakers two shots at the play-in.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,938

Post#110 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:19 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:32 to 17 FT advantage and a 26 to 13 foul disparity despite us having Giannis/Dame at home and them being without Lebron. Truly remarkable stuff and I'm not sure how people give a **** about anything else that happened in this one. Like, I almost have to applaud Silver and the league for having the balls to be this blatant about it.

The only way you can think this is if you just didn't watch the 4th quarter at all. Of course it's a joke but it would've been a complete afterthought if our whole team didn't collectively **** the bed in the 4th. You can't just blindly blame the refs for all aspects of that meltdown.

Regardless I take comfort in knowing this will be the highlight of the Lakers season. They're not going anywhere in the playoffs.
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#111 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:32 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:32 to 17 FT advantage and a 26 to 13 foul disparity despite us having Giannis/Dame at home and them being without Lebron. Truly remarkable stuff and I'm not sure how people give a **** about anything else that happened in this one. Like, I almost have to applaud Silver and the league for having the balls to be this blatant about it.

The only way you can think this is if you just didn't watch the 4th quarter at all. Of course it's a joke but it would've been a complete afterthought if our whole team didn't collectively **** the bed in the 4th. You can't just blindly blame the refs for all aspects of that meltdown.

Regardless I take comfort in knowing this will be the highlight of the Lakers season. They're not going anywhere in the playoffs.

And this is why nobody should give a ****. We're never meeting these foul merchants in a playoff series so who cares? Do you guys really think that the crunch time stuff is a problem though? We're the 3rd best clutch team in the league with a +18.7 net-rating in those situations, and just because the league at this point is openly handicapping how teams can play defense against the Lakers, doesn't change that.

https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/clutch-advanced?dir=A&sort=W
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,082

Post#112 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:35 pm

The Bucks shoot the 2nd most FT per game. One spot higher than the Lakers.

Just putting that out there.
Siefer
RealGM

Post#113 » by Siefer » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:35 pm

The refs were awful, and the Lakers got away with murder over the last 19 minutes, but it still shouldn't have been close to enough. If Dame and Midds don't spend the last 8 minutes of regulation taking turns forcing double-teamed long twos (it was **** wild to watch), and actually run an offense, we cruise to the 8v5 win.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,100

Post#114 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:38 pm

Siefer wrote:The refs were awful, and the Lakers got away with murder over the last 19 minutes, but it still shouldn't have been close to enough. If Dame and Midds don't spend the last 8 minutes of regulation taking turns forcing double-teamed long twos (it was **** wild to watch), and actually run an offense, we cruise to the 8v5 win.

And the sad part is we only needed them to hit one of those shots. Just one.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,100

Post#115 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:43 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Do you guys really think that the crunch time stuff is a problem though?

The crunch time defense is the problem. We are old and slow. And it means we have problems getting back on D, recovering from screens and chasing down loose balls.

The single biggest reason we aren’t cruising to a title is the inability of the GM to find/acquire one or two very athletic guys who can actually play (versus say Ajax who is athletic, but really can’t play the game (now or maybe ever)). We need a front court and a backcourt athletic guy.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,173

Post#116 » by DingleJerry » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:58 pm

Sucks but not too concerned about too much, it happens. Basically just couldn't shoot at the end and with this team that shouldn't be a trend or a problem, more of a fluke. Khris ended up with tons of late regulation possessions and none of them went. What did Beaz miss 3 completely wide open 3s in OT before making the one that didn't matter. Just keep spamming the Dame/Giannis ball screen and that won't be a problem overall. Though of course bad games happen.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#117 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:06 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Do you guys really think that the crunch time stuff is a problem though?

The crunch time defense is the problem. We are old and slow. And it means we have problems getting back on D, recovering from screens and chasing down loose balls.

The single biggest reason we aren’t cruising to a title is the inability of the GM to find/acquire one or two very athletic guys who can actually play (versus say Ajax who is athletic, but really can’t play the game (now or maybe ever)). We need a front court and a backcourt athletic guy.

Sure, but they're also the 6th best defense in clutch minutes just behind Boston and Denver. The idea shouldn't be that the defense needs to bail us out constantly like the Bud years though. That's why you get Dame, and if him and Khris are shooting a combined 13-of-44 from the field, you just kinda have to throw up your hands cuz you're not winning many playoff games that way. I mean, we did just trounce an actual contender the previous game with Dame scoring 11 points on 12 shots...
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,842

Post#118 » by fansinceforever » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:06 pm

The Bucks find a variety of ways to lose against teams that they shouldn't. It isn't just the Lakers and foul disparity hasn't been a consistent issue.
Siefer
RealGM

Post#119 » by Siefer » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:59 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

We are old, and it can show pretty clearly at times, but I think you've been overstating the problem, especially for this game. We looked much more spry than the Lakers until they started sumo wrestling with Giannis and Brook, and we hit a wall in OT. The D was pretty good last night until guys ran out of gas in extras.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,015

Post#120 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:08 pm

Last night looked like a repeat of our last two games against miami in the playoffs last year.

It was not a jrue, or bud, or whose the SG issue. middleton choked last night but he was a dagger against miami. need to isolate and acknowledge the real problem if were going to improve

Return to Milwaukee Bucks